Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 140703 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2017, 09:55:24 pm »

Be ready for a fight if something happens...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2017, 01:52:38 pm »

"Alright, here I go!"

Leap atop the unattached wire lump on top of the cable, and prod it with the club, seeing if there's anything inside it, and if it can be unwound.

You stride right to the wire lump, and pause to inspect the bottom for a few seconds, before deciding that most of it is too high to get a good look at.  So you leap up to the top, grab on to the cable that it's hanging from, and start prodding it with your club.

[Innocence]

As far as you can tell, this might as well be a solid mass of steel.  There's no give to the wires at all, and they're wound too tightly to grip individually.  You scramble around the sides, looking for an end, but find none.  Next, you check the cable that it's hanging from, but it just disappears straight into the mass.  There really doesn't seem to be anything you can do to it that would matter.

You look over at Mina and tell her that you can't do anything with the lump, but she seems distracted by something down the largest side road.  you look over that way, but don't see anything different from the one you went through, apart from the size.

Be ready for a fight if something happens...

[Creativity]

You stay close to Alida as she examines the wire lump.  You don't pay much attention to her work, instead keeping an eye out for danger.  Nothing shows up, but you keep watching down the four roads connected to this area, filled with crowds of wire people.  The largest road, to the right of the road you came from, is particularly thick with the things, much denser than the roads you went through.  You almost don't notice, but that road in particular leads to a solid black wall, like the one you went through to get into this place.  The other three roads just end in brick walls and shops.

As you ponder this, you notice another oddity in that direction.  Something red is moving in the wires above the road, near the end...  You focus on it, watching, and when it drops down a little bit you realize that it's another girl, wearing some sort of weird red-and-white costume.  She stares in your direction for a few seconds, before turning back to look at something on the ground behind her--just then, you can barely hear the surprised cry of a second girl, though you can't see her through the mess of wires.

"Okay! Don't get too far, I'm coming! Tell me if you feel or see danger!"

Asha knew she wasn't as agile as Tooru. And that annoying fence... well, that was the work of a witch, so she could go all out she thought.

Kick the fence down and join up to Tooru!

You keep watching the wire person with the chainsaw, as they walk around the window shop and then upwards, directly away.  That's somewhat worrying, but it looks too flimsy to really wield any sort of weapon, right?  You shake your head and focus.  Tooru's getting ahead.

You stride over to the fence formed of creepy wire people, and quickly kick one of them hard.  The blow launches it backward into the crowd, with enough force to seperate it from the fence, and crumple both it and an unlucky few figures which were directly behind it.  It makes a nice path, so you walk right over the fallen shapes.

...And cry out as you almost immediately trip over the mess, crushing another two wire people under you.  You groan and start to inwardly berate yourself for your clumsiness, when you see a wire start to wrap itself around your wrist.  You scramble to your feet, your arm dragging two figures' worth of wire, and then you look down to see the figures below you deform and wrap around your legs, squeezing lightly.

"This place is really tall! I can't actually tell how far it goes up. . ." Tooru peers down the street, while simultaneously side-eyeing the figure with the chainsaw. They hadn't been hostile so far, but. . . "The wires keep going down the street, and there are less of the, um, wire people that way. There's this weird machine, I don't know what it's for."

Climb through the wires, try to get a bit closer. But don't leave Asha behind or let her out of sight.

You carefully pick your way forwards through the net of wires.  It's actually pretty easy after a bit of experience, especially once you climb a little higher.  You make a fair bit of progress forwards before climbing lower again to look back at Asha.  Before you turn around though, you notice that there's now people in the open area the road leads towards.  A blue person clings onto the side of some large hanging thing that you had missed before, and a green person stands on the ground nearby.

Before you can really inspect either, you hear Asha shout in surprise behind you.  You turn back and see her lying on the ground at the edge of the crowd, amid a bunch of crumpled wire figures.  She tripped, apparently on her first step.  You sigh; Just how clumsy is she?

Then she gets up, dragging most of the mess of wires with her, and you realize that they're clinging to her.  Oh.  That looks bad!

Character sheets:

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2017, 04:44:43 pm »

"W-what is this?! Let. Go!"

Asha attempts to lift the figures wrapping around her wrist, to smash them with force on the wires wrapping around her leg.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2017, 07:34:06 pm »

"H-hey, if you can hear me, come help! My friend is being attacked by these wire things!" She called out at the two girls she could see in the distance - they had to be other magical girls, right? She didn't have time to make sure; she was already climbing down to get a little closer. She had to get those wires off of her somehow, but all she knew how to do was blow them up, and she didn't exactly want to blow Asha up with them.

Steady myself, and launch a series of manabolts at the wires around Asha, making sure they aren't too explosive. Keep them aimed far enough away from her that they won't blow up. . . and also try to summon them in a way that's a bit more throwable, kind of like playing cards?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2017, 08:06:56 pm »

Hey, who put the two girls without any blades together...
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2017, 05:49:17 am »

Leap down and examine the humming machines.  What's the best way of taking them apart?  If nothing presents itself, grab a rock or chunk of something and shove it down the input tube it's pulling the wire through.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2017, 07:25:05 am »

"Hey... I think I see two girls over there? Pumsy did say there would be more, maybe we should go meet up with them!"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2017, 12:58:55 pm »

"W-what is this?! Let. Go!"

Asha attempts to lift the figures wrapping around her wrist, to smash them with force on the wires wrapping around her leg.

[Bravery]

You drag the figures attached to your wrists up, and grip the resultant mass with both hands.  For a moment you struggle to stop their advance up your forearm, but when you realize that you're making no progress, you opt to repeatedly smash them into the wires around your legs instead, as those wires are much further along.

This does not work out as well as you envisioned.  All the wires are bent and damaged somewhat with each strike, but after the third hit, the wires around your forearms have attached themselves to those around your legs.  You overbalance and fall over again, crushing yet another wire person beneath you.  Predictably, it starts wrapping around your torso.

[Innocence]

You tug your arms back, but there's only a couple inches of slack.  Your mind races as more wires start to tangle around your body, when you suddenly get an idea; the wires seem to be mostly trying to tie your limbs together by wrapping around them, so maybe you could trick them into tying around your entire body, if you curled into a ball?  From that position, it should be easy to tear them apart with all four limbs!

Before you can enact this plan, two loud thumps resonate from just behind your back, and the wires that were wrapping around your torso stop moving.  Moments later, a glowing red projectile smashes through the mess of wires between your arms and legs, and you immediately gain a couple more inches of slack, though no wires stop moving.  You look up, towards Tooru, and see her laying facedown among the wires, a panicked expression on her face.

"H-hey, if you can hear me, come help! My friend is being attacked by these wire things!" She called out at the two girls she could see in the distance - they had to be other magical girls, right? She didn't have time to make sure; she was already climbing down to get a little closer. She had to get those wires off of her somehow, but all she knew how to do was blow them up, and she didn't exactly want to blow Asha up with them.

Steady myself, and launch a series of manabolts at the wires around Asha, making sure they aren't too explosive. Keep them aimed far enough away from her that they won't blow up. . . and also try to summon them in a way that's a bit more throwable, kind of like playing cards?

You quickly drop down into a laying position, leaving your arms free to summon more of those talismans, putting as little energy into each one as possible.  It takes much more effort than you expected to summon even three weak talismans, notably more than last time when you just summoned one strong one, but you don't dwell on that oddity--Asha's in danger!

[Joy]

The bits of paper are almost identical to the one you summoned before, still flimsy paper, so you roll each of them up just like before.  Then you hesitate when you see how Asha's fallen again--there's almost no wires that aren't touching her, now.  You have to do something, though, so you throw two of your projectiles at the wires behind her.  They don't really explode, more smashing holes through the mess, but it works!   They're also surprisingly accurate, so you take a risk with your third throw, sending it right between Asha's entangled arms and legs.  That seems to work well, letting her move a little more freely, but now there's no wires that you could hit without also hitting her.

Leap down and examine the humming machines.  What's the best way of taking them apart?  If nothing presents itself, grab a rock or chunk of something and shove it down the input tube it's pulling the wire through.

[Innocence]

You hop down and inspect one of the two activated machines.  It's very simple and crude, little more than a metal box that looks like it was repurposed from something else, though you have no idea what.  There's some small holes in the sides, which let you see a startling variety of gears turning inside, but nothing that looks particularly deconstructible.  In fact, the box actually looks like it's built into the ground.

You shrug, and look in the hole the cable feeds into.  Apparently it's dragged in by two gears, one above, one below, but beyond that you see nothing.  You look around, and see nothing laying around, so you take off one shoe and feed that into the machine; it emits some strained grinding noises, and slows down for a couple seconds, but returns to normal quickly.  You don't think that accomplished much.  Maybe something more solid would work?

"Hey... I think I see two girls over there? Pumsy did say there would be more, maybe we should go meet up with them!"

Alida ignores your pleas, seeming more interested in feeding her clothes to a clockwork fishing reel.  Come to think of it, she's never seemed to pay much attention to you, beyond when she thought you were a witch, and when you've been able to lead her towards a witch.  Maybe she just doesn't care about teamwork...

Panicked shouting from over the girl in the wires draws your attention back towards her.  She's asking you to come help, apparently her friend's being attacked!  You look back at Alida, busily examining the box.  If she doesn't want to help, you could just go yourself, your halberd's probably way more effective than her little club anyway.  Assuming she doesn't feed the club to the machine too.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2017, 01:44:30 pm »

"Oh!  Sorry, I just get so distracted sometimes.  I want to help, really I do!"

Find the machine pulling in the wrapped up other girl, and just smash it full-force with the club.  If it isn't apparent which one it is, smash them both.  Then run towards the girl in danger.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 02:09:10 pm by Devastator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2017, 03:34:24 pm »

Tooru looked at the situation with increasing desperation. She couldn't just keep throwing talismans; there was nothing to hit other than Asha. "H-Hold on, Asha, I'm coming!" She scrambled down through the wires as best she could without hurting herself, and got as close as she could to the other magical girl without getting entangled herself. "H-here, take my hand"

Grab Asha's hand and try to pull her out of the mess!
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2017, 10:53:56 pm »

"Tooru!"

Extend hand toward Tooru!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2017, 07:09:00 pm »

"Coming to help!" Mina says, before rushing over to the other two girls. When she gets there, she would try to carefully cut the girl free of the entangling wires. "Be careful..." she told both herself and the girl.
Sigtext!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2017, 02:01:22 pm »

Tooru looked at the situation with increasing desperation. She couldn't just keep throwing talismans; there was nothing to hit other than Asha. "H-Hold on, Asha, I'm coming!" She scrambled down through the wires as best she could without hurting herself, and got as close as she could to the other magical girl without getting entangled herself. "H-here, take my hand"

Grab Asha's hand and try to pull her out of the mess!
"Tooru!"

Extend hand toward Tooru!

[Bravery]&Bravery

Tooru quickly repositions herself a little closer to Asha, before taking a deep breath and looping her legs around the lowest wire.  Then she lets go with her arms, and hangs upside-down, reaching out for Asha.  The ashen haired girl manages to tear her arms free from the tangle of wires around her legs, and jumps up to grab Tooru's hands.  Tooru catches her, and tries to pull her the rest of the way up, but she's just too heavy--it's all Tooru can do to not fall out of the wires herself.

Asha doesn't really need the help, however, her fear giving her strength and allowing her to basically use Tooru as a ladder to climb into the hanging wires.  She barely manages to get off Tooru before the bindings around her limbs wrap around the wires, locking her in an awkward position, though they finally stop moving after that.  Tooru climbs back up into the net as well, and holds herself close by, examining Asha's restraints.  Compared to the wires that are supporting the girls, they look rather flimsy, but they're also holding Asha up, and in a very precarious position.  Just ripping them off might send her plummeting back down into the wire crowd below, though that crowd seems to be entirely uncaring of the girls suspended above them.

Tooru's examinations are interrupted when a girl shouts from nearby, saying she wants to help.  Both Asha and Tooru turn to look over, and see a very green girl a short distance away, standing amidst the crowd while holding an oversized halberd.  Curiously, the crowd seems to be ignoring her as well, as she doesn't seem to have any wires attached to her.

"Coming to help!" Mina says, before rushing over to the other two girls. When she gets there, she would try to carefully cut the girl free of the entangling wires. "Be careful..." she told both herself and the girl.

While Alida finishes up, you rush into the crowd choking the street, sliding through the mass of wire people like a viscous fluid.  It's slow going, and you can't get to the pair before they haul the ground-bound girl into the net above, but you do get close enough to see that the second girl, who's pale and wearing depressingly plain clothes, has gotten herself trapped in the net, though the red one is apparently free and quite mobile.  You shout up that you want to help, and they both turn to look down at you, though the pale girl has to bend at an awkward angle to do so.

[Creativity]

When she turns, you can sense the wires directly above you vibrate, very slightly, with the motion.  It's quite subtle, but it was unmistakeable to your senses.  You keep your attention on the wires while the redhead moves to get a better look at you, and realize you can sense every motion they make just as clearly through the vibration of the wires as you can just by watching them; the effect is disconcertingly accurate.

"Oh!  Sorry, I just get so distracted sometimes.  I want to help, really I do!"

Find the machine pulling in the wrapped up other girl, and just smash it full-force with the club.  If it isn't apparent which one it is, smash them both.  Then run towards the girl in danger.

You can't see any difference between the cables, so you just set to smashing both machines.  They're much more fragile than you expected, grinding to a stop and releasing foul-smelling smoke after only a few hits each.  The smoke surprises you, as they appear to just be clockwork, but you don't pay the oddity much mind before you run off after Mina.

...And get blocked, almost immediately, by a wall of figures which completely barricades that road.  Unlike earlier, when you could just push past without them seeming to pay you any mind, every single figure seems to have stopped to stare at you, and most of them are linking arms to form a sort of barrier that stretches all the way across the street.  Apparently Mina already got past, since you don't see her anywhere.

You take a couple steps away from the new wall, considering what to do, but before you have any time to think a third machine starts humming behind you, and the attached cable goes taut.  You turn around to look; it's the machine on the opposite side of the mass of wires, but much more worrying is that the mass itself has also started moving.  It writhes and distorts, like something is inside and trying to push its way out.  It doesn't seem to be having much success, and as you watch its struggles get more and more violently desperate.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2017, 03:29:00 pm »

That was better, right? She wasn't in the huge mass below any more, at least. . . but it didn't seem like she could actually help get those wires off at this point, considering said huge mass. "H-hey, come up here, please! I-I'm going to try something but it's dangerous to be on the ground when I do!" A definite note of panic was in her voice, panic that was barely controlled as she tried to find a way to help her friend. Tooru figured that, if cutting her down was too dangerous because of all the wire below, then she could try to just blow all that wire away, right? Even if it knocked them around a little, it was better than. . . whatever was going to happen if they got caught.

Summon another explosive talisman!
GM of Trespassers V2.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2017, 04:49:23 pm »

This.. this doesn't look good.  Where to go next?

Kick off my other shoe so that I'm not wearing just one, and leap up on the mass of wire again.  Stab the club deeply into the mass and see if I can get some leverage to start tearing it apart.

"I think someone's stuck here.  Can you make it over here to help?"
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 05:57:08 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 84