Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creating Ermac  (Read 1149 times)

asialsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Creating Ermac
« on: October 07, 2017, 05:58:39 pm »

Yes, the Mortal Kombat character made of a legion of souls. In the latest Future of the Fortress post, it was revealed that the framework for multiple "souls" was already in place for things such as possession. (and I mean "real" possession, not fortress mode ghost tantrums)

If there isn't a state flag (is_possessed:yes/no) for adventure mode possession, but rather keeps seperate track of entities, you could, hypothetically, get possessed multiple times in a row. A dynamic between souls was brought up, and it just begs the question:

How many souls can your adventurer collect before they get buried? It's like Pokémon for goth kids!

If this becomes possible in future versions, I swear by my beard that I will collect so many souls that Armok will strike me down FEAR ME!
Off defending the fortress from dragons with a tank, I'm sure.
"All I want is for you to be happy. You won't be happy until I'm happy, so hurry up and shoot the zombies!"

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Creating Ermac
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 10:15:10 pm »

Yes, the Mortal Kombat character made of a legion of souls. In the latest Future of the Fortress post, it was revealed that the framework for multiple "souls" was already in place for things such as possession. (and I mean "real" possession, not fortress mode ghost tantrums)

If there isn't a state flag (is_possessed:yes/no) for adventure mode possession, but rather keeps seperate track of entities, you could, hypothetically, get possessed multiple times in a row. A dynamic between souls was brought up, and it just begs the question:

How many souls can your adventurer collect before they get buried? It's like Pokémon for goth kids!

If this becomes possible in future versions, I swear by my beard that I will collect so many souls that Armok will strike me down FEAR ME!

I can foresee magic power of a character getting stronger with the more souls he/she collects in some worlds. So... lots of rampages, because people want to become unstoppable.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 03:24:26 am »

okay so this is possible to do in a make a being that's a bunch of souls in dwarf fortress with Dfhack
as the game Can and will allow you to stuff a unit/creature with as many souls you can.
that said there's is basically a main soul and the unit is tied to a historical id that keeps track to what they do and what not.
combine with rose's telekinesis and modified launch you can just go around throwing folks and objects.

which I think either warmist's resurrection script did something with porting your soul to your killer and or writing a script where you just acquire someone's else soul.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 07:14:35 am »

okay so this is possible to do in a make a being that's a bunch of souls in dwarf fortress with Dfhack
as the game Can and will allow you to stuff a unit/creature with as many souls you can.
that said there's is basically a main soul and the unit is tied to a historical id that keeps track to what they do and what not.
combine with rose's telekinesis and modified launch you can just go around throwing folks and objects.

which I think either warmist's resurrection script did something with porting your soul to your killer and or writing a script where you just acquire someone's else soul.

Wait, telekinesis and launch scripts? Must-have for cat god quackery. Links?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

asialsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 12:20:00 pm »

Good ol' DFhack, for when you want to be an immortal demigod who psychically throws kittens at terminal velocity, and steals the body of any who kill their current form.

Person A: Hah, I finally killed them!
>>5 seconds later>>
Person A (Possessed): I'M the juggernaut, B****!
Off defending the fortress from dragons with a tank, I'm sure.
"All I want is for you to be happy. You won't be happy until I'm happy, so hurry up and shoot the zombies!"