Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28

Author Topic: Gods of Creation III (IC)  (Read 28711 times)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation III (IC)
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2017, 03:45:20 pm »

"Typheus, the rest of us seem to be an agreement. What say you?"

Avanti!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2017, 04:40:18 pm »

"I do not oppose the outcome, as long as a suitable world can be formed. Consider my vote in."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2017, 06:35:38 pm »

I Lend one chaos act to Kyazir for use in a grasslands.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2017, 07:14:20 pm »

"And it passes. Excellent!"

Next, Julius turns his attention to the borders fo the jungle and the forests.

He creates a mortal race. They will be a middle ground between the birdlike raptor, and the hominid. Four foot-tall bipedal creatures named the Incilatro. Living on the borders of jungle and forest, they live high in the treetops, hunting, but some take to the ground, and live in the forests, taking on a preference for fruit and such. Despite this, they are not separate species, and are still quite close. They have wings, capable of gliding (but not flying) short distances, and are omnivorous, as well as being able to create a range of vocalization. The split between the Jungle Dwellers and the Forest Dwellers are cosmetic, but they do have an a cultural stigma on breeding together, though they still remain on friendly terms. Those in the jungle are more hunters, and those in the forest are more often gatherers. Nevertheless, both have a tendency to stick together in groups to eclipse their height disadvantage, forming primitive governmental structure, and a respect for nature, for it is their home and food source.
Spend 1 Normal Act, 1 Order Act, One Life Act to create them.

Then, Julius waits. As the Incilatro develop into tribal structures, a mediator, or an important negotiator will develop among them. When this happens, and said person becomes reasonably well liked by most, he bestows them dreams- clear and sharp, detailing the creation of their life, the deeds of Julius, and other facts about the world, as well as a message- other blessing will follow, to those who respect nature, and give worship to the god of life, as well as a side note that he was chosen for being an intermediary for both groups. This special Incilantro will be given druidic powers, control over plants, with rapid plant growth, moving them in various (Not natural) ways, and even the creation of edible matter, as well as the specific mission to spread the worship of Julius to all Incilatro. He will also be given an extended lifespan.
Invest a Minor Normal act, a Life act, and an Order act for a Prophet, and his druidic powers.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 07:37:58 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2017, 07:47:08 pm »

Support any and all plans for the 10 creation acts.
I create a Two act continent to the north east of the first one.
(payment: One normal, one Chaos)
I Place a Ecosystem starter on it. (Two chaos, one normal)
I Lend one act to Kyazir for use in grasslands.
Secret things

Remaining acts: 1 chaos, 1 normal
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2017, 08:36:41 pm »

Planet creation acts are fine by me.

2 acts, first one to expand the metreeor by 380 times (slowly enough to not completely wreck stuff for the Sciro), second to place it in orbit around the main planet, a tiny bit further from it than the moon is to Earth.

What's this about a "bottle tree"? Ah, yes, I'll take those, here's a minor Act thank you very much. Bottle trees are now growing on the troon.

Aaaand yes, I need to do that...
1 Improvement Act to make one of the Sciro my prophet, simultaneously gifting him with the ability to improve his skills at about half again the rate of other Sciro due to the nature of the Act. He is also aware of what will happen, and will try to guide his fellows to the area closer to the tree, in preparation for egress to the greatly expanded surface.
Note: Acter appreciates it when his followers try to actually understand the world around them rather than just accept that it is so. In other words, he wants them to use the scientific method, and this prophet is the first scientist.

And you'll want protein... ah, this should work for now I think...
1 minor Act: create the bottlebears. They look like koalas, but green and brown, and they eat the bottle fruit and its contents, and will be able to eat any other plants other than the airtree. And yes, they're a good source of protein.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 10:02:54 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2017, 09:01:34 pm »

2 Acts to Kyazir for the ecosystem.

Typheus gazed over the world his fellow gods were shaping: crude and growing, but suitable for mortals growth. That was enough for his plans. He looked at the mortals he purchased from the god of disasters.

"The time has come for these children of a broken world to be born once more."

Place these mortals on the first continent, preferably far from other mortal races and obviously in some livable place.

As the time began to flow again for the survivors of another universe, Typheus spoke to them.
"I am Typheus, God of Might, Bravery and Monsters. Your world is gone, and fate has brought you into this fledging world. This second chance that was given to you, do not waste it. And if you wish to meet me again, follow the prophecy of this slab."

1 Minor Act: create a slab imparting them with a prophecy. The slab words will glow stronger as a monster made by Typheus approach.
"The worthy slayer of a child of Typheus shall be granted power beyond mortal understanding.
To those bearing the aspects of Might and Bravery, heed my challenge.
Typheus, god of Might, Bravery, and Monsters awaits you."

With his remaining Acts, Typheus created two monsters. For each Monster, 1 Act of Might, 1 Act of Bravery and 1 Act of Monsters.

Calyvaro, the Blazing Ox of Valor:
A towering red minotaur. Its horns are always burning with a powerful flame, and its glowing eyes have the blaze of a furnace.
Its strength is unparalleled, and it is capable of absorbing fire to gain in power. Very rarely, the ashes of his destructive passage may give birth to a new monster.

Eurythia, the Great Queen of the Night:
A massive monster, seemingly born from the cross of a centipede and a spider. She has the lower body of a centipede, with dozen sharp and deadly spiked legs. Her upper body consists of a chitinous torso with two spider arms ending in barbed claws. She has 8 glowing red eyes, and a wide deltoid crest giving her a regal appearance.
She can breed a multitude of small to giant venomous spiders and centipedes, that she can commands to do her bidding. Very rarely, she may be able to give birth to a new monster.

To his creations, he spoke and told them their missions.
"Calyvaro and Eurythia. As my firstborn children, I give you two missions.
Your first mission, and most important, will be to challenge mortals and remind them of your power. You are not to eradicate them.
If a mortal bearing the aspects of Might and Bravery bests you, grant them your blessing. The worthy shall be granted power no mortal ever held before, and shall be granted the ability to hear my divine words.

Your second mission will be to watch over the land so that no disaster of foreign origin shall threaten the balance of the land. You will be free to eradicate such menaces."

0 Acts left.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 01:03:26 am by Nakéen »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2017, 11:26:16 pm »

A voice like the gnashing of teeth whispers from the void.
"Greetings friends. My name is
 Soolien.

I bring gifts, for whoever would be
gracious
enough to let me in.

5 acts. That is what I offer. I would use them all to build a WONDROUS city. Allow me access to this world, and this city shall be yours, free to shape and house your beloved creations within. They would be provided for. I shall spend my time caring for them.

What do I ask? Only that I be given a home within this city as well, be allowed to help nurture it and its people. Be allowed to take but a small portion of their love and worship to sustain myself. You can think of me as a helper spirit, doing good work within your city, for your people. Simply allow me to spread mine own gospel, never superseding yours of course, and this city shall be yours.

Provided
you
let
me
in.

Of course."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2017, 11:41:03 pm »

"I'll let ya in, you can set up shop on the Small rock circling the sun over there,"
I gesture to the comet with one hand.
>Let in Soolien
Secret things

“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2017, 12:15:28 am »

"I... uhhh. I think you might want to reconsider that offer. Really. You might have some trouble with some of the inhabitants."

((Consolidating my actions here))

-Before the Biomes are created
Kyazir spends two normal acts, a beauty act and an engineering act raising a continent northwest of Tauron's Pangea. Named Verdance, the continent is in a predominantly temperate climate with the northern reaches being taiga and the southernmost being subtropical/mediterranean. it's rivers flow (or, would flow, if there was water in them) across the continent, with three major rivers; two terminating in the south and a third ending in the east. With the odd cluster of mountains and a few lone mountains springing forth from the landscape surrounded by hill-land, river valleys & plains

-While the Biomes are being created.
Using the acts from Typheus & Rexilium, Kyazir puts the capstone on the biome creation by creating a grasslands ecosystem, and spreading it on Verdance and Pangea alongside the forests and jungles of both. (Three Normal Acts)

-After the Biomes are created.
--Create the Tasatha (1 War Act, 1 Beauty Act, 1 Engineering Act)
The Tasatha are a humanoid species, moderately sized and resistant to magic. The flip side of the magic resistance is that they cannot actually cast spells or manipulate magic in any way. Imbued with each sphere of Kyazir's power, they are efficiently made; Aesthetically appealing with tough, wiry bodies and minds that easily grasp the potential of their environment and resources. Physiologically, the Tasatha resemble short-eared elves, with skin tones from light blue to a deep purple/black and hair colours that accentuate the colour of the skin (And vise-versa).

Lovingly placed on Verdance, Kyazir ensures the settle in well on their new home. He also ensures they do not spread further than Verdance, with Pangea being crowded with mortals and the chaos lands being... well, the chaos lands and therefore being unsurvivable.

--Create the Boroi (2 General Acts, 1 War Act)
Strong, Rather dull of mind yet cunning, the Boroi are humanoid creatures built solely for conflict. Imbued with basic knowledge of weaponry and warfare, the Boroi live for warfare, mayhem and carnage and little else. Physiologically resembling lagomorphs given a humanoid shape (colour of their fur dependant on the environment), Boroi do not reproduce by normal means instead birthing from the torso of a dead Boroi in clutches of 3-4 Boroi and Boroi young are born fully formed, capable of killing from birth and maturing to full size in a mere year.

However, as mortals being born of conflict and driven to conflict, infighting between Boroi is common and co-operation between Boroi is usually achieved through brute force and intimidation rather than diplomacy, as a result the Boroi are prone to fighting themselves if no particularly brutal warlord is present to instil the fear and discipline to focus a Boroi horde towards a particular target of said warlord's choosing. Boroi have no compunctions about eating the dead, mortal or not, as long as it is not Boroi, and thanks to their fast growing and seemingly endless supply of teeth, Boroi can generally consume all but the most indigestible plants & meat.

Built to survive anywhere on anything, Kyazir places the Boroi almost at random, expecting them to reach every part of the planet and survive there anyways.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2017, 05:59:34 am »

"I'll let ya in, you can set up shop on the Small rock circling the sun over there,"
I gesture to the comet with one hand.
>Let in Soolien
Secret things

*wakes up*
...the metreeor is orbiting the main planet now, mate, it's not just the middle of nowhere anymore.
Anyway, your spirit demon whatever friend can set up opposite side of it from the tree. Like, you take a diameter of the troon, you put one end of it on the atmostree, and the other end is where he can put his city.

(Note: this is not a counteroffer, this is adding specificications to a previous offer, and correcting it because there is no more meteor)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2017, 10:41:22 pm »

The world was still in its youth, and continued to expand as grow as the gods poured their power into the earth. Two continents Carociber and Verdance are raised to the northeast and northwest of of prima terra. The two continents could not be any different.

Verdance boasts predominantly temperate climate with the northern reaches giving way to taiga and the southernmost fading into subtropical/mediterranean climates. It's rivers flow (or, would flow, if there was water in them) across the continent, with three major rivers; two terminating in the south and a third ending in the east. With the odd cluster of mountains and a few lone mountains springing forth from the landscape surrounded by hill-land, river valleys & plains. The landscape was beautiful, the vies from the high hills allowing breathtaking views of the majestic rivervalleys.

Carociber was a twisted land covered in windswept plains marked by upheavals of rocks, creating eddies and howling winds as the air cuts across the twisty jagged lands. It holds a vast lake in the south, and a few minor rivers lead either into it or the sea, mostly the result of underground springs. Spires of twisting rock jut into the sky in unnatural and chaotic angles, winding like staircases into the dreary sky. Almost perfect stone orbs of various sizes can be found just sitting across the continent, their origin and make unknown. Nigh invisible crevasses are found in the western badlands, which will engulf many an unknowing inhabitant like a jagged hungry mouth. Volcanic activity is common here, sulfur springs, tiny volcanoes, and ever shifting trickles of lava dot the entire landscape.

Yet the distinction between the two neighboring continents only grows wider as life springs forth upon each of them.

Life was coaxed from Verdance by the passing god of creation, a plan agreed to by the gods of this world was implemented. The creation god began with the trees. Vast numbers of mundane trees spread across temperate and tropical areas, creating forests and jungles across Verdance, Pangea, and Carociber.

The temperate forest biome is created. It contains two types of trees. One is analogous to pine trees. They were smooth barked, with almost no abrasion to their hardy bark. Their branches were straight and pointed. Simply smooth spines protruding from the trunk, ending in a sharp point. Smaller straight spines extend from these, and finally the photosynthetic needles. Secondly there are the leafy trees. Their bark is a series of bands which protrude from the the trunk and branches, giving it an undulating rough bark. Its branches are windy and have pearly green circular leaves. The straight trees continue much further into the taiga than the windy trees. It produces a woody nut.  A whole host of birds live in these trees eating leaves, needles, and nuts. The most notable is a a blue and red bird, it's call is very melodic and they tend to gather in massive swarms, creating chirping orchestras. A type of mammal lives among the forest floor. It looks like a deer and a squirrel mixed into one strange creature. Hooves, long fluffy tail, deer face, but squirrel teeth. It grows to the size of an earth deer and it eats plant matter off the forest floor. A predator exists here, a large bird, incapable of flight. However, its strong legs allow it to leap like a frog, snatching its prey in one almost instantaneous movement. Its feathers are mottled and bland, giving it good camouflage. However, the underside of its vestigial wings is entirely coated in bright glowing feathers, which vary in color from individual to individual. These glowwings use this to intimidate other members of their species, and attract mates. Insects too thrive in this area, mostly beetles and small winged insects which feed off decaying plant matter and the trees themselves.

The tropical area however is quite different. It only has one kind of tree, the fruiting bulbbranch. These trees are fairly standard junglelike trees, but their branches end in wooden clublike bulbs. Its thought that these store water and nutrients. It produces a small berrylike fruit typically from the bulblike branch ends. Living among the trees are several species of tree shrimp. The strange multileged creatures come in various shades of browns and greens, and they live among the trees, jumping from branch to branch using their strong tails, and eat plant matter throughout the tropical biome. These are hunted by type of monkey, the blackspot monkey. This monkey is named because it has a black spot on its forehead and on its chest. Its omnivorous and grows to be about two feet long with an additional two feet of tail. Reptiles roam these jungles, large scaled beasts which hunt like jaguars, and have large canines for holding onto prey. They have the ability to change their scalecolor slightly. Lastly a kind of vine grows in these jungles, it is a red vine, which gives it the appearance of a vein. It is a predatory plant which not only sucks the nutrients out of host trees, but has large pitcherlike cups for trapping and digesting of the millions of insects living in the area.

As life springs forth across the three lands, water fills the lowlands between the continents. First is the gift from the rat monster. His ocean contains high levels of brine and dissolved metals. Flakes of iron and gold turn this water into a dense inhospitable area near the bottom of the ocean. These deposits partially precipitate out of the water, giving the bottom of the world a metalic sand. Life here is incredibly difficult, and only two creatures survives here. The ratfish. A long hairy eel with the head of a rat. It feeds off the second creature, a plantlike colonial bacteria which grows in large mats. These bacteria feed off the metals and salts, allowing them slow and meager existence. The ratfish graze on these bacteria mats, exuding densely packed poop nuggets of various metal compositions.

The second ocean is piled ontop of the ratmonster's, who was greatly amused and pleased by his gift. This ocean is more mundane and has the proper amount of salt, the difference in salinity and composition preventing the two from mixing. This ocean has a large amount of drifting seaweed that roots it selves in the shallows near the continents. It also has a large amount of plankton drifting in the open ocean.

Yet the ecosystems didn't stop there. Two more came into existence shortly afterwards. On Verdance a wild grasslands takes hold of great swathes of lands. Green and yellow grasses turn the area into waving fields of dense tall grasses. Large herbivorous mammals roam the land. They resemble a mix between bison and hippopotamuses. Smaller creatures, lizards and mice, hunt small insects in the ocean of grass. The largest predator here is actually an insect, a relative of the tree shrimp. These grass lobsters measure a foot and a half long including their armored tail. They hunt the rodents, lizards, and insects in the grasslands. The Bisopptamuses have nothing to fear and live long boring lives grazing on the unending buffet of grass. Towering high among the grass, they appear majestic and calm in the beautiful rolling hills and prairies of Verdance.

Life develops on the world's moon. Exotic bottle trees are imported to the moon and take root among any exposed soil they can find between the giant roots of the skytree. Some even manage to take root in areas where the roots naturally channel water. Among these trees, and upon the massive branches of the skytree itself bottlebears appear. These green and brown ursine creatures climb through the trees eating their leaves and their sweet watery fruit. The produce large amounts of fat and protein, mostly in their limbs to aid with climbing.

Life draws to a close, and the ecosystems establish themselves. It seems the great expansion of life has drawn to an end.

Now mortals begin appearing across the world. In Verdance, the Tasatha appear. These short elven creatures are born with a natural resistance to magic, and thus cannot manipulate the magical forces themselves. They have blue or purple skin, with great variety from the deepest of blues to the most dark of purples, almost black. Their hair is always a color complimentary to their skin. They are quickthinking beings, able to think logically and have a natural inclination to strategy. They are strong and beautiful creatures. They are truly children of a war god. They can, in the heat of battle, enter a cool calm mentality, thinking and calculating, strategizing, appearing as dark calm visages of beauty. At least until they efficiently and effectively murder their target. These mortals quickly inhabit the grasslands of Verdance and, to a lesser degree, the jungles and temperate forests.

In stark contrast the Boroi are a brutish and powerful race. While the Tasthas true strength lays in their mind, the Boroi are beings of force and might. They are driven to carnage and destruction, have a natural understanding of weapondry and warfare. They are rodentlike in appearance, appearing like bodybuilding rabitlike humanoids. They are quite capable of growing fur that best suites their environment. The terrifying rabbitmen are so prone to combat that infighting between them is common, and their various tribes are ruled by merciless warlords. War rages between them, on individual and societal levels, constantly. The most interesting aspect of this mortal is its reproduction. They do not mate (which explains why they're so angry all the time), but instead their children burst forth from the slain corpse of a dead Boroi hours after their death. This gives the babies a good first meal and gives them a headstart in their bloody and violent life. Even from birth these mortals innately know how to fight, kill, and eat. Pacts of these mortals spring up across the world, gaining small footholds on all the continents. However the majority of these mortals live in the northern reaches of Verdance.

A third race of mortals, the Duro, are placed upon pangea by Typheus. These mortals once belonged to another world, but have now been bought and placed upon this one by the god of monsters. The greyskinned golden eyed humans are naturally resistant to magic. Their bodies becoming hardened against it through terrible terrible experiments by a race which strangled itself to death with its own power.

A fourth race of mortals is created by the god of life and order Julius. These avian mortals stand four feet tall and resemble the combination of birds of prey and humans. They live in the treetops where the jungle and the forest of pangea bleed into eachother. The Incilatro have wings and are quite capable of gliding, but self-propelled flight is beyond their ability. They split into two groups after a time. While both are omnivores, those that live in the jungle become hunters and live a hunting lifestyle based around tracking and catching their prey, often competing with the large lizards which roams the jungle. The forest Incilatro prefer a gathering lifestyle gathering nuts and fruit from the bounty of the forest. In both cases they live in large groups, coming together for safety against the elements and dangers of the world.

Finally, the great influx of mortals slows and the races begin to to situate themselves upon the world. However, the appearance of two great monsters interrupts this process.

Calyvaro, the Blazing Ox of Valor is the first to appear. A red minotar who's horns burn with an eternal fire stands tall among the treetops of Pangaea. Its immense strength is comparable only to the gods, and its eyes burn with the fires of hate and destruction. This immense creature roams the grasslands and forests of Pangaea. It occasionally goes on rampages, burning swathes of land in a long straight path.

The second monster to appear is Eurythia, the Great Queen of the Night. She is a great chitinous monster. Her lower body resembling a centipede, hosting a great number of legs. Her torso is humanoid, covered in chitin, and has two clawed spider arms. Her 8 red glowing eyes illuminate her deltoid crest and she has a regal bearing. She commands a legion of venomous spiders and centipedes, which come to plague one jungle on Pangaea, the Jungle of Webs.

Mortal prophets are chosen by the gods, and their mythology develops.

Beneath Pangaea Anno, prophet of Tauron, comes to hear the voice of his god. The truth is revealed to him. The Annelidians are not mushrooms, born of the life god, but stones born of the god of earth! This revelation is staggering to Anno, for he believed the many beasts that roamed the caverns were the dull creations of the earth, and he the descendant of the noble mushroom. His belief system is destroyed by the voice of god! Anno knows what he must do, those in the stable caverns would not be convinced so quickly, but he could prove the existence of Tauron. He travels to the twisting tunnels and, by the word of Tauron, predicts their routes. He is quickly welcomed as a great oracle, and the number of those lost and trapped in the tunnels drops to nothing. Many annelidians come to owe Anno their lives, and the people of this area abandon their previous beliefs and come to worship Tauron!

Another prophet appears on the moon of this planet. A Sciro named Xik hears the word of Acter and is filled with acter's power. New skills come so quickly to Xik that many Sciro see him as a great source of wisdom and skill. When the time comes for the moon to expand, he leads many Sciro up onto the tree of salvation, telling them that they will soon see that the tree is actually the creation of Acter. Many do not believe him, but most follow, if only to see his prophecy fail to come to light. It does not fail, and the Sciro, even Xik, are stunned as the earth trembles and grows outward. Boulders and rocks growing and spreading out, far beyond the horizon. In time, many will come to worship Acter as the planter of the Great Tree, giver of land, and try to follow his methods of discovery. Though the pace is slow, many begin to question the world and try to discover knowledge.

A great slab of stone descends from the sky and plants itself firmly near the Duro. It states thus:

"The worthy slayer of a child of Typheus shall be granted power beyond mortal understanding.
To those bearing the aspects of Might and Bravery, heed my challenge.
Typheus, god of Might, Bravery, and Monsters awaits you."

The Duro know not what to do, but eventually build their society around the stone. They come to offer worship to Typheus, praying and hoping that the Bringer of Death, does not send monsters to crush and devour them. They know not what else to do, and come to be a fearful and scared people. Living in constant fear that any moment the words of the slab may begin to glow, signalling their impending fate.

A strange and mysterious city appears on the moon, it's exact details seem to be in flux.

The angel Rycial appears. Powerful gods, many of your mortals know not of the light and of the glory it holds. I offer a powerful artifact, a weapon composed entirely of light. It's power to slay evil is unmatched, while it passes through the innocent without harm. The holy weapon appears as the most common weapon of the time, changing to best fit its wielder. I offer this artifact to whichever god can prove they are more righteous than all the rest.

A monster of wind attempts to enter your world! It is a terrifying beast, composed of tornadoes and it screams with fury. It seeks the destruction of all things, and will stop at nothing until the world has been blown to bits. It's power is mighty, but no match for the gods. A total of three acts will prevent its entry into your world.

Typheus (Nakeen)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rexilium (Crazyabe)

Tauron (ShadowClaw777)

Acter ( Glass)

Kyazir (Taricus)

Julius (Doubloon-Seven)

The Incilatro begin to tell their stories of how the world came into being. In their folklore, the Incilatro believe that they were once the fruit of trees. Yet one day, one of the many birds of the forest laid its egg inside a particularly big fruit. From that egg, the first Incilatro was born. This is why the Incilatro  cannot fly, because they are not truly birds, but fruit. And, much like fruit, they live in trees, and like birds they have wings. But they cannot be completely birds, for they cannot fly, so the reasonable conclusion is that they are fruitbirds.

The Tasatha have a very strange mythology. The myth states that the great ocean of night sky once covered the entire world. It was not confined to the heavens as it is now, but its blue-black wonder once touched the earth. However, at some point a great drought struck the lands and the ocean of night began to dry up. Most blame the sun for this. Slowly land emerged as the sky evaporated like a still lake, only in small bubbles, but those land bubbles grew larger with time. Eventually the sun rose and sliced through the darkness, forever pushing it away from the earth. Yet some of the sky was separated from the great expanse, trapped on earth in puddles. It is from these puddles that the Tasatha were born, and upon their death, their essence will return to the part of the sky which matches their skin color, for that is where they truly belong.

The Boroi could not have less of a mythology if they tried. And they often do. They believe that once there was only one Boroi, which lived a peaceful and quiet life. This life was so unbearable that the Boroi eventually became enraged and, in their anger, killed themselves. A terrible terrible act for a Boroi. From that first act of violence the Boroi were born. Now all Boroi are born, live, and die in violence. To do otherwise is to be insane, and suicidal. Nonviolent boroi are normally killed out of fear of them spreading insanity.

Not long after the Incilatro expand into a full race that a hero emerges among them. A levelheaded mediator Cekh was selected by Julius to be his voice. Cekh was told the true creation story of his people, and was given power over plants in a druidic fashion. This terrified the raptorperson. His entire life he believed he was a fruit and was one with the trees, not he is told that he is the child of a skyking who grows the forests like grass. It was a lot to take in, so Cekh shared this information with the people. He showed them the druid powers, and he told them that a god of life created them. But they did not believe him. While he was a great mediator, he could not persuade the people so easily. Most believed that he was intuned with nature, but they didn't buy into the idea of a god creating them. They mostly just said that the fruit in his soul was particularly potent and thats why he could grow the fruits and move the trees. The idea of gods was superstition to them, for it was so obvious to the average Incilatro that his powers were related to fruit, so he must be a fruit. Frustrated, Cekh was given these powers, but it would take time to dissuade the people of their believed mythology.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 05:41:53 pm by Roboson »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2017, 12:23:43 am »

"I humbly thank you, Acter, and Rexilium, for allowing me entrance into your abode. Let me begin my work.

On the far end of the Tree-moon, a city forms [1 Act]. Not out of wood, but crystalline rock, hewn together like interlocking muscle. This city breathed. It conformed to whosoever lived within, suiting the needs and wants of its inhabitants perfectly, even to the point of becoming like unto their very natures [1 Act].

To sustain itself, the city drew magic from the very air, siphoning mana from without to within, giving extended life and magical vitality to whomever dwelled inside [1 Act].  The gods that allowed Soolien were the keepers of the keys, and only they could directly alter the city to their liking, thanks to certain eldritch enchantments [1 Act].

And lastly, to allow equal opportunity for all to experience it, the city ( which has yet to be given a name ) gave itself many doors, which would appear all throughout the world, always 3, never more or less. The doors would appear and disappear without any seeming rhyme or reason, but always hovering around heavily populated places in the world. [1 Act].
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2017, 07:43:56 am »

Typheus was forced to admit they had a new universe-mate.
"I acknowledge your residency, Soolien. I hope your goals and means won't collide with ours, and that coexistence can be achieved."

Such formalities taken care off, the god of Monsters observed the world, and more specifically, the mortals. He had few interest in some gods environmental kinks.

He first saw the Duro, and witnessed their cowardice. He was saddened, but not disappointed. Quite the reverse, he saw the an even greater potential in them. For if a being of courage were to rise among them, the potential of his legend would transform his kin. After all, courage was born from fear, and the flame of bravery shone even brighter in the heart of cowards. He decided to let them find their way by themselves for now. Rushing them was unneeded, as their history was still young.

Then he saw Kyazir's Tasatha. They were naturally blessed with the aspects of their creator, and for that their potential was great. They were a fine vessel for future heroes, but he still favored the Duro's potential. Either way, he had no power left to bless Verdance with one of his children. The Tasatha's day would come, but now was not the time yet.

He saw Kyazir's Boroi too. Impressive mortals, obviously created to embody conflict. But to Typheus, they were too close to monsters than mortals in their primal state. As such, they weren't good material for legends right now. All that was left was to let time tell if the Boroi would change or not.

Finally, he saw Julius' Incilatro. The way they split pleased Typheus, and he saw in them a great potential. They showed a capacity to adapt, that would surely give birth to impressive individuals.

The Annelidians and the Sciro didn't interest him yet, as they were respectively supported by Tauron and Acter. While he himself preferred letting mortals guide themselves, he respected his fellow gods desire to guide their mortals.

(...)

The angel Rycial appears. Powerful gods, many of your mortals know not of the light and of the glory it holds. I offer a powerful artifact, a weapon composed entirely of light. It's power to slay evil is unmatched, while it passes through the innocent without harm. The holy weapon appears as the most common weapon of the time, changing to best fit its wielder. I offer this artifact to whichever god can prove they are more righteous than all the rest.

"Your intentions are noble, Rycial. I myself am a god who believes in a righteousness you may disagree with.
To me, as long as mortals carve their own path, then such path is a right one.
Were they to suffer from the evil born from their choices, that would be right.
Were they to prosper from the good born from their choices, that would be right too.
But were a divine one to corrupt the path of mortals into evil, that would be wrong, and I would work to undo such corruption.
Now, I wish you will find a god worthy of your gift among our pantheon."

A monster of wind attempts to enter your world! It is a terrifying beast, composed of tornadoes and it screams with fury. It seeks the destruction of all things, and will stop at nothing until the world has been blown to bits. It's power is mighty, but no match for the gods. A total of three acts will prevent its entry into your world. [/i]
"A beast of destruction, such power used for a primitive purpose. A true shame. Fellow gods, I have an idea. To turn this beast of destruction into a beast of protection. If you lend me your powers, I can tame this monster and have it become a protector of the world. As this monster wouldn't have been sired by my powers, I would abstain myself from using its might for my own purposes alone."

Proposal to other gods: lend me 6 Acts to tame the Wind Monster and turn it into a protector of the world.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2017, 08:12:00 am »

"I humbly thank you, Acter, and Rexilium, for allowing me entrance into your abode. Let me begin my work.

On the far end of the Tree-moon, a city forms [1 Act]. Not out of wood, but crystalline rock, hewn together like interlocking muscle. This city breathed. It conformed to whosoever lived within, suiting the needs and wants of its inhabitants perfectly, even to the point of becoming like unto their very natures [1 Act].

To sustain itself, the city drew magic from the very air, siphoning mana from without to within, giving extended life and magical vitality to whomever dwelled inside [1 Act].  The gods that allowed Soolien were the keepers of the keys, and only they could directly alter the city to their liking, thanks to certain eldritch enchantments [1 Act].

And lastly, to allow equal opportunity for all to experience it, the city ( which has yet to be given a name ) gave itself many doors, which would appear all throughout the world, always 3, never more or less. The doors would appear and disappear without any seeming rhyme or reason, but always hovering around heavily populated places in the world. [1 Act].
Mhhmn. My apologies for doubting you, mate; that's quite the city. I have already informed my prophet of its presence; it should soon find inhabitants.
Note: Xikla is informed of the city and its properties, and encouraged to have people go to it.
Also, Acter uses his Key to exert some minor influence over the doors, trying to make them slightly more likely to visit the Incilatro.

Now, though, I think this place needs a bit more life...

Split one of my Application Acts into two minor Application Acts.
The first is used to create a plant, called flotsam. It is grasslike in appearance, and grows across the Troon. They grow to great heights, but break into pieces easily in the wind. However, the broken pieces can still survive floating through the air, and it is in fact a part of its life cycle: once in the air, it develops air bubbles that allow it to remain floating lazily through the sky. After about a month like this, it will deposit its seeds, and while it will continue to float, it will cease to be alive.
The second is used to create a bird, called the silverwing due to their coloration. It is similar in appearance to a duck, though somewhat smaller and lighter, and, of course, colored silver. They not only eat Flotsam, but also collect it to create nests that float through the air, often gathering together and creating vast sheets of flotsam upon which they nest.

And Acter was pleased with his work.

Acter heard the Angel's call, and he heeded it.
Hail to you, Rycial! I am Acter; you... likely already knew that, but it never hurts to introduce oneself.
I should simply like you to know... I want the best for the mortals. If they had the opportunity to live without fear of danger, without worry of starvation, with the chance to simply do what they pleased, to better themselves as they see fit, I would be happy. I believe that with your weapon, they would have the means to protect themselves from the evils that may keep them from such a golden age.
If you should deem me worthy to be the keeper of this artifact, I would be immensely grateful.

A monster of wind attempts to enter your world! It is a terrifying beast, composed of tornadoes and it screams with fury. It seeks the destruction of all things, and will stop at nothing until the world has been blown to bits. It's power is mighty, but no match for the gods. A total of three acts will prevent its entry into your world. [/i]
"A beast of destruction, such power used for a primitive purpose. A true shame. Fellow gods, I have an idea. To turn this beast of destruction into a beast of protection. If you lend me your powers, I can tame this monster and have it become a protector of the world. As this monster wouldn't have been sired by my powers, I would abstain myself from using its might for my own purposes alone."

Proposal to other gods: lend me 6 Acts to tame the Wind Monster and turn it into a protector of the world.
Although I do not have much to lend, I support this plan. Should others be able to provide the other Acts you may need, I would be willing to provide my one non-spherical Act.
Note: should we fail to gather the power necessary to at the least turn away the windbeast, this Act will instead be used to protect the Troon from its destructive force.

*thinking*
*realizes something*
[running after the departing botanist mage] Wait! I'd like those reverse trees, also on the Troon! Here's a minor Act!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:49:38 pm by Glass »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28