Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 138708 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« on: October 02, 2017, 02:00:09 am »

A young girl cries in a corner, all alone, and without hope.  A tragedy has befallen her, and even though she doesn't yet know the full extent of it, she's already been devastated by what she does know.  Some part of her is aware that she needs to try and make things better, prevent just a little of the tragedy yet to come, but she can't.  Her will isn't strong enough to change anything, she isn't strong enough, and she's fully conscious of that fact.  So instead she sits here, curled up, crying and waiting for things to get worse.

Soon enough, however, she isn't alone anymore.  A creature joins her, a very strange creature.  A tiger cub, pink-furred and purple striped, sits beside her, and talks directly into her mind.  It, unlike everyone else, understands her hardships, and understands her desires.  Its dissonantly calm golden eyes stare into her own, and it explains that she isn't so weak as she thought.  She can change things for the better, she can improve her life, and the lives of those she cares about.  It tells her she can become a beacon of hope... if she's willing to sacrifice just a little.  All she has to do is make a wish, and everything will get better immediately...

She accepts, trusting the small creature who believes in her, and she holds it close as she makes her wish.  Satisfied, the adorable animal snuggles close to her, smiling internally as it hears her naive wish.  It always finds them fascinating.

Spoiler: What is this? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats and Rolls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Default Abilities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Soul and Magic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ inspired by PMMM and Piecewise
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 02:00:53 am »

Equanimity:
This is the neutral "Class"; everyone can take its powers.  They're mostly basic utility, useful and important to everyone.  Additionally, unlike all other powers, every Equanimity power has a level 0; every magical girl can use these powers to some extent, though in general they're far weaker than even the Level 1 version.

Spoiler: Equanimity (click to show/hide)

Bravery:  [glow=red,2,300][color=Red][/glow]
Bravery is a class centred around frontline combat, and having a lot of very cheap power.  Braves are very powerful, and very good at taking damage for their team, but are always at high risk; beyond the fact that they actively want to get hurt to increase their power, they have a lot of different maintained powers which can build up to a significant cost if one isn't careful.  Still, they're powerful, and if you're careful, manageably efficient.

Spoiler: Bravery (click to show/hide)

Creativity:  [glow=green,2,300][color=green][/glow]
Creativity is the stealthy manipulator class.  They're bad at direct effects, but are extremely versatile, capable of filling multiple roles.  Most of their powers are highly variable in effect, which can make it hard to be efficient with soul, but means a Creative almost always has an answer to their problems.

Spoiler: Creativity (click to show/hide)

Innocence:  [glow=hotpink,2,300][color=hotpink][/glow]
Innocence is the pragmatist's class.  They don't have direct powers, and what they do have isn't as versatile as a Creative's powers, but they're particularly efficient and can be very powerful if played carefully.  I've spotted more annoying exploits that Innocents can use than any other class.

Spoiler: Innocence (click to show/hide)

Joy:  [glow=darkorange,2,300][color=darkorange][/glow]
Joy is the second primary battle class.  It's notably much more powerful than Bravery, but also more fragile and inefficient.  They also use exclusively area-of-effect powers, which can make them more dangerous to their teammates.  Alone, Joys are possibly stronger than any other class.

Spoiler: Joy (click to show/hide)

Love:  [glow=#DFC600,2,300][color=#DFC600][/glow]
Love is a pure support class, that is crippled alone.  Their passive is vastly stronger than most others, but can also weaken them--it links them specifically to another character, and grants several bonuses to both the Love and their ally, while making the Love's powers far more efficient and practical.  It isn't exactly safe to team up with a Love, because they can betray you easily, but it can be quite useful, especially for vulnerable characters.

Do note, "Love" here does not necessarily mean romantic love.  It can very well be platonic.

Spoiler: Love (click to show/hide)

Mercy:  [glow=#4444FF,2,300][color=#4444FF][/glow]
Mercy is the healer class, and if you make an Overwatch comparison I will smack you.  They revolve around wound management--literally, managing both your allies' and enemies' wounds.  Mercies are easily the most valuable support class, but could end up with limited options if their teammates play exceptionally safely.

Spoiler: Mercy (click to show/hide)

Purity:  [glow=darkorchid,2,300][color=darkorchid][/glow]
Purity is the bossy leader and crowd control class.  They have the most versatile multi-target powers, able to buff and debuff, and are the best at supporting their teammates' actions.  Unlike Loves, Pures aren't affected by tunnel vision, but they also aren't quite as directly powerful.

Spoiler: Purity (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 02:01:21 am »

Spoiler: Thanks (click to show/hide)

Those who are Left:

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Those who are Lost:

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Those who are Found:

DON'T FORGET!

PUMSY LOVES YOU!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 02:05:13 am »

Sheet up:

Name: Alida Larsen
Description: Salt-stained blonde hair, short.  Just covering part of her ears.  Magical girl outfit is inspired by classic sailing outfit, with white whites and blue accents like an overdecorated navy cadet uniform.  Notable inclusions are shiny buttons and vertical stripes down the pant legs.  Soul gem is blue, and pinned to the left breast like a medallion.  It may manifest with a more full-coloured jacket should conditions be inclement.

Backstory:  Alida Larsen was a fisherman's daughter.  Second of seven children, she grew up in a warm home full of loving (and exasperating) siblings, until the wreck of her father's ship killed all aboard save for one, who never spoke again.  The difficulty and stress of raising seven children alone drove her mother to the edge of sanity, and Alida's older sister to enter the workforce early.

Wish:  To know what happened in the tragic accident that took her father's life.

Motivation:  She always thought she'd be busy out there on the lines working for the benefit of others, and what is fighting witches but that?

Greatest Fear:  The loss of herself and those around her, not in some noble cause or necessary sacrifice, but because of some foolish mistake or accident.

Totem:  A fishing club.

Stats:

Bravery:  Talented
Joy:  Skilled
Innocence:  Amateur
Purity:  Amateur
Mercy:  Skilled
Creativity:  Cursed
Love:  Cursed

Abilities:
Mobility Lvl2
Close Combat Lvl2+1
Effigy Lvl1
Painless Lvl2
Berzerker Lvl2
Totem Manipulation Lvl1
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 02:42:34 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 02:15:37 am »

Looks interesting.  I'm in, but I'll do my sheet tomorrow.
What he said. Except I don't have to say it looks interesting because I've already been behind the scenes of this thing all over the place. :P
Sheet later, when I'm biologically capable of creativity.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 06:19:51 am »

In, sheet in a couple hours.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 03:12:31 pm »

I've been considering making a character for a while, but there's one point I'd like clarification on. I'm considering making the Totem a Shurikens, but I'm not really sure how it'd be handled in the system. It's technically a ranged weapon, but it isn't used to launch anything. But, if I aim to use it for itself via duplication from Totem Manipulation, there's no real applicable totem benefit. Cheaper mana bolts have nothing to do with the use of the Totem (I assume mana bolts would be the form of ammunition, while shurikens ARE ammunition themselves), while the bonus for non-weapons (better Totem Manipulation) is most relevant to using shurikens, but cannot be used, since shurikens are throwable weapons. So, how would it work?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 03:18:00 pm »

I assume any throwing weapons count as melee. Because in this system lots of attacks will involve throwing your melee weapon anyway, because you have a near-unlimited supply.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 09:40:30 pm »

Yeah, Shuriken would count as melee, though they are on the edge.  "Ranged weapons" is intended more for weapons which fire a separate projectile, since technically close combat makes just about any melee weapon throwable.

Shuriken would be weaker than other weapons, due to their small size, and it'd be hard to parry with them, but they would be a lot cheaper to make with Totem Manip than a sword or something.  You'd get ten or so for the cost someone else might pay to summon a sword.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 09:46:43 pm »

A magical girl game ran by syvarris of all people? This I've got to see.

Posting to fetch popcorn and watch.

Edit: Oh my, this is the unholy spawn a product of the ER IRC channel, isn't it?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 10:00:43 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 09:52:00 pm »

...Goddamnit, I don't have time for another game
But inspired by PMMM tho
...Will sheet Soon(tm), unless outside things prevent me from doing so.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 09:55:44 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2017, 10:05:42 pm »

Edit: Oh my, this is the unholy spawn a product of the ER IRC channel, isn't it?
Yes, we're still around. And occasionally we even accomplish things like this! Also we all watched Madoka together, so that's pretty much why this exists.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2017, 10:14:46 pm »

Goddamn I really should get back on that channel.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 10:45:52 pm »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 84