Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 138716 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #1020 on: July 06, 2019, 09:44:45 am »

Those horse familiars reminded me...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMNQgIzqEWU
From 1:20.
EDIT: amazing comment: "Hey, president, don't chase after money, say all like it is, without lies."
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 09:47:07 am by MCreeper »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 06, 2019, 08:09:09 pm »

Those horse familiars reminded me...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMNQgIzqEWU
From 1:20.
EDIT: amazing comment: "Hey, president, don't chase after money, say all like it is, without lies."
I saw a new post and thought syvarris had posted the next update...
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 06, 2019, 08:53:09 pm »

You should know better than to except that~
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 06, 2019, 11:25:15 pm »

@MCreeper

Well, that's certainly witchy.  I should do something with paintings.  Maybe in a couple years I'll get through the witch backlog.

@Randomgenericusername

Yeah, you have too much faith in me.  The entire last page is bumps from other people...  ugh.  Next update on the 9th, and if I don't have the memory finished by then I'll just skip it or something.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: July 10, 2019, 05:57:05 am »

Tooru nodded hesitantly. "I promise I'll do better with it." She brought the Seed to her own gem, hoping that it would be enough for Alida once she was finished.

You hold the corroded brooch up in front of you for a few seconds, admiring the craftsmanship that its shape implies.  It's horribly corroded now, only a slight gleam visible on the front edge, but the wing must have been a beautiful piece of artwork, once.  You wonder what will happen when you use it.  Back when Asha used the last soul gem, she had seemed to just pass out with a stupid smile for a few seconds.  You sit down, not wanting to fall over if you pass out too, and hold up your soul gem next to the seed.  A deep breath, then you softly press the two together, and pure joy flows into your soul

Spoiler: Warning: ~3k words (click to show/hide)

You wake up slowly.  You feel like you've slept for days, perfectly rested and full of energy, but still just a little groggy.  All your wounds and pains are gone, too.  You blink and sit up, looking at the other girls around you--they're all dirty, wet, and tired.  The drab concrete trench you're all standing in, with murky water slowly flowing along the bottom.  You feel like you've woken up from a beautiful dream, into a different dream, one with all the wonder sucked out of it.  You look down into your lap, at your brilliantly shining soul gem, and the grief seed... Lucy's grief seed?  Her soul gem...?  It's smaller now, half of it seems to have broken off and disappeared while you dreamt, and the last remainder has no shine left, but you're pretty sure it's the same metal as the brooch you grabbed at the end--that Lucy grabbed at the end, it's confusing.  You feel like all that happened to you...

Alida clears her throat, and you look up at her.  She seems exhausted, but expectant.

@KingMurdoc, if you're still interested in the game, Tooru gets +1 levels to put in ANY Equanimity or Joy powers, and +1 level to put in any Joy power.  Yes, any; Lucy had levels in every Joy power.  You'll get an additional three Eq/Joy levels later, standard for surviving a labyrinth.  Yay.

((Next update... I dunno, I'll go with Monday 15th, since that's the next day that I have off.  I'll try and work on things before then, though, and set another deadline if I miss it.  Because they work, somehow.  Oh, and if you like updates, thank Devastator for this one.))

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1025 on: July 10, 2019, 08:52:26 am »

((I am still interested, of course. I just need to figure out wgere to slap my levels.

Don't worry about the hiatus. Life and writer's block happen, I understand.))
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 11, 2019, 03:17:47 pm »

(Aww, her sister's Memento is the other half of her soul gem wing brooch.)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 12, 2019, 01:07:29 am »

Alida's looking at Tooru, seeing how she's obviously fine now... and at the grief seed still being there, which is reassuring, as she was just a bit frightened that it would be gone.

"What happened?  Who was she?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 12, 2019, 05:03:17 pm »

((Feelings of pure joy and a dream more beautiful than reality? Calling it now, the party's going to have to fight a magical girl that compulsively uses them even when it's unnecessary, said Joy attacking the party in the hope of more grief seeds like a desperate junkie trying to score another hit.

Remember kids, don't do drugs!))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1029 on: July 12, 2019, 06:49:38 pm »

Tooru blinked, and actually giggled a bit before she came back down to earth. She was still in a sewer. Her expression faded completely. Mina was still dead. She looked down for a moment, handing the seed over to Alida and clearing her throat. "Um. Her name was Lucy, and she could fly. Her powers were a little like mine, I guess. She had a sister and they hunted witches together."

((Tooru is going to take levels in Mobility and Outburst.))
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 12, 2019, 06:57:32 pm »

"Oh, that sounds cool.  I wonder what it would be like if one of my sisters was a magical girl too."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 14, 2019, 07:46:33 pm »

Aleksandra, a bit unnerved by her giggling, moves towards Tooru and tries to help her stand back up.

"Um... Is it normal to fall unconscious like that? Did... Did something funny happen just now?"
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1032 on: July 14, 2019, 10:00:18 pm »

Tooru pops up without needing to lean on Aleksandra much at all, though she at least made it look like she was accepting the help. "I saw her memories. Or, um, some of them? I saw her fighting a witch with her sister. It was like a really cool dream, it didn't seem nearly as scary as actually fighting is. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 17, 2019, 04:00:10 pm »

...Hmm.  Finished the last set of memories today, but Dev doesn't actually have an action to use the seed, and there's some merit in not using it immediately.  So, I guess I'll wait for a confirmation of whether or not Alida's gonna use the seed.

In any case, Tooru and Alida both gain three levels to invest in either equanimity or bravery powers, as they please.  You don't have to invest them immediately, but you'll want to do that before the next labyrinth.  Asha also gets three levels, which she's not spending because she's an NPC.  Aleksandra is officially allowed to make her wish if she likes, and Pumsy is currently present, but there's no rush to make it if RGU somehow needs more time to think about it.

Next update tomorrow, or the day after, or whenever people can post boldtext.  If nobody posts what they're doing, I'm going to assume all the girls split up and go back to their homes, which will get a bit of description.  After that, there will be a timeskip, probably about one or two in-character weeks, before the next labyrinth appears.  Everyone will get one zoomed-in event during that time, unless you can't think of anything that's functional or interesting enough to spend time working towards.  Really though, try and think of something; you can't go shooting monsters with guns unless you steal the guns first!

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 17, 2019, 04:45:43 pm »

Well see, I would post boldtext if you'd just update me and Paris... ;P
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 84