Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Library and "workshop" libraries  (Read 1270 times)

joaodosgrao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Library and "workshop" libraries
« on: October 04, 2017, 07:16:41 pm »

Since I don't think stockpiling can be changed through modding, is there a way to mod the workshop libraries so they use quires from library chests, and so that written codices are also stored in them?
It is extremely annoying having to write all the books and get spam cancellations in the middle of the work because a dorf decided to use a bin somewhere that contained the quires.
Here I go again, looking through the stockpiles and reports to find out which books have been written and which haven't. When building a library, the bin competition is also an issue, since if it's tasked by another dorf "Needs X" won't allow its building.

Since quires, book bindings etc are all under "tools" on finished goods stockpile, it is pretty annoying trying to setup a exclusive stockpile for them.

So, is there a way? :P
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 07:42:41 pm by joaodosgrao »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Library and "workshop" libraries
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 03:28:20 am »

They are just a pain in the ass all together.  I hate those libraries.  and the answer is no... what you need is either a quantum stockpile of the items without bins or a large stockpile with 0 bins allowed to avoid the bin problem all together.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal