Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 138726 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #1125 on: February 09, 2020, 05:22:38 pm »

((Oh, I'm going to need a lot more soul gems than that to apotheosize. :D ))
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 09, 2020, 06:11:39 pm »

((Awoo might have something to say about that plan.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 09, 2020, 06:31:37 pm »

((Technically speaking, it's probably not the best way to Attain Victory anyways.))
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 09, 2020, 08:24:02 pm »

((Well, if it comes down to it, in wolf-form her soul gem is attached to her collar.  Have fun.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 09, 2020, 09:35:32 pm »

((Do I need to point out that Alida has a bad Will Save? :D ))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 09, 2020, 11:26:00 pm »

((I'm fully aware that MC works, yes.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 10, 2020, 01:00:00 am »

((All I'm hearing is "magical girl death cult".))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 10, 2020, 02:07:36 am »

((That was an aspect of one game I thought about running, yes. :V ))

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 10, 2020, 05:50:38 am »

((All I'm hearing is "magical girl death cult".))
((I like this Thing way too much.))
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 05:56:19 am by MCreeper »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1134 on: February 20, 2020, 08:31:28 pm »

((Should I be concerned that Tooru dying afraid and alone with the knowledge that she has failed to save her family is being referred to as a best case scenario?))
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 20, 2020, 08:35:22 pm »

Nah, worst case we never get that far. We're lucky if we get to meet our Inevitable Doom.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 21, 2020, 12:30:17 am »

(Yes.  As much fun as it is for now, I'm sure being an increasingly-massive wolf-thing will never lead to suffering.  ;-p)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 21, 2020, 12:35:09 am »

And then Saeko the kaiju doomed the world.
Wait, wrong game.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: March 03, 2020, 04:41:35 am »

"But.. I have to settle them down!"

Pumsy wouldn't call me if it wasn't important.  I need to go.. quick.

Use DwR to sing a song.  "Give peace a chance."  Keep it up a few turns to calm them down.  That'll then let me go help Tooru.

Get them settled, and this time, get moving as a wolf.  Pumsy grabbed by the nape of his neck in my mouth, full speed.

Pumsy's words are instantly sobering.  You're not entirely comfortable with using magic on your family, but there's no other option at this point, aside from just abandoning them.  You pull Lydia into a hug, muffling her incessant complaints about Patrick, and begin softly singing.  The effect is almost instantaneous; Lydia relaxes and returns the hug, while the other kids quiet down and watch you, transfixed.

<Alida!  Hurry uuup!>

Pumsy's voice distracts you, cutting your song short.  Your siblings all seem to have entirely forgotten about the fight already, all of them smiling serenely.  Gregory immediately asks you to keep going, but you shake your head as you release Lydia.  You tell them that you have to go now, but warn that you'll be back later, and they better play nice until then.  You nod at Gregory, and tell him that he's in charge while you're gone--then you spin around and walk out of the room just as his serene expression begins to be replaced with something else.

You break into a run almost the moment you're away, reaching the front door within seconds.  Outside, you find Pumsy standing on the front step already--despite this being the opposite side of the house from where he'd been moments ago--and he's staring up at you reproachfully.  You step over him, ignoring his inevitable complaints, and look down the street both ways quickly.  The only person out right now is a jogger heading away, deeper into the neighborhood.

"Come on!  This way!" Pumsy says, already starting to run down the lawn in the opposite direction of the jogger.  You dive into a roll towards him--and come up as a wolf, covering the rest of the distance in a single bound.  He screams with a disconcertingly childlike voice as you grab him in your jaws--around his midsection, as his neck is far too tiny to grip safely.  You have a momentary impulse to bite down on the small fuzzy animal, but resist easily enough.

After Pumsy gets over his initial fear, he resumes directing you toward the labyrinth, a process made more difficult by his apparent lack of understanding of how cities are designed.  He directs you in a more or less straight line, through backyards, directly across active roads, and a couple times through buildings, though you just go around while ignoring his complaints... and the screams of the many pedestrians you're passing.  The entire trip only takes a few minutes in total, but you wouldn't be surprised if a hundred or more people saw you in that time...

In any case, Pumsy has led you to a sports stadium on the outskirts of the city.  Just from looking around at advertisements and the massive number of vehicles parked around, you can gather that there's supposed to be a major event today, apparently jousting.  Yet, there's nobody around--no crowds, no stadium staff, nobody at all.  Even the stadium itself sounds empty; even in your wolf form, you can't hear anything from inside, at all.  The entire area seems dead.

Tooru looked around with fear written across her face. "Papa? Taro? Can you hear me? After a moment or three of flitting about in front of them, fruitlessly trying to elicit a response, Tooru turned to face the center of the arena. She took a deep breath, trying and mostly failing to get her heart rate back down to a reasonable level. This was bad, very very bad. She'd seen what witches would do to people ensnared in their labyrinths, and she couldn't let that happen here. But, if Pumsy said that this witch was too powerful, and the last ones had been easy. . . Tooru squeezed her eyes shut for a moment. Am I going to die here? She had to move, she had to do something. With one last glance at her family, she summoned up her magical girl outfit. Summoning up a set of talismans for later throwing, she started to move towards the center of the arena, to hopefully figure out what was going on.

As you start walking down the stony steps, broken music begins blaring, from... everywhere at once.  It sounds familiar, and yet entirely wrong, a patriotic tune played by a musician who doesn't realize they've forgotten half the notes.  It would be uplifting if only it weren't so offputting.

Shortly after the music begins playing, two white-clad knights walk onto the field at the bottom of the stadium, out of a brick tunnel that leads under the stands.  The knights are covered head to toe in dull white plate, and each holds up a tall spear with a tattered flag hanging from the end.  The knights seem to be so heavy that they're sinking into the ground as they walk, like they were trudging through soft snow, rather than hard-packed dirt.  Even more knights follow behind them, more heavily armed with a variety of medieval weapons, and having no less trouble walking through the dirt.  There's a lot of them, and none of them are unique, or as strange as the other witches you've seen.  And... the procession doesn't seem to be stopping.

You stop, very unsure about whether you can fight so many enemies.  As you consider, the stands continue to change.  The seats of the insensate people seem to be merging together, into extended stone benches.  A man just to your left begins to sluggishly stand up, his face sweaty and pained--only to suddenly be ripped back into his seat.  There's a pair of rusted metal handcuffs painfully tightened around his elbows, a short chain anchoring them to the stone bench.  As you watch, more similar handcuffs seem to be appearing on people around you, though most of them clearly don't require restraint.  They seem to be appearing faster on the people closer to the bottom of the stadium.

You spin around suddenly, looking back up towards your family, near the top of the stadium.  They're next.

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 84