Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The forgotten beast to rule them all!  (Read 2788 times)

Shadowdragon00

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill the elves with the bear you "borrowed"
    • View Profile
The forgotten beast to rule them all!
« on: October 08, 2017, 04:48:25 pm »

Over the years in my current fortress 3 forgotten beast have embarked into my domain. Luckily the caves they roam are sealed of.The first forgotten beast is a blob that is literately a flaming tornado of fire.He killed the other two forgotten beast without a scratch.I don't dare to attack him.Anyways what is the most powerful forgotten beast you have seen?     

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: The forgotten beast to rule them all!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 05:44:08 pm »

My personal nightmare is a skinless viper with external ribs that kills literally everything it encounters by biting their heads off.

But for Bay12 as a whole it's probably Stuzang, the destroyer of the Battlefailed succession game.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 06:46:37 pm »

I had an iron tarantula with flaming breath. It would web the dwarves, then burn them. It actually took on a trio of trolls, a cave ogre, a squad of master+ dwarves in masterwork steel with tons of animals like giant rhinos and jabberers, a bronze colossi who was missing an arm, and even the diamond bat who came through as well. In the end I managed to trap it in, flooring over the upper layer and using statues as bait to build walls around it.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 07:16:59 pm »

By the way, did forgotten beasts attack each other in 0.34? Because there are currently 9 in my basements.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 05:56:05 pm »

I had an iron tarantula with flaming breath. It would web the dwarves, then burn them. It actually took on a trio of trolls, a cave ogre, a squad of master+ dwarves in masterwork steel with tons of animals like giant rhinos and jabberers, a bronze colossi who was missing an arm, and even the diamond bat who came through as well. In the end I managed to trap it in, flooring over the upper layer and using statues as bait to build walls around it.

I'm sorry but all I can see is a mad-scientist dwarf in a giant robot tarantula with a mounted flamethrower laughing maniacally.

EDIT:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:11:02 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 10:43:27 am »

You literally just described Loveless from Wild Wild West there.

I applaud that.

StarWars1981

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 04:57:53 pm »

A three-eyed giant rabbit (maybe one-eyed?) with deadly spittle that never did anything.

Or maybe the skinless salamander with deadly something-or-other that never affected anything.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 02:38:19 am »

The most deadly I remember getting was a firebreathing one eyed gorilla, with green scales and a regal bearing. It completely devastated my 200 dwarf strong fortress. Granted the militia was fairly small, only 25 dwarves. Honorable mention goes to the sauropod that gassed all the soldiers (nasty stuff, extreme pain followed shortly by stopping the victim's heart, only a few marksdwarves survived and even then only because they were able to close the door to their firing position in time) I had ambush it.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 08:29:21 am »

That forgotten beast cave spider I had that killed the whole military. So I poured magma on it. It was magma immune... However it was not immune to dwarf blood steam explosions that tore it apart when the magma hit the blood it was coated in.

Never forget.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 08:36:13 am »

A steel blob with dust that did something nasty, I can't remember. Killed a fort about 300 strong, with about half of that being military. With the lag at that point from having so many dwarves, the massacre took about an IRL week.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 01:25:52 pm »

A steel blob with dust that did something nasty, I can't remember. Killed a fort about 300 strong, with about half of that being military. With the lag at that point from having so many dwarves, the massacre took about an IRL week.

iirc the only ways to kill a blob are by making them bleed out, beating them to death (which only works with materials as strong or stronger than whatever the blob is made of) or killing them with a cave-in. Blobs made of metal don't bleed and are usually made of a very strong material and so are essentially unkillable unless you bury them under a bunch of rock.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 01:45:23 pm »

iirc the only ways to kill a blob are by making them bleed out, beating them to death (which only works with materials as strong or stronger than whatever the blob is made of) or killing them with a cave-in. Blobs made of metal don't bleed and are usually made of a very strong material and so are essentially unkillable unless you bury them under a bunch of rock.

I am in your fort.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 01:57:59 pm »

I had a steel webbing one that seemed to be unstoppable.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 04:04:42 am »

A webbed cage trap should also work, right?