Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival the RTD! Open to all  (Read 27792 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival the RTD! Open to all
« on: October 02, 2017, 11:56:23 pm »

Premise: You are strangers who happen to be in close proximity to each other in a generic suburban shopping mall. Then the screaming started. Panic is in the air. The crowds feel the sudden urge to rush for the exits!

System: This is a Vanilla RTD with zombies.
1 - Epic failure - you trip over your own feet, slide on puddle, then tumble down a flight of escalators into the waiting zombie horde.
2 - Normal failure - you trip over your own feet and land face first on a hard concrete floor
3 - Partial failure. - you run, but can't keep up with the group. The chasing zombies start singling you out as the weakest prey in the herd.
4 - Generic Success - You run away, the chasing zombies single out some other poor sod lagging behind as their target, you have enough breathing space to maneuver if you need to.
5 - epic success - You run as if your life depends on it and put considerable distance between you and the pursuing horde
6 - overkill - As you sprint pass some bystanders you knock over a mother with a baby, who falls down a flight of escalators into a waiting zombie horde.

Survival notes:
You need to consume food and water to survive. We will sort of track this.

Player Sheet:

Name:
Occupation before the Apocalypse:
Appearance:
Personality:
Professional Skill(s): (If you could do up to 2 things right, what would they be?)
Hobbies: (Pick up to 3 things that you also dabble in.)
What do you have in your pockets: You can start with anything if it fits in your pockets and blends in with the context of a shopping mall.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Obituaries:
Hillary Clinton - Fell down a flight of escalators while charging into melee against cannibals with a giant book.
Doomrider - Suicide by cocaine
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 08:20:06 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival the RTD!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 12:09:44 am »

Name: Donald J. Trump
Occupation before the Apocalypse: Actual President of the United States
Appearance: "Just amazing, I look great, people look at me and just wow."
Personality: "The best, I have a tremendous personality, everyone loves my personality, it's such a good temperament, nobody has a personality like I do."
Professional Skill(s): "Making America great again, and being amazing at twitter, have you seen my twitter?  I beat everyone at twittering, all those slobs are worthless, they can't touch my twitter."
Hobbies: "I have so many hobbies you wouldn't believe, they're all great, just the best hobbies, everyone wants hobbies like mine, but nobody can have them because they're not me, only I can have hobbies this good."
What do you have in your pockets: A lot of money, a smartphone, a spare smartphone in case twitter stops working on the first, and a secure government-issued phone which is never used.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 12:36:12 am »

Name:Hillary Clinton.
Occupation before the Apocalypse:Clinton.
Appearance:"More of a Presidential look than some, I believe."
Personality:"Probably my worst quality is that I get very passionate about what I think is right."
Professional Skill(s):Politics, cynicism.
Hobbies:Campaigning, writing, marksmanship.
What do you have in your pockets:A copy of What Happened, smartphone, Game Boy.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 01:01:37 am »

Name: Jane Doe
Occupation before the Apocalypse: Disguised Military Android
Appearance: A perfectly normal woman with glowing blue eyes who can punch through walls easily.
Personality: Follows orders. Not from the likes of you, of course. Follows the three laws of robotics, except when they conflict with the zeroth law.
Professional Skills: Punching Things, Punching Other Things While Punching Things
Hobbies: Demolishing things, Seeing everything, Basic "human empathy"
What do you have in your pockets: Radio uplink to area 51, collapsing energy sledgehammer, "Skulljack" grey matter data extractor, Compact cold fusion reactor.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 01:01:53 am »

AoshimaMichio asked me to post his sheet for him, because he's at work and can't log in to B12.

Name: Vladimir Putin
Occupation before the Apocalypse: President of Russia
Appearance: It's like god distilled the essence of manliness from tiger and bear testicles, decided the result wasn't good enough, threw it out the window, and then handcrafted a man that transcended manliness as we know it.
Personality: The essence of calm badassery.  He's so badass that when he looks at explosions, they immediately stop to avoid breaking the laws of the universe.
Professional Skill(s): Badassery and Conquest.
Hobbies: Bear riding, gun-kata, and funky dancing.
What do you have in your pockets: Makarov pistol, combat knife, and an entire grizzly bear already outfitted in full riding tack.  What, you think Putin couldn't fit a bear in his pocket?  Are you willing to tell him that to his face?

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 05:03:32 am »

Dramatis personae:

Spoiler: Donald J. Trump (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Hillary Clinton (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Jane Doe (click to show/hide)

Whatever Jane Doe thinks she is, for all intents and purposes, she still has human survival needs for food and water. Also http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3289956/

Spoiler:  Vladmir Putin (click to show/hide)

Still accepting sheets. Will edit you into sanity though.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 06:07:01 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 05:31:38 am »

Name: Doomrider
Occupation before the Apocalypse: Daemon Prince of Slaanesh
Appearance: Pic for ya.
Personality: Basically Charlie Sheen and Snowflame rolled into one body.
Professional Skill(s): Snorting Cocaine, Killing Things In The Name Of Slaanesh While Riding On The Bike.
Hobbies: Consume Drugs, Being Insane, Making Orgies.
What do you have in your pockets: My bike, Power Sword and a 2 liter bottle of cocaine.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 06:13:45 am »

Name: Doomrider
Occupation before the Apocalypse: Daemon Prince of Slaanesh Professional cosplayer and drug dealer. He was handing out "candy" to school children when the apocalypse happened.
Appearance: Pic for ya.
Personality: Basically Charlie Sheen and Snowflame rolled into one body.
Professional Skill(s): Bike riding and highway violence
Hobbies: Sex, drugs and rock n roll
What do you have in your pockets: Bowie knife, ample supplies of candy (as much as can be stuffed into pocketses, about 500g), keys to a bike somewhere in the parking area.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 06:15:28 am by Aigre Excalibur »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 06:41:39 am »

Name: Jack S.
Occupation prior to apocalypse: Stunt double
Appearance: Looks pretty average, actually; he's made to look like the actors with CGI.
Personality: Would just like to get out of this alive thank you very much; also, probably this.
Professional abilities: acrobatic feats, taking a hit well, good luck, impersonation
Hobbies: marathons, martial arts, reading tvtropes
Whats does he has in his pocketses: a pair of tonfas, an umbrella, and a snack
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:20:03 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 07:17:32 am »

Some suggested characters to add to the politician madness:

Name: Rodrigo Duterte
Occupation prior to the Apocalypse: Actual president of the Philippines
Appearance: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Rodrigo_Duterte_and_Laotian_President_Bounnhang_Vorachith_%28cropped%29.jpg
Personality: The president the people need and deserve. He is an actual White Knight whom young women swoon over and whom drug dealers fear at night. Also has a chronic grudge against the United States for ancient war crimes.
Professional Skills: A lawyer by training, this man now writes the law, enforces the law and is the law.
Hobbies: Close-Quarter gun battles, Riding around his motorcycle looking for criminals.
What does he have in his pocketses: A made in the Philippines M1911 Pistol, A certificate of Presidential Immunity to all violent crimes against criminals signed by himself.

Name: Angela Merkel
Occupation prior to the Apocalypse: Chancellor of Germany, De Facto leader of the European Union
Appearance: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Merkel#/media/File:Angela_Merkel_Juli_2010_-_3zu4.jpg
Personality: The leader the free world needs, but not the one they actually deserve right now. For a "conservative" she has some of the most humane policies in the world.
Professional Skills: Compassion, imposing humane perspectives and practices in the face of all opposition and reality.
Hobbies: Watching Soccer, cooking and baking, spreading the love of Jesus
What she has in her pocketses: A cellphone that can stream football games, a pocket Bible, Graphs of unit labour costs
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:19:30 am by Aigre Excalibur »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 07:19:09 am »

Is Jack approved?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 07:19:58 am »

Name: Jack S.
Occupation prior to apocalypse: Stunt double
Appearance: Looks pretty average, actually; he's made to look like the actors with CGI.
Personality: Would just like to get out of this alive thank you very much.
Professional abilities: acrobatic feats, taking a hit well, good luck, impersonation
Hobbies: marathons, martial arts, reading tvtropes
Whats does he has in his pocketses: a pair of tonfas, an umbrella, and a snack

Approved!

Ultramarine Prime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2017, 10:40:19 am »

Name: Bob
Occupation before the Apocalypse: Carpenter
Appearance: A rather short, but stout individual. His tiny eyes are barely noticable on his huge, football shaped head. His go-to outfit are a pair of overalls, steel-toe boots, a toolbelt, and a safety-yellow hard hat.
Personality: He is a problem solver, and always has a positive attitude, even when things are going wrong.
Professional Skill(s): Construction and repair.
Hobbies: Flipping houses, gardening, and talking to inanimate objects.
What do you have in your pockets toolbelt: A screw driver, a pipewrench, a box cutter, and a tape measure.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2017, 10:43:02 am »

Here comes Vladimir Putin!

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2017, 10:49:04 am »

Dramatis personae:

Spoiler: Donald J. Trump (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Hillary Clinton (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Jane Doe (click to show/hide)

Whatever Jane Doe thinks she is, for all intents and purposes, she still has human survival needs for food and water. Also http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3289956/

Spoiler:  Vladmir Putin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Doomrider (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jack (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jenkins (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 10:59:05 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15