Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28

Author Topic: Gods of Creation III (IC)  (Read 28498 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gods of Creation III (IC)
« on: October 06, 2017, 09:37:56 pm »

Once again the time for creation of a new world has finally arrived. The heavens are abuzz with energy as the 6 high gods of this fledgling universe set about their work. Strange beings from heaven, hell, and who knows where have found a way into your domain. They come seeking entrance into the physical world, through any means necessary. Yet they are held back by the walls of your small universe, nigh impenetrable is the membrane which separates one universe from another and the void that lays between. Though, great beasts and conniving tricksters may yet find ways to enter your domain. You must protect your universe on all sides, lest a terrifying fate befall it at the hands of these lesser powers.

The world itself is dank, empty, and unmolded. It is a particular bit of slightly less nothingness in a larger cosmic nothingness. Distant stars twinkle, uninterested in the fate of this particular region of void. This is where you will set about your work. One star marks the center of your territory, beyond that it is empty void. Here begins the first step on the long path that is creation.

However, even now the creatures of the multitudes seek to influence you. Whether that influence is worthy, warranted, or well intended is impossible to say. The system for requests is simple and understood by all. Major offers can be made to the council of gods as a whole, whereas specific or minor requests may be made in private to a particular god.

The first offer comes from a goddess of Ice, Sykila. She hails from a distant universe, a warrior queen, who has dominated much of that world with an icy conquest. Her visage is white and clear, being made of snow and ice. Her very presence chills void around your world. Be wary, her reputation as a godslayer proceeds her. Fledgling gods, I am pleased to make your acquaintance. Her smile is ice, her words are like the first fall of snow, you feel compelled to simply lay down and let it's cool blanket envelope you. I come bearing a curse for my world, but perhaps a blessing for yours. A terrible titan of earth and fire which melted my lands and set aflame my worshipers. In the end, it was beyond even my power to slay it, and I was forced to lock it away in prison of flaming ice. The heat of it's own power working against it, for as the ice grew hot, it spread in the same manner that clean ice does with the cold. In time earth and fire surrounded the prison until it was simply too large to remain. The beginnings of a planet form around this raging monster, and would save you untold amounts of effort in building yourself a new planet. I offer this molten prison for two acts, for I cannot easily part with it after investing so much in its creation.

The second offer comes from a demigod of air and life, Nywila. A quarter god, the daughter of a minor god and a mortal. Your new lands will lack air, my lieges. A trifling matter no doubt for ones as powerful as yourselves, but perhaps I can be of assistance. I would be honored to fill your new world with an atmosphere. I only ask that you give sanctuary to my creation. It is singular tree of large proportions. It's trunk reaches high into the sky and it's leaves cast shade over a vast area. It was my first creation, and now it has outgrown the tiny dimension my grandfather lords over. Please consider my offer knowing that the tree must be protected, for it holds up the sky.

The third offer comes from a god of death and disasters Tuerrot . Tuerrot was once a colonial god, setting out to pioneer the far reaches of the universes, yet his journey was cut short. Now he offers strange wonders from journeys and escapades. Ah, a fresh party of gods taking their first steps on the journey through divinity. That really returns many unpleasant memories... Yet my first journey was both exciting and enjoyable, so let us hope you only manage the one. I come bearing wonders of the worlds. I offer a race of mangy mortal miscreations. These sad beasts were once mighty masters of mysterious magics, but their in their hubris, they destroyed themselves. Now these fickle failures of foreign gods have fallen into my possession. They appear as muscular humans, but their skin is grey and their eyes are gold and without pupils. They are of human intelligence, perhaps a bit less, but are naturally resistant to magic. I won't tell you of the horrid fate that befell those who were more attuned to their source of their destruction... I offer them for 1 act and 1 minor act. 

The final issue that needs your attention is a meteor thrown at your universe by a nearby titan! The big rock will crash into your universe and put a hole in your defenses. This may or may not let something else slip into the world. It can be deflected for two acts. Another option would be to slow it down and bring it into your universe gently, which would also require two acts. It would make a lovely moon if you were to treat it gently. Furthermore, it has a species of mortals dwelling deep inside it. It seems like they're slowly dying in the void of space, only moderately protected by the meteor. It's likely some subterranean race that was lucky enough to survive a terrible cataclysm at the hands of that titan. Rescuing them, and would require you slow the meteor. Afterwards you'll have two turns to devote an act to placing them upon your world. The faster you transfer them to a habitable location, the more of them will survive.

Typheus (Nakeen)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rexilium (Crazyabe)

Tauron (ShadowClaw777)

Acter ( Glass)

Kyazir (Taricus)

Julius (Doubloon-Seven)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 12:10:43 pm by Roboson »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation III (IC)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 09:55:40 pm »

I'll Take the Rock and the sky that holds down a tree. And am willing to help slow down the space junk.
Buy the Core with a chaos and a normal act.
take the tree for free,
Provide it to the asteroid As a Speed reduction method.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 10:38:15 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 09:59:43 pm »

PTW
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 09:59:57 pm »

Julius gazes upon the void, and his fellow gods. As he thinks, the stag turns toward Sykila.

"Sykila, I must thank you for your generosity in this offer,"

Saying this, he gives a polite bow.

"However, I must ask you how secure your prison for the Titan is. I wouldn't want to have a core with such capability of acting up on a planet where our dear mortals will live, you must understand."
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 10:04:58 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 10:02:12 pm »

Hmn? Ah. Ah, Mrs. Nywila, I would like that tree in just a moment, I'm going to want it on that meteor over there, if you'd excuse me just a second or so-

Analyze the trajectory, see how the meteor moves and why it does so in the way it does, and take action to apply that knowledge to your own purpose; Acter is one to lead by example. Two Acts, one Analysis one nondenominated, to slow the meteor and make it enter the universe safely, allowing it to begin orbit around the sun.

-aaaaand that tree now please, right on our new planetoid, pleasure doing business with you.
To clarify, I'm buying the tree to put on the asteroid.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 10:29:37 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 10:05:15 pm »

While Julius waits for Sykila to give her response, he turns to those who will share this star with him.

"It appears there are mortals in danger, coming in on that asteroid. Now, I do not believe anyone wants the poor creatures to perish. Acter, would you accept my help in slowing their craft?"

Avanti!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 10:11:25 pm »

Julius gazes upon the void, and his fellow gods. As he thinks, the stag turns toward Sykila.

"Sykila, I must thank you for your generosity in this offer,"

Saying this, he gives a polite bow.

"However, I must ask you how secure your prison for the Titan is. I wouldn't want to have a core with such capability of acting up on a planet where our dear mortals will live, you must understand."

Ha! Such a meager god questions my craftsmanship. This offense will not be taken lightly.

It is indestructible from the inside, and the beast can only throw the occasional tantrum. A few minor earthquakes is all it would ever be capable of producing. They would likely never be felt upon the surface.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 10:23:44 pm »

Julius responds to Sykila.

"My apologies, Madam Sykila, for my offense. Still, I thank you for your offer. It truly would be an excellent deal for the both of us, and would certainly make a great core for the planet, soon to be. However, it seems that one of my fellows is trying to buy it as well, and as he had not offended you, I must step back."
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 10:30:10 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 10:24:27 pm »

"Tree of air? I'm going to be honest, that's just asking to be chopped down by a mortal or god that's spiteful or otherwise filled with hate, and a world built around a pissed off titan... not something you put mortals on. And... well, much as those mortals are harmless, they're still going to be expensive to being in whilst we're trying to make our own.

Anyway, I'm of the opinion that the core offered by the ice queen is... well, too small for our purposes. If we want a planet where mortals can truly flourish, we're going to need a bigger one. One that could support about... say, seven continents, plus water and air would be about ten acts; something no god could or should do by their lonesome. After that there's continents, of which likely everyone would spare their own effort into building their own, and more importantly an ecosystem which would need about nine acts minimum."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2017, 10:25:51 am »

Tauron rumbled and stowed, he reached out his buoyant vibrations, to create a request to Julius, or any other god that could fulfill the service.
"If we shall stick with the Core World, than I have a request from the general of you lot. Mainly a request towards the God of Life, Julius. I shall craft the first and largest continent (4 Acts) on this Core World, and than create a subterranean cavern system of half that size, underneath the continent (2 Acts). And than will create a respective mortal sentient race that lives in that subterranean layer. I request that you spend 3 Acts for a Ecosystem Starter for this caverns system, so that my mortal sentients can survive within this world. Take this as a request, and I shall help you with a future endeavor of 3 Acts."

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 11:09:38 am »

Turn 1.1 Microupdate

Rexilium purchases the core world for 1 act and 1 chaos act and places it around the sun.
Acter uses an analysis act and an act to place the meteor in orbit around the sun.
Rexilium and Acter take the Skytree and Place it upon the meteor. The meteor is enveloped in an atmosphere. Mortals inside stop dying.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2017, 12:46:49 pm »

Julius ponders Taurons offer.

"That seems like quite the fair deal, though I must ask but one caveat. I request free use on the continents top, though you will of course still have access. I will not intrude upon your caverns. Other than that, I will accept your offer. Is this acceptable? Also, before I act upon the world, what sort of life would you care for?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 12:52:00 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2017, 01:51:15 pm »

Typheus was late to the world's prelude. He saw what his kins had done, and silently approved. Of the divine requests, one was left unattended, which was the matter of Tuerrot .

"These mortals rose and fell, but they survived. For having lived through glory and hubris, I am sure they earned something important young races will surely lack. Tuerrot, these mortals interest me. While they fell, I believe there is room for them for another, greater ascent."

Convert 1 Act into 2 Minor Acts, then trade 1 Act and 1 Minor Act for the mortal race to place them into the world. keep them in stasis until the world is ready to receive mortals

With this over, another pressing matter came to his mind. Turning toward his fellow gods, he said:
"I reckon the young world lacks the vitality to bear strong and diverse life. I believe we should combine our powers to bless the world with life and vitality, so that various life forms may thrive. Of course, I will be the first to pour an Act into this combined endeavor."

Proposal: Combine 5 Acts from various gods to bless the world with "The Blessing of Life". It should fill the titancore planet with incredible vitality, allowing all of our future creations to thrive, and making the world resistant to world-destroying disasters.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 02:25:14 pm by Nakéen »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2017, 01:58:53 pm »

"The planet lacks vitality because there is only rock upon it, and to invigorate a likely unstable core further. IF anything the titan core should be put aside, and possibly used as a tap for divine power from the titan."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2017, 02:24:00 pm »

Tauron after seeing the respective promise from the God of Life, directed its attention to the lava molten core that chambered a titan. Tauron wasn't impressed by the titan, it only showed rage and power, no finesse or control. But as the god of the earth he saw that the molten world was connected to the sun, and as he laid upon it, he started imbuing the magic within him and formed and crafted. The giant plateau that would be the layer for the molten rock would be the first, so it needed the most refinement. It was shaped into a large central pangea, of collected dirt and soil. It was the imagining of the first continent, the first piece of land that was formed in the core molten world
Spend 1 Normal, 1 Earth, and 2 Gravity Acts, on creating a Large earthen Pangea-type of continent on the core molten world

Second on Tauron's agenda, was to dig, dig, and dig some more. He channeled his inner prowess and enchanted his claws to make a cavern system on the subterranean layer of the first continent. The vibrations that resonated from Tauron, shaped and molded the cavern system into a complex layer, large tunnels were the most important part of this landscape, and only times when the tunnels connected was their ever a large area. Because of the energy spent on this act, it total size was only half of that of the Pangea-continent
1 Vibration and 1 Normal Act, on digging a subterranean cavernous system underneath the top layer of the Pangea, in its current state it is only the size of half that of the continent

Thirdly on Tauron's goals, was to create a sentient race in his own image that would fulfill the cavernous system with life. He layered and molded them out of the dirt, beings made of earth, and than imbued him with his magical essence to create life. They were of a combination of worms, primates, earth. Their body with a wriggly segmented pink skin, that absorb nutrients from the earth, their lack of photoreceptors as they would never see the sun, but instead had a keen sense of detecting vibrations within the earth. They also were given high-intensity muscles that were great for movements made in short periods of time, but they lacked endurance to have this continuous short-bursts of energy. They were omnivorous and would eat any form of nutrients, but most peculiar was their form of communication, they utilized auditory vibrations to fulfill that they created to fulfill their need for communication. They were sentients and mortal, and were given the need of those with that type of intelligence. They were as referred to as the Annelidians.

Create the Annelidians mortals, a mix between earth worms, underdark primates, and sentient mortals. They had pink segmented skin, lacked photoreceptors, but had a keen sense to detect vibrations and auditory waves. They communicated through vibrations they produced, and were given mortal sentience, and were placed within the subterranean cavernous system (1 Earth Act, 1 Vibration Act, and 1 Normal Act)

Than finally Tauron went to Julius's offered, and within a few moments, a response was given.
"You may have free usage of the continent and I shall fulfill the promise when the opportunity is given, now the life of the created landscape, is needed of some general cavernous or subterranean ecosystem. things like mushrooms, spiders, insects, and other cavernous creatures, just perform a Ecosystem Starter in my landscape, for the deal to be made.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 02:36:24 pm by Shadowclaw777 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28