Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 138761 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #270 on: January 28, 2018, 07:37:57 pm »

Asha looked toward Tooru, surprised. Being acknowledged actually made her feel like smiling, but her low self-esteem also caused her to internally reject this feeling.

She softly muttered:
"Thanks Tooru..."

In the end, she managed not to apologize once more, albeit barely.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 28, 2018, 07:57:36 pm »

Alida looks at Asha, and sees how much duller her soul gem is after the healing.  "Asha, you shouldn't do that for me next time.  Wounds.. they don't hurt like they used to.  You could have just wrapped them, and I'd have healed up normally."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 28, 2018, 08:33:48 pm »

Stabbed in her self-esteem, Asha could only apologize.
"Sorry... I couldn't help it, seeing your wounds."

Speaking of... the vision of Alida's soul wounds were still vivid in her mind. With a sudden turn of tone, she asked worriedly and definitely with a more audible voice:
"Is your shoe feeling alright? Are you feeling alright? Does it still hurt? Do you feel anything out of the usual?"

I will talk about what I saw later thought Asha.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 29, 2018, 02:53:38 am »

"No.. I feel fine.  Better than fine, really.  Good as new."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 29, 2018, 08:31:27 am »

((Paris?  I remember you!  You compared me to a sociopath, way back when. :D
The ward spot prolly won't stay filled for too long, but 'cha never know.))

Alida looks at her now-intact arms.

"Really weak?  That kinda hurt.  Or felt strangely numb.."

"..Who goes first?  And do we have to do it now?"

"Nope!  She isn't dead, so you should definitely use it before too long, but witches here take a long time to gather enough magic to manifest again.  Just be careful to keep her away from misery!"

"Weak? But we almost died, and it kept making those weird copies of us. . ." Tooru flinched a bit at 'explosion-person.' Yeah, blew herself up, and blew Asha up, and almost blew the other two up. She was doing her best not to break down right there. And Pumsy was being so mean, still, and she didn't know why that reek of despair had been coming from him but it also made her want to cry and. . .

Not now, at least. "I'm Tooru. I think Asha should take it, she had to bring me back after all. . ."

"Huh, really?  That's weird.  Most witches are stronger than her, so if you nearly died even with four of you fighting... maybe you need more help?  I'unno, maybe she was just unusual!  Sometimes girls have a lot of trouble with witches that should be easy, or they easily defeat witches who they shouldn't have any chance against.  I don't know what happened in her labyrinth, so I can't know why you had trouble."

Pumsy sits and waits for a little while longer as the girls continue to talk among themselves.  Eventually he seems to decide that nobody else is going to ask anything, and walks over to Mina and starts rubbing against her legs affectionately, like a housecat.  She looks down at him, and then suddenly remembers the time--back when she left in the evening, she'd left a note saying she went out for a walk, but it's clearly very late at night, and she still hasn't even gotten the blood out of her clothes!

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 29, 2018, 08:35:15 am »

"I suppose we should use it now, then, if only to see if she's worth more than one use.  You'd better go first, Asha."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 29, 2018, 08:48:33 am »

"I-I got to go home... my dad will be angry if he's back..." Mina said apologetically. "Pumsy, do you have a way to get the blood out? Like, magically or something? I-If not I can just try to wash it out in a pond in the park or something..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 29, 2018, 02:20:11 pm »

"Wait a second, if healing made me all clean again, you could just clean up Mina there magically, and then recharge your gem on that grief seed."

"Or maybe you could just do it on your own, like Pumsy says."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 02:35:44 pm by Devastator »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 29, 2018, 11:44:37 pm »

"Eh? I... guess I could do the same thing I did earlier? It shouldn't be too taxing... I think."

Soothe the clothes?

Afterward, Asha attempted to consume her gem with the grief seed.

As it was her first time doing this Magical Girl stuff, she had no clear idea of what to do. Maybe simply making her gem touch the seed would do something?

(...)

After the deed was done and the situation seemed a bit more settled, Asha turned toward Pumsy:
"Once we have left this place you won't disappear again Pumsy, right? I... still have some things I want to ask you."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 29, 2018, 11:59:07 pm »

((There's also Regeneration..))

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #281 on: January 30, 2018, 12:13:23 am »

"No, you didn't say anything wrong, I just, um. . . It's nothing, I remembered something." Tooru forced her face into something approximating a smile. "At least I think we used up our bad luck, right? . . . We are going to keep working together, right? It seems like a good idea." At least, that's what she told herself. A part of her was fairly certain she was dragging them down, but she was doing her best to force the superficial smile down deeper so it wasn't so false. After all, being sad wasn't going to help anything.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 30, 2018, 01:59:48 pm »

"Eh? I... guess I could do the same thing I did earlier? It shouldn't be too taxing... I think."

Soothe the clothes?

Afterward, Asha attempted to consume her gem with the grief seed.

As it was her first time doing this Magical Girl stuff, she had no clear idea of what to do. Maybe simply making her gem touch the seed would do something?

(...)

After the deed was done and the situation seemed a bit more settled, Asha turned toward Pumsy:
"Once we have left this place you won't disappear again Pumsy, right? I... still have some things I want to ask you."

You hesitate a little before walking over to Mina and putting your hands on your shoulders, focusing on her in a similar fashion to how you healed Tooru and Alida, just focused on her outfit rather than her.  Nothing happens, except for Mina giving you a quizzical look.  Confused, you try again, this time trying to directly recall the sensation of Alida's soul unfolding in front of you, and it works--Mina's entire soul is suddenly visible, just as the others were before.

She looks different like this, though.  First, as expected, there's no real damage, just a few loose strands that are out of place, and the ever-present knots that you can't unravel.  More interestingly, though, there's a subtle difference to how she's woven compared to Alida, like a different style of construction; her design seems almost a little frayed, similar to how wounds look, but across everything, everywhere in her form.  Come to think of it, Alida and Tooru were also different as well.  Alida had a thicker weave, tight and strong, while Tooru had been almost ethereally loose, moreso than either of the others.

You stop examining the girl, and start working, careful to weave her back together properly, without ruining the careful fraying that seems to be intentional.  It barely takes an instant, and you feel almost guilty for not being able to do more than a slight touch-up, but that's all you can do.  The knots bug you on some level, they're clearly mistakes, wounds of a different kind, but they're beyond your powers to heal.

You let go of the magic, and Mina returns to normal, looking identical except for being clean now.  You sigh and look down at your gem, somewhat tired; there's now loose spots of shadows crawling across its surface, eating away at the edges of the glowing blue.  You pick up the tiara, and are immediately struck by how similar it looks--patches of untarnished silver, surrounded by blackened, dead metal.  The piece of jewelery looks downright disgusting, a corrupted thing, and it's somewhat hard to believe it could actually help you.  Still, it's your only option, you just have to trust Pumsy.

You press the tiara against your soul gem, and a sensation of absolute bliss flows through you

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You open your eyes and take a deep breath, stunned by the sudden end to the dreamlike memories.  You're laying in the ruined hardware store again, which now seems so much more black and colorless than it had earlier.  Everything looks so dull, you feel dull, empty.  The other girls are staring at you, but their expressions all look blank and bored, emotionless.  It feels like all life was drained out of the world while you were lost in that blissful dream.

Quote from: Twinwolf (Automatic)
Watch self be healed

After Alida suggests that Asha use her magic to clean your clothes, the ashen-haired girl cautiously approaches you and grabs your shoulders delicately.  She pauses, staring at your forehead, but you don't sense any magic.  You give her a questioning look, debating whether to suggest that her spell won't work--then a pulse of magic travels through her, and destroys you.  You try and shout, or pull yourself away, but you can't speak, or move, even though your senses still function.  Your body is gone, and in its place is a hazy fog of nausea and vertigo, an unpleasant sensation of sickness that you can feel burning through every fiber of your being.

The sensation ends as suddenly as it began, and Asha is already stepping away.  You shiver and retreat away from her unconsciously, magically scanning your entire body; everything seems normal again, just as it should be, and the blood is gone from your clothes, but those few moments were just horribly unpleasant for you.  The spell looked no different from when it was cast on Tooru and Alida, but they hadn't said anything about it feeling so bad.  Did Asha screw something up this time?  You shiver again, recalling the disgusting sensations.

Your attention snaps back to reality when Asha collapses, and you look up to see her laying against one of the shelves, a lazy smile painted across her face, her eyes emptily staring upward.  The tarnished tiara hangs from her soul gem, slowly blackening and withering away into a thin black smoke.  Tooru rushes to the fallen girl's side, but seems hesitant to touch her, seemingly worried that interfering will make things worse, but Pumsy--still rubbing against your legs--is just ignoring that process.  You watch with the other girls as the tiara gradually disappears into the ether, Asha's soul gem slowly getting brighter during the process, until the tiara is entirely gone.  A few seconds pass, and then Asha bolts upright, gasping loudly and blinking rapidly while looking around at your worried faces.  Eventually recognition fills her eyes, and she frowns.

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #283 on: February 01, 2018, 01:54:13 am »

"Asha, are you okay? You kinda passed out for a second there, though I guess whatever just happened helped." Wasn't that even brighter than the gem had started? Maybe it was just the dim lighting, but she could have sworn that it had been a little darker before. "Do you feel stronger or anything?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 01, 2018, 03:10:21 am »

Tooru's voice felt so distant, as if Asha was at the bottom of a lake. Slowly, the reverie faded as the girl's voice brought her back to her sense. The faces, the voices, the feelings from that strange and blissful dream were still so vivid.

These memories... Whose?...

Somehow, Asha was reminded of how bleak reality was. The same feeling she had everytime she woke up in the morning, this oppressing feeling of bleakness. Close to despair, but not quite. Not crushing enough, but with a similar presence.

She remained silent a few second, probing her body and her surroundings methodically. Eventually, she answered to Tooru. Her voice was noticeably colder than earlier, the same way it was the first time the two girls met.
"I feel... better. I guess."

Asha stared at the tiara, lost in her thoughts. Still looking at the now tarnished jewel, she muttered:
"A grief seed is the soul gem of a Magical Girl who has fallen to despair, after she has lost all hope..."

Ah. So that's it...

Everything felt so dull that Asha was unusually calm.
"Who was that Witch, Pumsy?"
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 84