Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 140582 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #1170 on: June 20, 2020, 11:37:44 pm »

((Does anyone have any reasons why I shouldn't just riddle her with manabolts?))

((If you instagib her, I don't get to do anything cool or heroic? I dunno, a salvo is probably a good idea, just don't overcommit.))
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: June 20, 2020, 11:43:42 pm »

(Get out of line of sight from the magical attack?)

(But yes, probably going to be some big manabolts required to end her.  Mabye it isn't the right time to do it, though, all those familiars and the witch could well kill Tooru.  I think the witch is attacking her already.)

(I'm still thinking about my orders, but Alida will be entering the arena next turn and trying to buy time for Tooru to get her family to safety and maybe set up for some big manabolts.)

(As for songs.. maybe one involving darkness? This witch is attacking with heat and bright lights.  There should also be some good song that involves wolves/werewolves and night.  Or some proper heroic music.  I dearly hope she'll be able to draw the witch's ire from you.)

(Also, spectators.  Although with her in the middle of an arena you could probably hit her with pretty big manabolts, even if max size ones will probably kill a lot of people, particularly if they miss.  Tooru has the mobility to get in the air, though, so I'd recommend getting up higher so misses will hit the ground instead of being backstopped by the crowd.)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 12:06:08 am by Devastator »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 21, 2020, 12:17:45 am »

Wicked

And.. tasty.  Is that what bones taste like?  They're great.

That was a bit close, though.  Maybe I should be a liiitle bit more careful this time.  I might be pretty damn strong like this, but a halberd to my soulgem and I'll be just as dead.

..but Tooru needs me, so not too slow.

<Here I come, Tooru.  Gonna try and get its attention.>

End the DwR howling.  Use Effigy again to summon a third body.  Turn the one with the soulgem into a human, along with the new third body.  Mount a human body on the giant wolf and head in, with the human body wearing the soulgem hanging back.  Use Totem manipulation to have the main body pull out a club, and make it much longer so it'll be suitable for mounted combat.

Then, head in, with the mounted pair advancing to the arena floor, and the main body with the soulgem hanging back at the entrance.  Hand the lengthened club to the mounted pair there, like a squire to a knight, and have the pair enter the arena to take a good look at the witch.  If it doesn't notice, howl loudly as a challenge.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 06:10:09 am by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 21, 2020, 12:26:40 am »

((Does anyone have any reasons why I shouldn't just riddle her with manabolts? I've been trying to think of a useful Duet, but nothing comes to mind. . .))

((I feel a little bad that Egan and Dev sometimes squeeze information out of me in IRC, so I'll give you this one as a freebie.))

Spoiler: Hint (click to show/hide)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1174 on: June 24, 2020, 10:31:56 pm »

((haven't disappeared, but this game requires more careful thought than most others. I will try to get a post out by Friday night at the latest.))
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: June 27, 2020, 07:47:18 am »

((Ugh.  I do not like making maps.  Here, have a crappy MSPaint map, along with an explanation/recap of what the arena is like.))

((Also, do we have any spectators who would like to adopt Aleksandra until RGU comes back/the labyrinth is finished?  I don't like having her just chicken out and stay out of the labyrinth entirely, but I don't want to auto a PC, especially not when they're acting alone...))

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: June 27, 2020, 10:57:16 am »

((Also, do we have any spectators who would like to adopt Aleksandra until RGU comes back/the labyrinth is finished?  I don't like having her just chicken out and stay out of the labyrinth entirely, but I don't want to auto a PC, especially not when they're acting alone...))
I can adopt Aleksandra for now, I think.

Sending this as reassuring as possible 'cause I know she's probably very scared right now:  <Tooru! Ran as fast as I could! Are you okay? What's going on?>

Kay, thinking fast. Stadium = HUGE open sight lanes. Totem Manip:  Add a scope to the AK-47 to help me focus at long range. Come in the entrance near where Tooru is if at all possible. I want to be ready to cover her back, whether it's from the knights or the ones with bows up top; though Tooru's explosive nature likely gives her a better shot at the former due to them being close together.

If I don't come in near Tooru or Alida, start running along the edge of the arena towards the closest. My priority's to cover Tooru and co. from any familiars that attack or otherwise get close (yes, I DO mean L3 Manabolts), and if necessary, jump in, grab her and Teleport us both onto dry land if she winds up in real trouble.

Though it pains her to think it just now, Aleksandra also telepathically adds, <Asha's not here, so try not to get hit, okay? Coming back'll be a lot harder!>

(( Is that okay? ))
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 11:35:50 am by Xvareon »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: June 27, 2020, 05:33:52 pm »

((Think you can't contact someone from outside the labyrinth because it's a pocket realm, but then there's no reason you can't try.))

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: June 27, 2020, 06:06:33 pm »

((Think you can't contact someone from outside the labyrinth because it's a pocket realm, but then there's no reason you can't try.))
I read RGU's last post as that Aleksandra had already entered the labyrinth. Pumsy even said so. There were no people around in the parking lot, no sound, etc., it was pretty obvious something was wrong. And since she's in the labyrinth she should have telepathy active.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: June 28, 2020, 02:24:35 am »

(( Is that okay? ))

((The action is good, you clearly have a strong idea of what's going on, but I want to describe Aleksandra's current situation before you post actions for her.  I probably should have written something up before asking for someone to play her, I just didn't expect such a rapid response.  Will try to post it within a few hours, editing this post if reasonable.  Hold tight.))

((Last Aleksandra update is here.))

Aleksandra finds an entrance into the labyrinth soon after arriving at the stadium--but she does not use the front entrance, as Alida had, because she came from a different direction and knows no better.  She passes into the black fog hesitantly, having never encountered a labyrinth so alone before...

...The far side is almost completely silent, only the quiet sound of flowing water reaching Aleksandra's ears.  It's dark, almost too dark to see, and the young girl readies her rifle as her eyes adjust.  The only light comes from the far side of the room, a passageway set into a tan brick wall, opening onto a ramp that seems to lead outside.  Two deep slits, each about a handspan wide, run the length of the ramp.  Yellow light streams down from above, and reflections of the light sparkle from deep into the slits.

[Creativity]

The two slits lead down to the center of the room, where they meet with two more slits.  Aleksandra's eyes trace across these two slits, holding her gun steady in case anything stirs in the darkness.  They run the length of the room in front of her, leading from the center to both the left and right walls, where they pass through two dark doorways.  Another two exits, nearly invisible in the darkness.  Aleksandra frowns; whichever way she chooses, she's leaving a path for familiars to get behind her.  Her grandfather once said that being ambushed from behind is the biggest danger for a soldier.

((Aleksandra is now within telepathy range of all the other characters in the labyrinth.  If you want to communicate with them, you can do so by "shouting" telepathically; essentially sending a telepathic message out blindly over a large area.  Of course, unlike normal telepathy you're not choosing who listens, which means other things can hear...))

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: June 28, 2020, 10:51:32 am »

Of course, unlike normal telepathy you're not choosing who listens, which means other things can hear...))
(( Aleksandra wouldn't know that, though, 'cause she hasn't fought a Witch before. And there's really no other choice BUT to go in alone. ))

Okay, so it's not a straightforward path through to the arena. What she knows is Tooru is here somewhere, so her actions will be about that. Do the first telepathic message just as written. Leave out the second, that can wait until she actually hears from or sees Tooru/Alida so they can coordinate battle strategy. Aleksandra wants details, where enemies are, the witch's capabilities, so on -- but friends come first.

..... Can Totem Manipulation add like a flashlight to the underbarrel/side of the AK-47? It can add things like scopes, I read in the description. Do that if possible in addition to the scope, so I can see in the dark. Move towards the lit-up ramp, check behind every so often. Prioritize running if there's an encounter, shoot L3 manabolts w/ rifle to knock enemies off balance that get in my way.
EDIT: Actually, try using Teleport 1 to get past any enemies or hazards in my way until I can get outside. That's Cheap cost same as Manabolt 3. Aleksandra will just warp behind any knights and keep running. No need to waste ammo.

Get to Tooru ASAP, follow original plan if not interrupted (cover her, and if there's a fight focus enemies too close/ranged foes in that order).
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 03:47:54 pm by Xvareon »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: June 28, 2020, 01:58:25 pm »

((When using manabolts, you should specify what level of cost you're putting into it. I presume you mean to use Cheap manabolts, which at L3 would be equivalent to a rifle round.))

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: June 28, 2020, 02:08:43 pm »

((When using manabolts, you should specify what level of cost you're putting into it. I presume you mean to use Cheap manabolts, which at L3 would be equivalent to a rifle round.))
((Correct. L3 being what Aleksandra is up to with her rifle in hand. She doesn't have a reason yet to go higher 'cause killing everything isn't her priority. Getting past what's in her way and finding her friends is.))

((That just made me realize something, btw. I'ma amend the action a bit. I hope that's okay.))
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 02:13:07 pm by Xvareon »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1183 on: June 28, 2020, 03:52:26 pm »

((. . . I do have an idea for a duet. I'm thinking White Night Fantasy. It's about a comforting night where one can be free, which might counter the whole "imprisoned searing sunlight" thing. It also has some werewolfy lyrics that might. . . I dunno, buff Alida somehow?

I do want to know if my logic makes any sense to anyone else before I commit, though.))
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: June 28, 2020, 04:02:08 pm »

((. . . I do have an idea for a duet. I'm thinking White Night Fantasy. It's about a comforting night where one can be free, which might counter the whole "imprisoned searing sunlight" thing. It also has some werewolfy lyrics that might. . . I dunno, buff Alida somehow?

I do want to know if my logic makes any sense to anyone else before I commit, though.))
(( That's not a bad idea at all. [Also I like that song. XD] Just remember you'd be trying to directly counter what the witch is doing, and that's bound to pull her attention real fast. Another possibility is, since she seems all about the golden majesty & knights and such, you could mock her authority with jesters' laughs & funny bells. Maybe throw water from the channels on her armor and get laughing going about the steam coming off her. If her composure slips her magic might, too. But that's just me. ))
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 84