Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]

Author Topic: Arms Race: Iron Behemoths - Nogrania - GAME OVER  (Read 50032 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: Iron Behemoths - Nogrania - GAME OVER
« Reply #660 on: June 20, 2018, 10:45:28 pm »

And Thus Concludes Iron Behemoths.

I hope you enjoyed playing along and that the ending I've given does the story justice.
I'll be the first to admit I could have done a better job with this game, mostly through how the setting was built and how expenses were calculated.
I'm not going to sit here and list out everything I did wrong, but suffice to say that it was quite a learning experience.
I'd originally had a much more grand game in mind, but I think the ending is suitable for how it turned out.
I hope that you enjoyed it, and that you'll remember this game fondly.
GG everybody, thanks for playing.

p.s. No, I have no plans to do a Tunnel Wars game.  That setting is up for grabs, if anyone wants it.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 20, 2018, 11:33:26 pm »

Didn't even need my plan to make things interesting, all those low numbers did it themselves! I'll post the Charon design when I get off work so youse guys can see the differences between two designs, and so anyone who takes up the Tunnel Wars mantle knows exactly what's being fielded in that regard.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 21, 2018, 01:59:27 am »

Feckin looters! The one time I could have used anything but a 1... Nogrania may have still stood, untouched by nuclear fire.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 21, 2018, 02:44:18 am »

Here's the final design for the Charon so youse guys know the full extent of it's awesome power. I had a slow ten hour shift at work to work on it, if that isn't obvious upon reading.

And my plan, for shits and gigs. Note that there is no actual animosity, I just wanted to make sure eS had some good stuff to write.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 21, 2018, 03:09:32 am »

Hey, at least I got to be on an airship.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 21, 2018, 07:21:23 pm »

Now I want to do an arms race game set in tunnels...

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 21, 2018, 07:49:16 pm »

I've been working on an AR of my own, but I see potential for a series of games here.

Namely an AR set above ground could be run alongside or close to a tunnel war ar, which then conclude in an AR of overworld vs underworld. There's two factions set up for each, and they all have their own unique flavor. All four factions seem to have tossed aside old national identity in some way which would allow for some good fluffiness to further individualize the sides.

The more I think about it the more I want to run one of them.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]