Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Interest check: Literally 3x3 fortress  (Read 3176 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interest check: Literally 3x3 fortress
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2017, 03:00:44 pm »

If going for a 5x5 +1, might as well have a 27 floor tile max per z-level rule. 

This way, you can re-configure each z-level as needed, some with 3x3x3 configuration.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2017, 05:43:06 am »

Yeah, that's right Cole.

Digging a bit into dfhack, I did find out where the embark rectangle is kept (df.global.gview.child) and could resize it and discover I was embarking on werebeast lair before embarking. However, it's limited to standard 48x48 squares, it seems.

Post-embark, attempted to delete the five outmost block columns, all their entries, and edit all map edge x,y values to 32. (I expect this would cause issues with animals entering the map, granted).

But I did successfully resize embark to 32x32:

||

Sadly the team lost pick and axe somehow or other, but they could gather plants, place them to food stockpile, and southern and eastern edge map building restrictions worked as expected. Tiercel peregrine (exterminate), Kingsnake (exterminate), Unicorn (exterminate), Deer (exterminate), Raven, barn owl, weasel, kiwi, red panda, opossum (etc) could all enter the map, though all came through north or west borders, suggesting I was correct about placing the things improperly. Visitors, both scholars and mercenaries, could come as well, and although due cutoff the weretortoise had map edge exit they didn't use it.

Then I noticed everyone was thristy and remembered I could simply cheat in axes and picks.

Then designated digging designation southwards, and the missing 5 blocks columns reappearred! Kinda. Three consecutive layers with digging breakpoint:

||

||
The previously dug tunnel here got filled in again!

||

Then I discovered I had a loyalty catcascade on my hands due woodcutter hurting the cat, and the cat then interrupting the woodcutter from eating (exterminate)

Then I discovered raven corpses hanging in midair outside the map

||

building a floor to retrieve them had them fall down upon reaching the raven (ew)

Then the caravan arrived and complained I had no depot.

Conclusion: Definitely possible, but I forgot to modify some values. (Also, make sure to not leave your dwarves outside the area you resize.)

E: I imagine increasing embark area post-embark ought to be possible as well.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 05:47:31 am by Fleeting Frames »

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2017, 05:33:53 pm »

Then I noticed everyone was thristy and remembered I could simply cheat in axes and picks.
Scum. Go build a Depot!
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 08:51:47 pm »

Heh. I don't care when I'm testing and going to erase the embark anyway :p

Plus, the 7 dwarves can't normally survive from embark to caravan without drink, and knowing if caravan can enter is important for this.

exdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 08:24:44 am »

Wait its possible with df hack to have embarks bigger than 16x16.

I will try to make a 3x3 world (possible with cheat engine) and then use a 48x48 embark to make the embark be the entire world.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 09:08:05 am »

I will try to make a 3x3 world (possible with cheat engine) and then use a 48x48 embark to make the embark be the entire world.

I meant 3x3 work area in a regular-sized fort, not a 48x48 fort. Although that would be interesting. See if we can get humies and goblins too.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2017, 09:08:35 am »

Make sure to have pause on load on.
Pages: 1 [2]