Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 138713 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #150 on: November 10, 2017, 03:47:54 pm »

Okay.. it moves when I move.  But there's two ways.  Maybe only when I'm on the ground.  Maybe not.

That said, there's one thing.. it doesn't matter how strong you are, once you're off the ground you have no leverage.. can't change direction without pushing off something.

Throw one of my clubs towards the machine, and try to break it.  Then try to step forward and leap over the wire-man.  If he leaps back, try to club him or kick him and propel myself towards the ground.  Once there, run to where he's going to land and try to kick or bash him across the room, into something that looks hard.

(If you make Alida do all the fighting, I think she's going to want the seed..)

You throw your club at the single active machine, but the wire monster easily snatches the weapon out of the air, without even looking.  He stares at you as he crushes it in his hand, but you aren't intimidated; you're fast, and if it only moves in reaction, then you can definitely beat it--you just have to be clever.  You leap forward without hesitation, and he leaps to meet you, swiping one arm forward at your head.

You grab his swollen wrist midair, yanking it up and away from your head, while simultaneously pulling yourself underneath his body.  Then you deliver a violent kick to his underside with both legs, using your entire body to launch him upward and you downward.  You have to spin around midair before you slam into the stone below, but you recover from the rough landing almost instantly, readying yourself to hit him on his way back down.  Only... he doesn't come back down?  You look up in confusion.

He's hanging upside-down about twenty feet above you, clinging to one of the few wires that hang in this room.  He's still staring at you, though the calm facade is ruined when he gives a few violent full-body coughs.  You seem to have hurt him somewhat, but not as much as you hoped to... with his long reach, he can probably catch himself no matter which direction you throw him, and apparently those thin wires are somehow strong enough to actually support his extreme body weight.

The monster's coughs worsen, now sounding very pained, and he starts writhing in clear agony, breaking eye contact for the first time.  Small lengths of wire unwind from his arms and torso, waving serenely in the air like underwater plants--until they contact the ribbons hanging near him, which they roughly grab and tear to pieces.

Mina, seeing the girl and the wire figures approaching that other girl, almost just dashes off - but she realizes she's just been dashing back and forth and back, and not actually doing anything! She sends out her senses, trying to use them to ascertain... she doesn't even know. The source of those wire things to try to help that girl? The Witch, since if that dies they're all done? Anything to give her some direction, although ideally aiming to actually help the girl rather than just leave her running between the two.

[Creativity]
[Innocence]

You extend your senses out, falling back on the only skill you really understand, but it just ends up confusing you even more.  You can sense the girl tied up somewhere behind you, and hear someone else screaming, you can just barely hear Alida fighting somewhere ahead, but there's also a second Alida here in front of you, yelling about clones and trickery and monsters and you can feel more monsters in the wires somewhere above and--you shut your eyes and clap your hands over your ears, trying to block out the sensory overload.  You calm down a little, but still feel lost until Alida resumes talking.

"I'll go help her, you try and stop the living wires before they grab us!"

After giving that simple order, she rushes off, towards the screaming.  Now that you have a definite goal in your mind, it's much easier to concentrate and find a solution.  You have to stop the living wires below you.  Maybe you can drop something on them?  You look around, examining your options.  There's those window-stores that are selling hardware, but if you steal from them you might get grabbed.  There's festive ribbons and lanterns hung from the wire net around you, but they don't have any weight.  Finally, there's the wires you're nestled among, which you could cut free from the walls with your halberd.  That might work!

[Joy]

You nimbly clamber over to the nearest wall, and brace yourself before lifting the halberd with one hand and bringing it down on top of two wires that are attached to the wall.  They cut away easily, falling down into the crowd below, and you continue, backing towards the open area as you cut more and more wires free.  After you've cut twelve, you pause to look down and check the results... meeting the empty gazes of an entire crowd of wire figures, all looking up at you.  A few of them were hit and crushed by the heavier wires you cut, and they slither around on the ground blindly, but most seem completely unaffected...

((Well crap, I'm really sorry for my absence of actions for the past turns. I was badly sick the past week and this week included, and just recovered. I should have showed up to at least tell you about that, sorry again!))

Asha's mind had been strangely away since she got freed from the wires. She suddenly returned to her senses, confused and in a panic.

"I- I... What happened?..."

She realized there was no longer only Tooru around. And that Tooru was actually screaming in pain, clutching at her arm.
"Tooru! I- I'm sorry! I don't know what happened to me, I -"

Asha breathed in to regain her composure. Her powers, she had to use her powers.

Grab Tooru's arm, and use Soothe to heal her broken arm.

((No worries, sickness can't be avoided, and I can definitely understand feeling too bad to post about it.  Hope you feel better!))

[Bravery]

You finally manage to tear yourself free of the wires restraining you, and drop down near Tooru.  You rush over to the screaming girl's side while apologizing, and then freeze when you realize that you have no idea how to help her.  She looks up at you with an expression full of pain and fear, clearly begging you to help, and you just blindly do the first thing that comes to mind--grabbing her arm and trying to feel what's wrong.

Tooru immediately screams even louder, wincing away from you, but you grit your teeth and don't let go.  You're sure that you can help somehow, you just need to figure out how.  You close your eyes and dig your fingers into her shoulder, feeling the broken and cracked bone beneath the flesh.  Then you focus your magic on the damage, while trying to ignore Tooru's wailing.  It's not all the dissimilar from when you've summoned ribbons before, just there you're forming your magic into a solid shape which doesn't exist yet, while here, you're just forming it into the shape of her bones.  The magic almost shapes itself for you, and in only a couple of seconds you can't feel any more damage.

You open your eyes.  Tooru has stopped screaming and is staring up at you with an expression of bafflement, and maybe a bit of betrayal beneath that.  You offer a wary smile, and are about to say something when Tooru is roughly dragged away from you by some blond girl who you've never seen before.

"I'll get her to safety, you stop the wires!"

The blond girl then leaps up into the wires above, with Tooru slung over her shoulder.  You look back for a moment, and see that the tide of living wires is just about to reach you.

Tooru screamed and clutched at her arm. The part of her mind not blanked out by pain regretted not trying to play around with her powers to figure out what they actually did before hand. Mostly though, Tooru simply wished really hard that the pain would go away.

[Mercy]

You curl up and grab at your arm, the motion only aggravating your injury.  You try and will the pain away, or at least quiet down, but it's impossible--every little motion sends a new lance of agony through your shoulder, which you can't help but wince away from, which then causes more pain!  You end up rolling around in a blind haze of agony, up until Asha appears above you, her face reflecting your own fear and confusion.  For a single short moment, you feel better, thinking she'll somehow be able to help--but that hope is dashed when she sadistically digs her fingers into your arm, sending you into a whole new level of torment.

You try and get away, or push her off, but Asha's grip is iron, and you can't really manage any coordination like this.  However, slowly--so agonizingly slowly--the pain starts to ebb away.  Eventually it appears entirely, and you look up at Asha, whose eyes are closed in intense concentration.  You move your arm slightly, amazed that there's no trace of the pain left, at all.  Asha opens her eyes, giving a worried smile, but before you can say anything you're lifted up into the air by your collar.

"I'll get her to safety, you stop the wires!"

Some blond girl just grabs you, and throws you onto her shoulder, knocking the wind out of you in the process.  She jumps up into the wires above before you can react, and starts climbing directly up, one arm securely wrapped around your torso.

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 10, 2017, 09:42:33 pm »

Asha faced the crowd.
Ah... Thank god, she will be safe.

All her worries were now ahead of her, and she had to take care of them. She focused on the shape of a long ribbon, imagining one in each of her hands. Once she had managed to summon her totem, she lashed them with force like whips toward the incoming crowd of wires.

She had an idea in mind to take advantage of her seemingly harmless weapon and the binding properties of the wires. Once both ribbons got stuck, she smashed them together so that each entangled wires would form a bigger mass of wires.

The idea was to create an evergrowing makeshift flail of pain, and use it to smash the crowd apart.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2017, 02:28:42 pm »

Tooru just sort of squeaked and gasped as she tried to regain her breath, straining slightly against the other girl's grasp. She appreciated the rescue, but she could climb just fine now. Or, well, she would be able to, if her rescuer hadn't knocked the wind out of her. Eventually, she managed to gasp out a response. "You can put me down now. . . I need to get back and help Asha."

Try to get my rescuer to set me down.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2017, 03:14:46 pm »

Uhhhh
Crap.

Mina restrained her panic as her plan had little to no effect, with some success - she had to focus. She had other powers, that she hadn't tapped yet, right? Maybe it was time to try one out?

Maybe... she had to keep them off of the others, right? She thought she had a way to do that. She could... she could make a copy of herself, yes! She did just that, making a copy of herself as best she could in roughly the same position as herself. She tried to have it run off in the other way as her and generally make itself a distracting target to the crowd, while trying to make her own way over to the others. 
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2017, 03:49:19 pm »

This is fun.  I could get used to this.

Move towards the running machine and break it.  Keep my face towards the wire-man.  If it leaps towards me or comes at me, change directions and slide below it, aiming for a blow to the exposed joints.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2017, 06:45:43 am »

Asha faced the crowd.
Ah... Thank god, she will be safe.

All her worries were now ahead of her, and she had to take care of them. She focused on the shape of a long ribbon, imagining one in each of her hands. Once she had managed to summon her totem, she lashed them with force like whips toward the incoming crowd of wires.

She had an idea in mind to take advantage of her seemingly harmless weapon and the binding properties of the wires. Once both ribbons got stuck, she smashed them together so that each entangled wires would form a bigger mass of wires.

The idea was to create an evergrowing makeshift flail of pain, and use it to smash the crowd apart.

[Bravery]

Your magic flows more easily now that you know Tooru will be safe, and you form it into a matching pair of ribbons almost without effort.  Now armed and ready, you face the oncoming mass of living wires and ready yourself.  You don't strike until they've nearly reached you, placing most of the swarm well within range of your ribbons.  Your ribbons don't work well as striking weapons, but they perform excellently here, sweeping up most of the wires on your first wide swipe, and then promptly attaching to each other when they meet in front of you.

Now armed with a more weighty flail, you step forward and swing it in wide arcs, catching more and more of the wires in the rapidly-growing mess with each attack.  Most of the caught wires immediately tighten down on the weapon upon being struck, but some do start crawling up it, towards your hands--you still have time to continue though, so you keep moving forward, taking your attack to the still-intact figures further down the road.  They don't even react, placidly staring at you as you smash into their ranks, and then readily attaching themselves to your flail when they're crushed by it.

A couple wires reach your hands and begin to wrap around them, but you quickly throw the dangerous mass away, sending it flying into one of the hardware shops set into the wall.  Then you jump away from the surviving portions of the crowd, watching and waiting for them to attack.  They don't, most just staring at you with their empty gazes, though a few are looking up, tracking something that's moving through the wires above.

A moment later, their target drops down in front of you, revealing itself to be the green-haired young girl from earlier.  She's facing away, waving her arms around at the wire crowd, apparently trying to get their attention.  She looks back at you for a moment, only to make a hurried shooing motion and a quick gesture towards the wires above, before returning to her antics.

You look up, and see a second version of her hidden among a section of wires that's particularly thick with ribbons, watching you carefully.

Tooru just sort of squeaked and gasped as she tried to regain her breath, straining slightly against the other girl's grasp. She appreciated the rescue, but she could climb just fine now. Or, well, she would be able to, if her rescuer hadn't knocked the wind out of her. Eventually, she managed to gasp out a response. "You can put me down now. . . I need to get back and help Asha."

Try to get my rescuer to set me down.

[Love]

You talk to your overzealous savior as she rapidly climbs higher through the wires, trying to make her realize that you're already safe.  The blond girl doesn't slow down in the slightest, nor does she respond.  You start to struggle against her strong grip, but she just tightens it, making it hard to breath.  At least she finally responds, talking as if you were just a petulant child.

"Stop fighting!  I'm trying to help you, those girls will just destroy you, they're dangerous.  You're safer with me!"

Her words fail to comfort you, especially since you're already so high up that you can't see Asha below you anymore.  How is this girl climbing up so fast?

Uhhhh
Crap.

Mina restrained her panic as her plan had little to no effect, with some success - she had to focus. She had other powers, that she hadn't tapped yet, right? Maybe it was time to try one out?

Maybe... she had to keep them off of the others, right? She thought she had a way to do that. She could... she could make a copy of herself, yes! She did just that, making a copy of herself as best she could in roughly the same position as herself. She tried to have it run off in the other way as her and generally make itself a distracting target to the crowd, while trying to make her own way over to the others.

You turn your senses inward, examining your own form, and the halberd that you created almost unconsciously.  You're struck by just how similar both look in terms of makeup; both you and your weapon are constructs of magic, your body clearly far more complex, and the flesh and blood physically far different from the halberd's metal, but it's still the same basic stuff when you look closely.  The thought occurs to you; if you created your halberd through magic, why can't you create a second version of yourself by the same power?

You close your eyes and concentrate, trying to extend your magic out and shape it.  Your progress is slow, especially since you don't really remember creating your halberd and have to intuitively guess your way through... but at the same time, this just feels natural, like you were born to do it.  Soon, the shape of a girl takes form in front of you, and you carefully sculpt the magic forming her to look as similar to your own as you can.  She still looks rough to your magical sight, but when you open your eyes it's like looking into a mirror!  You smile, amazed at what you just accomplished with barely any effort, and she smiles back.

[Joy]

You can't really pause to admire your handiwork though, not while people are fighting--you can hear the ashen-haired girl attacking the wires, some distance away.  You climb higher into the wires, carefully picking your way back in her direction, while sending your illusion to keep pace below you--though really it's more like you're constantly rebuilding her in a way that just looks like movement, as if you were drawing every frame of an animation.  It's surprisingly easy, considering your experience, but still distracting enough to reduce your pace to a crawl.

The girl has already finished her fight by the time you get near, though you still drop the illusion down in front of her, hoping that any surprise attack gets directed at it instead.  You watch carefully from a nest of thick ribbons, making sure that all the wire figures' attention is on your illusion, and not you, then you have it make a small gesture to direct the girl's attention upward.  She catches on, and looks up, spotting you quickly.

This is fun.  I could get used to this.

Move towards the running machine and break it.  Keep my face towards the wire-man.  If it leaps towards me or comes at me, change directions and slide below it, aiming for a blow to the exposed joints.

[Bravery]

You don't wait for the monster to finish whatever it's doing, and rush to the single active machine.  You end your charge by jumping and bringing your club down onto it, hard... but you never connect.  At the apex of your jump, the monster's arm slams into your side, sending you flying off course and away from the machine.  You land heavily, rolling across the stone ground several times before you regain your bearings.  You barely looked away for a second to aim your jump, but it still managed to take advantage...

[Mercy]

You get up into a low crouch, grasping at your wounded side with one arm while you watch the monster, readying yourself for its next attack.  It doesn't move, returning to its favoured strategy of sitting and waiting while watching you.  Less fortunately, your ribs are in agony, and when you look down at them, you see that your entire side is painted red with fresh blood.  Belatedly, you realize the arm you grabbed your side with is already covered with blood.  You look away before inspecting the wound, focusing your entire will on the monster that's still staring at you with that look of faux-horror.

You're in pain, a lot of pain now, but you know that you can't focus on it.  You remember your dad telling you a story a long time ago, about how he won brawls in his youth--he said that he was often the worse fighter, but that he never let himself believe that he lost, never let himself focus on the pain, just on the fight.  That had always let him pull through and win, because no matter how bad he was hurt, he could always come back and hurt his opponent worse.  That's how you need to win this fight, you're sure.  You might be hurting worse than that thing, but that doesn't mean you've lost--Dad always said that you've only lost once you've decided that you've lost, and never any earlier.

((I was gonna put a spoiler here talking about some soul mechanics that I feel should be explained... but I'm just way too exhausted.  Expect something tomorrow, after I've gotten some sleep.))

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2017, 04:11:36 pm »

"Eh? Who is this girl?..."

Ally or foe? Her intuition was telling her this girl was probably an ally, but she couldn't be sure. Was she with the blond-haired girl that took Tooru to safety?

Asha looked for a way up, aiming to get to the girl.

If she managed to get there, she would ask:
"Who are you? Are you with that girl with blond hair?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2017, 10:32:57 pm »

((I'm just gonna give you that one, Nak.  Asha gets up to Mina safe and sound, though she finds it way more awkward to manuever up there, and feels like she'll fall if she tries anything fancy.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2017, 11:29:02 pm »

Hmm. And Inner Monster is Massive cost, of course. I'm really going to cut this close, if I survive at all.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 13, 2017, 04:35:25 pm »

"H--Help!"

I'll need a new trick this time.  It caught my club last time.. lets see if it keeps doing that.

Throw a club at it, and start moving towards the monster, summoning a new club to throw at it again.  Get it to grab the clubs twice over, hopefully keeping it's hands busy, and summon a third club to hit it.  Try to aim for one of the swollen joints.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 13, 2017, 06:03:00 pm »

((Interesting, yet expected mechanics. Asha may be closer to the edge than I thought!))

Having arrived to Mina's height, Asha asked her:
"Who are you? Are you with that girl with the blond hair?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 13, 2017, 06:49:22 pm »

((Interesting, yet expected mechanics. Asha may be closer to the edge than I thought!))

Having arrived to Mina's height, Asha asked her:
"Who are you? Are you with that girl with the blond hair?"
Mina nods vigorously, as her clone continues trying to run a distraction. "Yep! I'm a magical girl too! Oh, and you should watch out - the Witch can make copies of us, we think.

...Not like that one. I made that one."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 13, 2017, 06:55:26 pm »

Bodies. Are disposable. Do not trust a friend's body, only her soul. A battle can be few souls, but many bodies. The body that holds your soul is not different from the others, it too is disposable. Bodies are disposable, and can be made easily, but do not waste them casually. Every action. Has a price. Pray that you earn enough to survive your actions.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #163 on: November 13, 2017, 08:18:55 pm »

Tooru started to struggle in earnest against the girl's grip. "No, really, let me go! She's my friend, I don't care if it's safer or not!" There was clearly something seriously wrong here. "Put me down or I'll fight you for real!" The quaver in her voice betrayed the fear her words didn't indicate. Not that what she did next didn't do so much more. "ASHA! HELP!" Tooru shouted down toward Asha as loud as she could, and started to prepare another set of three talismans.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 13, 2017, 09:20:07 pm »

Mina nods vigorously, as her clone continues trying to run a distraction. "Yep! I'm a magical girl too! Oh, and you should watch out - the Witch can make copies of us, we think.

...Not like that one. I made that one."
"I'm a magical girl too... but what about that blond-"

[GM input required] If Asha is "close" enough to pick up Tooru's voice, she turns toward the source of the voice with her heartbeat suddenly accelerating.

She then attempts to rush for the place, not before telling to Mina that her friend needs help.

If not, she continues her sentence.
"What about that blond girl that took my friend to safety? Is she with you?"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 84