Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 139968 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #135 on: November 02, 2017, 11:46:44 pm »

Asha was definitely not in a comfortable position. That was an embarassing predicament, and she could feel that the wires holding her up were much thinner than normal wires.

She saw Tooru start summoning an explosive talisman. Feeling a bit restless and still shocked, she inquired with a puzzled and somewhat worried voice.

"W-wait Tooru, what are you going to do with that talisman?"

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 11:48:49 pm by Nakéen »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2017, 01:31:44 pm »

((This update brought to you by Notepad++, which didn't lose anything despite my computer crashing when I was about 80% done.))

That was better, right? She wasn't in the huge mass below any more, at least. . . but it didn't seem like she could actually help get those wires off at this point, considering said huge mass. "H-hey, come up here, please! I-I'm going to try something but it's dangerous to be on the ground when I do!" A definite note of panic was in her voice, panic that was barely controlled as she tried to find a way to help her friend. Tooru figured that, if cutting her down was too dangerous because of all the wire below, then she could try to just blow all that wire away, right? Even if it knocked them around a little, it was better than. . . whatever was going to happen if they got caught.

Summon another explosive talisman!

You shout to the girl on the ground, and then focus on summoning your talisman.  It comes easier this time than it did before, and the panic that's creeping into your mind seems to speed the process along.  In only seconds, you have a perfect copy of the magical bomb that had sent you and Asha flying earlier, down to the volatile magic which eats away at the edges of it.  You frown; from how fast it's burning away, it seems like it should stay stable for at least a minute... but last time, it exploded mere seconds after creation.

Looking up from your work, you realize with slight horror that the girl hasn't moved even an inch from her position.  She's is a fair distance away from you and Asha's position, more than twice the distance you had been from the previous explosion you created, but that still doesn't quite seem safe.  You worriedly look back down at the slowly-eroding talisman in your hands--you definitely need to figure out what to do with it, and soon.

This.. this doesn't look good.  Where to go next?

Kick off my other shoe so that I'm not wearing just one, and leap up on the mass of wire again.  Stab the club deeply into the mass and see if I can get some leverage to start tearing it apart.

"I think someone's stuck here.  Can you make it over here to help?"

[Bravery]

You quickly get rid of your remaining footwear, and charge back to the mass of wire.  You jump up and cling to the side, a task made somewhat difficult by the undulating movement of whoever's inside, before jamming your club against the side.  It takes several attempts to get your club in--the wires are still extremely tightly wrapped, despite the violent escape attempts--but on the fourth try you jam it into a momentarily loose spot.  You pull down as hard as you can, opening a thin gap for a moment, and almost immediately a hand half-covered by wire reaches out.

The hand grabs your right forearms, and squeezes, hard.  Thin metal points dig into your skin, sending pain lancing up your arm for a moment before the entire limb goes numb.  You shriek, and pull away, but the hand just grips you tighter and drives the sharp points further into your flesh.  A second hand appears, gripping the bottom of the opening you created, and starts to pull it further open.  Whatever that thing is in there, it is very strong, far stronger than any human.

Asha was definitely not in a comfortable position. That was an embarassing predicament, and she could feel that the wires holding her up were much thinner than normal wires.

She saw Tooru start summoning an explosive talisman. Feeling a bit restless and still shocked, she inquired with a puzzled and somewhat worried voice.

"W-wait Tooru, what are you going to do with that talisman?"

Tooru doesn't answer immediately.  From her worried expression, and how she keeps looking between her talisman and the green girl, she's too preoccupied with how close the newcomer is.  More worryingly, Tooru's hesitating with that talisman, which is making you very nervous due to how close she is.  You tug on your trapped limbs a bit, testing your bonds more.

[Innocence]

...You're pretty sure you could break free, if you pulled really hard.  Freeing one arm at a time would let you keep at least one grip on the net around you, preventing a fall, though getting your legs out of their restraints would be dicey.  Still, it doesn't matter what you do if Tooru doesn't get rid of that bomb in her hands; you doubt you could even get both your arms free before it goes off, going on last time.

Quote from: TwinWolf - Automatic
Listen.

((Your next action will be considered to have initiative over the others, time wise, though Mina still spent this turn standing around.))

[Creativity]

The redheaded girl in the wires above shouts at you to climb, but you're distracted momentarily by a much more distant shout.  You can hear Alida, she's saying something about a person being stuck, and making her way over to help.  Then she jumps into the wires overhead--you can tell by how the entire net reverberates with her weight--and starts making her way over to you with remarkable speed.  It's odd that she waited so long, but at least she's coming to help?

The redheaded girl shouts at you again, bringing you out of your thoughts.  She seems rather panicked about something, though you feel rather calm.  You extend your senses around you anyway, and detect nothing dangerous--just the crowd of wire figures.

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2017, 01:53:08 pm »

Ah!  That's the witch!  Hit it!  Hit it!

Panic.  Summon another club for my left hand, and swing it into the mass.  Use the leverage from the hands to pull my legs into kicking it at the same time.  Do so with all the force I can bring to bear, and pull as hard as I can to increase leverage.

(in other words, kick with the feet, and then start whacking with the left hand.)

"The witch, this is the witch!  She was in the other bundle hanging up here!"
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 08:02:38 pm by Devastator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 04, 2017, 08:50:11 am »

"A-Ah! I'm coming!" Mina shouts, getting out of her stupor and rushing to aid Alida. She would try to get off the ground, and go for the mass of wires that was supposed to be the Witch with her halberd if she managed to get close enough.

Can the sixth sense thing determine if it is in fact the witch?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 10:04:18 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #139 on: November 05, 2017, 02:00:20 am »

Tooru doesn't stop to speak; she probably couldn't have if she tried, being mentally occupied by too many things, things which included an increasingly large amount of panic. She waited as long as she could for the girl on the ground to move (who had apparently decided that the best way to respond to a shout to get out of the way was to stand there with a vaguely confused expression), balled up the talisman again, and threw it into the mass of wire below.

Try to blow up the giant tangle of wire below us!
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2017, 01:36:22 pm »

Ah!  That's the witch!  Hit it!  Hit it!

Panic.  Summon another club for my left hand, and swing it into the mass.  Use the leverage from the hands to pull my legs into kicking it at the same time.  Do so with all the force I can bring to bear, and pull as hard as I can to increase leverage.

(in other words, kick with the feet, and then start whacking with the left hand.)

"The witch, this is the witch!  She was in the other bundle hanging up here!"

[Bravery]

You grit your teeth and don't hesitate to fight back, repeatedly smashing a second club into the wire-wrapped arm.  In the back of your mind, you recognize the oddity of suddenly having another weapon, but you don't dwell on it--your attacks still don't seem to be having as much effect as you hoped.  You can hear a low growl of pain, but if anything its grip is getting even stronger, and the numbness is climbing further up your arm.

You pause mid-swing, trying to think of a better tactic.  The solution soon reveals itself, as the creature shows its face.  It isn't feminine, as you expected--it's an adult man, bald and fairly young, though his exact age is hard to tell because all his flesh is grotesquely swollen.  A thick mask of wires entirely covers his nose and mouth, while a haphazard mesh of individual wires stretches across the rest of his features, tightened enough to cut little valleys into his swollen skin.  His eyes are stretched wide, making him appear conscious and horrified, though it's only caused by wires holding his eyelids back... you hope.

He pauses as he meets your gaze, his grip loosening almost imperceptibly--you don't hesitate, immediately grabbing his arm with your spare hand, and pulling back on it as hard as you can, until you're practically standing horizontally with his arm fully extended out of the cocoon.  That done, you pull your legs back for a moment, before stomping them both back down, directly into his face, while trying to rip your right arm out of his grip.  The ploy works, and you fall to the ground, skittering backwards as soon as you can get your limbs under you.  Now that you've escaped his grip, the pain from your arm is back in full force, but you don't waste any time examining the wound.

Once a safe distance away, you turn back to watch the man-thing climb out of its coccon.  He's already half out, now that he isn't fighting with you while escaping, so you get a good look at his body.  Armor of thick wires and cables is wrapped completely around everything except his joints and upper head, giving him a weirdly emaciated and thin look, except for his uncovered joints where the flesh bulges out like red balloons.  Only a few thin wires stretch across those swollen sections, small lines of blood dripping from them.

His movements are jerking and sudden, but still very dextrous and precise, and he's entirely out of the coccoon before you can react.  He stands low on all fours, staring at you with his unblinking gaze, but completely still, apparently waiting for you to make the first move.  You still keep both your clubs protectively in front of you, in case he launches some sudden attack--his movements were very fast, and could easily take you by surprise if you're not careful.

"A-Ah! I'm coming!" Mina shouts, getting out of her stupor and rushing to aid Alida. She would try to get off the ground, and go for the mass of wires that was supposed to be the Witch with her halberd if she managed to get close enough.

Can the sixth sense thing determine if it is in fact the witch?

[Creativity]
[Joy]

Alida's shout reaches you, and snaps you out of your stupor.  You rush through the wire crowd until you reach the wall, where you imitate the manuever you saw Alida make earlier, running up the wall and then leaping further up at an angle.  It's surprisingly easy, and you deftly grab a hanging ribbon and swing yourself up into the net.  Once up, you start making your way back to Alida.

Though... you can already feel her vibrations echoing through the net, making her way towards you.  Hadn't she said before that she would follow you, and then you felt her leap up into it?  You hang your head down to look, and clearly see her standing in front of some sort of gangly wire monster, bleeding profusely from her right arm.   You hurriedly climb back into the net while shouting that you're coming, paying little mind to the vibrations in the net from ahead.

You get a view of it very soon, but rather than yet another wire monster, it looks like... another Alida?  She's clearly panicked as she struggles through the wires, small cuts on her head dying her blond hair red, and sending thin streams of blood down her face.  She shouts at you desperately.

"It, it can copy us!  It made a copy of me, and, and a big wire thing, and they're coming!  We need to go to those girls, before it separ-!"

You hear a loud explosion detonate somewhere behind you, and Alida looks at it with an expression of pure horror, stopping mid-sentence.  Then someone starts screaming, loudly, from that direction.

Tooru doesn't stop to speak; she probably couldn't have if she tried, being mentally occupied by too many things, things which included an increasingly large amount of panic. She waited as long as she could for the girl on the ground to move (who had apparently decided that the best way to respond to a shout to get out of the way was to stand there with a vaguely confused expression), balled up the talisman again, and threw it into the mass of wire below.

Try to blow up the giant tangle of wire below us!

You keep waiting, hoping the girl will actually move, and then she actually does!  She rushes quickly through the crowd of wire figures, seemingly ignored by them, before running up the wall and jumping into the net somewhere out of your view.  Relieved that she's finally out of the blast radius, you throw your talisman into the crowd below...

[Joy]

The blast is extremely powerful, instantly clearing the street, and sending powerful shockwaves into the net.  You're thrown off your wire by the force, and are too stunned to catch yourself.  On your way back down, you catch a wire with your forehead and are sent into a disorienting spin--you entirely lose track of the ground until you hit it, landing heavily on your right shoulder.

[Mercy]

For a moment, you just lay there in a heap, too confused and disoriented to understand what just happened.  Then you try to roll over onto your back, and a searing pain explodes from your right side.  It's far, far worse than anything you've ever experienced before, and you can't help but roll around screaming while blindly clutching at your arm.

Quote from: Nakéen (Automatic)
Observe Tooru

Tooru's attack affects you too, sending you swinging about, but the wires tied around your limbs keep you from falling.  Tooru isn't so lucky, and you wince as she falls, catching a wire with her face, and then tumbling down to the ground and shattering a shoulder.  Worse, though the section she landed on was cleared of wires by the blast, the crowd further down the road is not so safe.  There's a long pile of the tangled figures that were thrown back by the blast, and behind that, the still-intact figures are now standing completely still, all clearly focused on Tooru's writhing form.

As you watch, some of the destroyed figures unravel, their wires slithering towards Tooru like a thousand tiny snakes.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 06, 2017, 01:50:14 pm »

That was close!  Whew.

...I don't know what's going on.

I need to fight smart about this..  It started when I smashed the machines..  It might be controlled by the wires..  I should smash the next machine.

Keep watching the bizarre wire-bound man.  Circle around until I'm between it and the humming machine.  Then leap behind said machine and smash it.  Try to use the strange senses to tell if that wire-bound man is the witch or the witch is somewhere else.  If engaging the wire-bound thing, go for the joints, they look more vulnerable.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 11:08:32 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2017, 01:25:15 pm »

Huh.  Lesson learned, if you break some little girl's arm, everyone will run away.  Except Dev, who's perfectly fine with it?

Ah well, 'least Dev's seperate from everyone else, and doesn't need to wait on them.

That was close!  Whew.

...I don't know what's going on.

I need to fight smart about this..  It started when I smashed the machines..  It might be controlled by the wires..  I should smash the next machine.

Keep watching the bizarre wire-bound man.  Circle around until I'm between it and the humming machine.  Then leap behind said machine and smash it.  Try to use the strange senses to tell if that wire-bound man is the witch or the witch is somewhere else.  If engaging the wire-bound thing, go for the joints, they look more vulnerable.

You start circling around to your right, edging a little closer to the ring of machines which is now about equidistant between you and the monster.  When you move, he mimics you precisely, stepping to his left and a little further forward.  You stop, and he freezes, just crouching there while staring at you with his wide eyes.  After a couple seconds, you experimentally take another step, and again, he advances forward, stopping when you do.  At this rate, you're not going to be able to reach the machines before he can, let alone the humming one on the other side.  At least he seems content to let you have the first move?

[Creativity]

Since he's acting a lot more passive now, you decide to take your time and examine him with your emotion sense.  Just as before, the air around you feels heavy with misery, but it feels so much stronger here than it did in the outskirts; you choke a little when you realize just how thick it is.  Searching for the witch in this gunk feels like trying to determine the current when at the bottom of the ocean, but you still try.  After a few seconds of concentration, you think you can make out something of an flow in the misery, and it does seem to be coming from the wire-bound man in front of you... but it's hard to really "see" him like this, through all the miasma between you two, and you aren't sure if he's the source, or if it's something behind him.

You blink a few times, trying to clear your head and focus on your mundane senses.  You think he crept a little closer while you were distracted, and instinctually take a step back.  He copies you, carefully stepping forward once.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2017, 01:26:48 pm »

((I was waiting to see what Nakeen did, personally.))
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2017, 03:10:40 pm »

((Like Murdoc I was basically waiting to see what the others do. Which evidently was, "wait to see what the others do". To avoid infinite recursion of this I'll act when I can think of something :P ))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2017, 03:20:51 pm »

Okay.. it moves when I move.  But there's two ways.  Maybe only when I'm on the ground.  Maybe not.

That said, there's one thing.. it doesn't matter how strong you are, once you're off the ground you have no leverage.. can't change direction without pushing off something.

Throw one of my clubs towards the machine, and try to break it.  Then try to step forward and leap over the wire-man.  If he leaps back, try to club him or kick him and propel myself towards the ground.  Once there, run to where he's going to land and try to kick or bash him across the room, into something that looks hard.

(If you make Alida do all the fighting, I think she's going to want the seed..)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 11:06:08 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 08, 2017, 04:45:53 pm »

((Huh, okay then.  I suggest you make actions based off how you think your characters would react more immediately; if people do things that require cooperation, I'll generally interpret actions favorably and assume you let them.  Also, this is more just personal taste, but I think the story of the game feels more genuine when characters behave in a relatively impulsive fashion.  IC, it's not like any of you are actually getting more than a few seconds to think.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 08, 2017, 10:29:13 pm »

Mina, seeing the girl and the wire figures approaching that other girl, almost just dashes off - but she realizes she's just been dashing back and forth and back, and not actually doing anything! She sends out her senses, trying to use them to ascertain... she doesn't even know. The source of those wire things to try to help that girl? The Witch, since if that dies they're all done? Anything to give her some direction, although ideally aiming to actually help the girl rather than just leave her running between the two.
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #148 on: November 09, 2017, 04:50:08 am »

Tooru screamed and clutched at her arm. The part of her mind not blanked out by pain regretted not trying to play around with her powers to figure out what they actually did before hand. Mostly though, Tooru simply wished really hard that the pain would go away.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2017, 06:30:42 pm »

((Well crap, I'm really sorry for my absence of actions for the past turns. I was badly sick the past week and this week included, and just recovered. I should have showed up to at least tell you about that, sorry again!))

Asha's mind had been strangely away since she got freed from the wires. She suddenly returned to her senses, confused and in a panic.

"I- I... What happened?..."

She realized there was no longer only Tooru around. And that Tooru was actually screaming in pain, clutching at her arm.
"Tooru! I- I'm sorry! I don't know what happened to me, I -"

Asha breathed in to regain her composure. Her powers, she had to use her powers.

Grab Tooru's arm, and use Soothe to heal her broken arm.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 84