Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: And because you didn't make me a stone crown, I shall kill the queen!  (Read 1552 times)

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So.... this happened....
 ::)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: And because you didn't make me a stone crown, I shall kill the queen!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 02:05:57 am »

Is this a modded or vanilla game? I coulda swore there was a tag in the normal dwarf monarch raws that makes them and their spouses excempt from normal punishment. Probably shouldnt have even happened.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TubaDragoness

• Bay Watcher
  • o3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 03:21:10 am »

Is this a modded or vanilla game? I coulda swore there was a tag in the normal dwarf monarch raws that makes them and their spouses excempt from normal punishment. Probably shouldnt have even happened.

According to my (unmodded) entity raws, there are three tokens of interest in the monarch definition. [MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION] , [MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION_SPOUSE] , and [PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION].

Note the lack of a [PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION_SPOUSE], if such a token is valid. Seems like either an oversight, or this was intended.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 03:38:20 am »

oh my god

this game is awesome

How does the king feel about it? This being dwarf fortress, I bet he's totally satisfied that the crime was punished?  :D

TubaDragoness

• Bay Watcher
  • o3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 04:54:13 am »

He probably would be if he were the injured party. Sadly, it's the mayor who ordered the beating, not the King.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 07:00:20 am »

This might actually be due to this bug - it's currently possible for the King himself to be punished for failing to complete a mandate, and if the Consort was supposed to be exempt from punishment as well, that protection would fail to be applied.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 12:26:05 pm »

Vanilla.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 01:40:02 pm »

Apart from what Quietust said re: exemptions not being checked for civilisation-based nobles, monarchs have the tags "menial work exempt", "menial work exempt - spouse" and "punishment exempt", but notably no "punishment exempt - spouse", which sort-of suggests that spouses are not supposed to be safe from punishments.

I don't know what "menial work exempt" is actually supposed to do in more current game versions (0.34+?) - nobles, no matter where they're based, can have their labours changed and will perform the same jobs as any civilian. This holds true for champions, the only noble that presumably successfully checks their menial-work-exemption in DF2014.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 01:41:40 pm by Larix »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 07:21:21 pm »

I don't know what "menial work exempt" is actually supposed to do in more current game versions (0.34+?) - nobles, no matter where they're based, can have their labours changed and will perform the same jobs as any civilian. This holds true for champions, the only noble that presumably successfully checks their menial-work-exemption in DF2014.
That's because MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION doesn't work at all, another bug that dates back all the way to version 0.31.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.