Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 138727 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 11:02:01 pm »

Yeah, Shuriken would count as melee, though they are on the edge.  "Ranged weapons" is intended more for weapons which fire a separate projectile, since technically close combat makes just about any melee weapon throwable.

Shuriken would be weaker than other weapons, due to their small size, and it'd be hard to parry with them, but they would be a lot cheaper to make with Totem Manip than a sword or something.  You'd get ten or so for the cost someone else might pay to summon a sword.
They'd be weaker, but still far more frequent. Damage should average out over time. Besides, a sufficiently modified shrunken, or perhaps a katana I pick up somewhere, could parry somewhat well. Anyway, if it's a Melee weapon, then would damage rely on Bravery, even at range?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2017, 11:31:56 pm »

No, ranged attacks, even thrown, use Joy.  Thrown weapon damage is weakly linked to Bravery, because high bravery means your base strength is higher, but close combat gives such a strength boost that it won't really matter.  Someone with cursed Bravery and close combat (of any level) active is much stronger than someone with talented bravery but no magical boost.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2017, 12:47:25 am »

Hoho, no way I'm missing such a game :)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2017, 04:02:29 am »

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 04:04:19 am by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2017, 05:04:12 am »

Well.  That marks four completed sheets.  In interest of getting the game going sooner rather than later, I'm going to choose the players "tomorrow" morning, in ~20 hours.  If you want in, submit a sheet before then.  And, uh, you don't need to make grimdark characters with bad wishes, happy characters are totally okay too.  ^-^'

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2017, 09:12:25 am »

((PTW. Good luck, would-be magicae puellae! ...Game test showed that you'll really need it. ;) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2017, 09:54:36 am »

noooooooo i don't need another game god damn it

Also, firearms not allowed?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 09:57:40 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2017, 11:42:11 am »

They are, you just don't get ammo for free.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2017, 06:35:13 pm »

Bravery: The ability to stand up against fear, and the dedication to never give up.
Joy: The capacity to stay optimistic, and always enjoy the pleasures of life.
Love: The selflessness to hold someone else higher than yourself, and truly empathize with and understand another human.
Purity: The confidence to stay true to yourself, and resist attempts to change or control you.
Innocence: The wisdom to keep yourself grounded, not losing yourself entirely in the magical world you've found yourself thrust into.
Creativity: The ability to think laterally and see things from a unique perspective.
Mercy: The kindness to see the goodness in everyone, and realize that even those who mistreat you aren't pure evil.

Brutality: The sheer determination and bloody-mindedness to never stop, no matter what must be done.
Indifference: The ability to ignore the pain and suffering of others, so long as you have what you want.
Love: The selfish desire to hold and protect what matters to yourself above all other factors.
Pride: The confidence that you're the only one who really matters, and that you stand above all others in terms of ability.
Denial: The ability to ignore what's right in front of you, living in a fantasy where everything is fine, and you're the hero.
Cruelty: The creativity to come up with new and novel ways to hurt people for your own benefit.
Negligence: The ability to ignore the sins of others, so long as their actions suit you.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2017, 08:27:25 pm »

Spoiler: Last minute sheet~ (click to show/hide)

Also:

Edit: Oh my, this is the unholy spawn a product of the ER IRC channel, isn't it?
Yes, we're still around. And occasionally we even accomplish things like this! Also we all watched Madoka together, so that's pretty much why this exists.
Missed this but you wouldn't happen to have the logs of that, would you? I love hearing people's reactions to that show :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2017, 09:18:55 pm »

Well, I was sorta hoping to be the only Creative-talented application. But two's fine, our characters have a handful of differences.

Spoiler: Hensan Masuyo (click to show/hide)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2017, 11:31:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 11:50:42 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2017, 02:46:58 am »

Woo, pretty nice! I'm looking forward to it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2017, 04:26:43 am »

Devastator, Nakéen, Twinwolf, and KingMurdoc are in.  I'll get writing your introductory posts, should be able to do it before morning.

To those who didn't get in, don't feel bad!

You are the lucky ones.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 84