Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 140696 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2017, 08:53:24 pm »

"I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't this.  Is this new to you too, Mina?"

..Ribbons.. lanterns.. wire..  This must be a witch of wire and cloth.  And shops.  Many, many shops.  The ribbons might serve as platforms, or they might serve as wires or chains..  hmm..

Throw my club at one of the paper lanterns, while trying to feel for the location of the witch.  Try to stay light on my feet, ready to move, and catch the club upon its fall.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 08:56:22 pm by Devastator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2017, 12:21:27 am »

((Popping in to note that my response will be delayed until tomorrow night. Grant proposals and such, I've fallen a bit behind.))
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2017, 12:33:27 pm »

"We must be getting close."

Asha closed her eyes, focusing on the oppressive feeling of misery. She attempted to probe her surrounding for the flow of emotions, hoping it would give her a clearer view of the situation.

Attempt to sense any surrounding misery, and presumably head in the not-lair hardware store with Tooru. If the flow of misery seems overwhelming, do not enter.

You close your eyes, and concentrate on the flow of misery around you.  It's actually so strong at this point that you can vaugely make out the shape of your surroundings as the nasueating mist flows around you; it seems to partially respect solid obstacles, flowing around them more than through.  Still, the flow isn't overwhelming, just disgusting--and the source is most certainly that hardware store.

You steel yourself, and open your eyes to look at the entrance.  It's completely dark, darker than anything you've ever seen before, and you just know that something terrible waits on the other side.  You look at Tooru next to you, and can tell she's come to the same conclusion.  Still, it's your job to go in there and end whatever evil you find.  You grab Tooru's hand, and walk through the portal with her.

After a brief moment of vertigo, you find yourself inside the labyrinth.  It's... not what you expected; you're at the head of a wide road, with tall brick buildings on both sides.  There's an absolute swarm of wire figures on the street, moving in all directions, apparently wandering between shops and stalls that occupy every wall, and sometimes even sit in the middle of the road.  This is all blocked off from you, though--an unmoving line of wire figures two deep stand shoulder-to-shoulder maybe fifteen feet down the road.  They completely block the path, unless you were to climb over them, or just smash their frail frames.

The cables that led into the hardware store continue down the center of the street, but you can't see where they end up.  Despite their thin shapes, the crowd of wire people is so thick you can't see more than thirty or forty feet down the road.  Maybe if you got higher up, you could see further?  You look up, and see that there's a veritable net of wires hanging above you, with many ribbons and softly glowing paper lanterns hanging from them.

"I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't this.  Is this new to you too, Mina?"

..Ribbons.. lanterns.. wire..  This must be a witch of wire and cloth.  And shops.  Many, many shops.  The ribbons might serve as platforms, or they might serve as wires or chains..  hmm..

Throw my club at one of the paper lanterns, while trying to feel for the location of the witch.  Try to stay light on my feet, ready to move, and catch the club upon its fall.

[Joy]

You throw your club, and successfully manage to hit one of the lanterns, your weapon tearing right into it.  Unfortunately, the club doesn't come back out the other side; apparently those lanterns are surprisingly tough, and you'll have to go up there yourself to retrieve your tool.  Shouldn't be too hard; you jumped a bit higher than that earlier today.

While considering your options, you try to sense the witch herself.  Immediately, you're faced with a problem: All this time, you'd been following the misery leaking from the labyrinth, but inside, it seems to come from all directions.  There is no source of misery that you can discern--everything here seems miserable to your senses.  If there's any flow at all, it's a slight flow towards the broken wall behind you, from every direction.

You furrow your brow, thinking.  After a moment, Mina speaks up, saying that she thinks she actually can hear something, a very distant grinding sound.  She says that it's coming from both the left and right, though maybe a bit more to the left?  It's hard for her to tell.  You try and listen for it too, but can't hear a thing beyond the sound of your own breath.

((Popping in to note that my response will be delayed until tomorrow night. Grant proposals and such, I've fallen a bit behind.))

((No worries, real life always takes priority.  'Least Tooru has a partner to lead her along.))

Character sheets:

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2017, 05:56:08 pm »

"Spooky. . ." Tooru murmured. This had to be where the witch was; they radiated misery, right? And this definitely looked weird enough to be a witch's lair. From what she could see, anyway. "I wonder. . ." It was hard to see with all these wire things around. The main wire looked important, so they should probably follow that, but it could go right into a pit or something. And there were a lot of wires above too. "I have an idea!" Tooru squeaked, and then cupped her hand over her face after realizing how loud she actually was in the quiet place.

Tooru braces herself for a moment, and then tries to leap up to, grab ahold of, and climb atop the net of wires if possible.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2017, 06:46:17 pm »

"This is a very strange place.  I'll follow your instincts, Mina."

Jump up and retrieve the club.  Return to the ground then, and try to seek out the grinding sound at ground level.  At some point try to put my foot on the wall to see if gravity shifts 90 degrees.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2017, 06:52:20 pm »

Asha felt inspired by Tooru's initiative. From her position, she raised her voice.

"What are you seeing ?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2017, 07:53:28 pm »

"Uh... yeah, this is new to me too." Mina says in response to the first question, before making that observation. She sees the other girl's club, and wonders - is that magic...? She reaches out, and then she has a halberd. "Oooooh, cool."

Look for the sound! Oh, and stick with Alida. Keep an eye out, too! Never know when the witch could show up.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2017, 02:07:08 pm »

"Spooky. . ." Tooru murmured. This had to be where the witch was; they radiated misery, right? And this definitely looked weird enough to be a witch's lair. From what she could see, anyway. "I wonder. . ." It was hard to see with all these wire things around. The main wire looked important, so they should probably follow that, but it could go right into a pit or something. And there were a lot of wires above too. "I have an idea!" Tooru squeaked, and then cupped her hand over her face after realizing how loud she actually was in the quiet place.

Tooru braces herself for a moment, and then tries to leap up to, grab ahold of, and climb atop the net of wires if possible.

[Joy]

You leap up just enough to grab one of the lower wires with one hand.  You wince as the metal digs into your palm a little, but you quickly pull yourself up enough to grab it with your other hand, and then loop your legs around the wire as well.  From there, plenty of other wires are within reach, and you carefully climb further up until you're held up by four different wires.  It's an awkward position, but you can get a view down the street.

[Creativity]

As expected, it's much easier to follow the cables from this angle.  Apparently the crowd of wire people thins out the farther away it gets, and the road is completely straight so you actually have a decent view of the couple hundred feet left in the cables.  They lead to the center of a large area at the end of the road, where they attach to some mechanisms you can't quite make out.  Then they redirect straight up, presumably going towards the ceiling--you can't see anything higher than fifteen or so feet, since the net of wires you're in blocks your view.

You also notice that the road seems to have a lot of side paths, where smaller roads branch off.  All of them have traffic going through them, except for the closest one on the left side, which is so choked with stalls that nothing can walk through.  You start to move to try and get a better look at the blocked road, when a wire leg steps on a hanging wire right in front of your face.

You jerk away with a small yell, but the wire person just continues walking to the wall, which it steps onto and promptly walks up, defying gravity.  It just keeps walking up, but you lose track of it a moment later when you realize just how tall this place is--there's at least another three stories of ribbons and paper lanterns, if not more.  You can't see higher only because the space is so thick with ornaments.

Asha felt inspired by Tooru's initiative. From her position, she raised her voice.

"What are you seeing ?"

You stand back and watch as Tooru monkeys her way into the wires hanging above.  The net is clearly terrible for climbing around in, but she still climbs confidently through with remarkable speed.  You've always been terrible at climbing--you recall the last time you tried to climb a tree, which you fell out of almost immediately.  You didn't get hurt then, mostly because you hadn't gotten far up enough for the fall to hurt.  You frown and position yourself to try and catch Tooru, just in case she falls...

You're just as surprised as her when the wire person steps in front of her--it was practically invisible in the net, since it's so thin and made of the same stuff.  Once you've spotted it, though, it's not hard to follow at all; you carefully watch its path as it walks to the wall and starts walking right up it.  You keep watching as it walks directly to a store that's apparently operating through a window, and see a pair of wire arms hold a chainsaw out, which the wire person takes and carefully cradles in its own arms.

"This is a very strange place.  I'll follow your instincts, Mina."

Jump up and retrieve the club.  Return to the ground then, and try to seek out the grinding sound at ground level.  At some point try to put my foot on the wall to see if gravity shifts 90 degrees.

[Joy]

You decide to test the wall for gravity at the same time you retrieve your club.  You take a couple steps away, and then run straight at it, jump, and run a few paces up the wall.  Gravity doesn't change, so you kick off at the height of your run, launching yourself towards the lantern.  You catch yourself on the wire it's hanging from, and casually reach in to grab your club.  With it retrieved, you drop down in front of Mina, who just stares at you wide-eyed.

You stare back for a few seconds, eventually pointing out to her that she's the only one who can hear the sound.  She sheepishly nods, and then turns to follow it.  She's even slower than usual, trying to pick her way through the crowd without touching anything, a task which you know is impossible from experience.  You sigh, and just follow along in her wake.

"Uh... yeah, this is new to me too." Mina says in response to the first question, before making that observation. She sees the other girl's club, and wonders - is that magic...? She reaches out, and then she has a halberd. "Oooooh, cool."

Look for the sound! Oh, and stick with Alida. Keep an eye out, too! Never know when the witch could show up.

You watch in slight confusion as Alida backs away from you, facing the wall.  A moment later she charges at it, and runs directly up the wall, getting almost ten feet high, before jumping off and grabbing a hanging wire, where she reaches into the lantern she destroyed and grabs her club.  Then she drops down in front of you and looks at you casually, as if elaborate parkour is something every fourteen year old does regularly.

It takes a dry comment from Alida to remind you of your role.  You nod and quickly turn away, focusing on listening to the sound as you forge ahead.  The wire people are thick in the street, and seemingly completely ignorant of you.  You try your best not to touch any of them, but it's impossible in the crowd, and you brush up against some.  They just slide past, like liquids, almost entirely without weight or mass.  It's odd to feel, but you get used to it, and soon are forging ahead while barely paying any mind to the strange figures that surround you.

[Creativity]

Soon enough you come to a branch in the road, leading to your right.  The sound is much clearer now, a steady grinding of gears which comes from that path, though you can't see the source even once you start walking down that way.  Only when you get to the end of the path, where the crowd thins out to only a few wire figures, can you see.

Quote from: Devastator AND TwinWolf

In front of you is a large circular chamber, fifty feet across, which is almost entirely empty.  There's no wire figures, no shops, and even the hanging decorations are much thinner, making the entire room feel much more open, though some have fallen down and dangle to the ground.  The only objects in the room are a collection of seven short machines in the center, six of which have thick cables leading out towards your right, down a larger road than the one you came through.  Two of them are currently active, mechanisms spinning quietly inside as they steadily drag their cables closer.

Additional cables hang above each of the machines, unconnected.  Six, above the machines which have their own cables, hang inches above with nothing attached, but the empty machine's hanging cable is four feet above the ground, and is wrapped in a massive bundle which extends another seven feet up.  It's only a couple feet wide, somewhat thicker towards the middle and top, and very thin towards the bottom.

Aside from the machines and their steady grinding, the chamber is completely empty, and deathly quiet.  The ceiling still can't be seen despite the thinner adornments, because they get suddenly get extremely thick about four or five stories up.  There's another three entrances to this room, one large one to your right, and two smaller alleys to the left  Even Mina can't hear or see anything else in the room, or see far into the mess of wires and ribbons above.

Character sheets:

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 26, 2017, 02:35:35 pm »

Hmm. Wonder what the machines are fishing for? People?
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 26, 2017, 05:52:27 pm »

"I think if I break something here, we're going to be in a fight.  Are you ready?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 26, 2017, 09:06:06 pm »

"Ready as I'll ever be!" Mina says, gripping her halberd tightly and trying to be ready to move...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2017, 09:08:51 pm »

"This place is really tall! I can't actually tell how far it goes up. . ." Tooru peers down the street, while simultaneously side-eyeing the figure with the chainsaw. They hadn't been hostile so far, but. . . "The wires keep going down the street, and there are less of the, um, wire people that way. There's this weird machine, I don't know what it's for."

Climb through the wires, try to get a bit closer. But don't leave Asha behind or let her out of sight.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 26, 2017, 09:42:43 pm »

"Alright, here I go!"

Leap atop the unattached wire lump on top of the cable, and prod it with the club, seeing if there's anything inside it, and if it can be unwound.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 08:23:36 am by Devastator »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2017, 12:49:16 am »

"Okay! Don't get too far, I'm coming! Tell me if you feel or see danger!"

Asha knew she wasn't as agile as Tooru. And that annoying fence... well, that was the work of a witch, so she could go all out she thought.

Kick the fence down and join up to Tooru!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2017, 09:42:47 pm »

Interesting concept. Posting to watch.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 84