Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Kill the Mayor - Exposition!  (Read 30353 times)

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill the Mayor - Dystopian Future roll to dodge/die (Not dead yet!)
« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2017, 02:48:19 am »

Hank:

Ignore my fallen quarry, check out what's causing the glow.

Leaving the man you've been sprinting after on the ground, you turn right and begin walking towards the glow in the distance. You feel quite tired after the amount of hard sprinting you've been doing; you can feel your breathing in your ears. Nonetheless you walk a fair ways in the direction of the glow, but it doesn't seem to get much closer. There seem to be about five or six of the large glowing mushrooms between you and it, but they seem to be spaced further apart further away from the water. You predict that it would take a little under an hour to reach the glow, and most of that would be spent in relative darkness.

Patrick
[WIL: 3-1]
As you lay helpless on the ground, you begin experiencing periods of blackness among all the pain and disorientation.

Eddie Bard
Search for a large piece of metal and then walk up to the mushroom. Swing the metal at the mushroom like an axe, and try to chop the mushroom down. If I succeed, then examine the inside of the mushroom. If something attacks me, then flee.

You identify and pick up one of the larger metal flakes, about twice as wide across as one of your hands is long. You walk up to the mushroom, from within which you can hear a faint buzzing noise, and [STR: 3,4 T] swing the flake ineffectually against the stalk of he mushroom, barely scratching it but causing it to shudder slightly. The buzzing noise from inside stops.
[STR: 6,6 T, Crit: 6,6 T] ((OOC: That's one hell of a roll. Dice>coins I guess))
You swing the flake again, this time both angling it properly and drawing in a saw-like motion as it hits the stalk, as well as standing in a proper stance and gripping it better so that you can safely use more of your strength without fear of cutting your hands. This time you manage to hack a little more than halfway through the fungal flesh (the stem being about 30cm thick). You think it might be better to simply push it over or begin cutting from the other side at this point, but before you can act on that thought you notice that the gills above you are suddenly swarming with the larger, living insects. Far, far more than you can count. You realise that something may not yet have attacked you yet, but in all likelihood these insects will if you continue. Deciding this constitutes cause for fleeing, you back off about halfway to the edge of the mushroom's light, more or less 7m away.

Scav:
Reply to the helmeted man: "Yeah, they're dead." I look around at the assembled group and cough awkwardly, before saying: "So look, there looks ta be plenty here to kill us, even if we don't polish each other of firs', so how 'bout we call a ceasefire? I don't know any of you lot, but you're at leas' not tryna kill me... " Squint at Bobross "Least not at the current moment. An' it sounds like at least some of us got a common goal"

Steeve:

Replying to the bushy man:apologies for running you over earlier. A ceasefire would be a good idea as I gather we all want to kill the mayor? My name is Steeve. Pleasure to meet you

Clean off the spear head and try to find some cloth to use as a carry sling

Corvald
Check the bodies for anything that might reveal something about our situation.

Bobross:

Tear a piece of my shirt off to use as makeshift bandages for my hands. Walk in the general direction of everyone else.

OOC Sorry for late

Tablerace

"Yes, yes the mayor must..must perish."

Remain further silent and wait for them to continue speaking.

The Scene by the Mushroom  - For the Blind

You hear the gruff voice respond to your earlier question with "Yeah, they're dead." There is a long pause before you hear an awkward cough and the gruff voice continues. "So look, there looks ta be plenty here to kill us, even if we don't polish each other of firs', so how 'bout we call a ceasefire? I don't know any of you lot, but you're at leas' not tryna kill me... " He trails off, then says "Least not at the current moment. An' it sounds like at least some of us got a common goal."
A very plain sounding voice - not very deep, not very high, and you think it may be the same one you heard screaming for help earlier, says apologies for running you over earlier. A ceasefire would be a good idea as I gather we all want to kill the mayor? My name is Steeve. Pleasure to meet you.
You voice your assent "Yes, yes the mayor must..must perish."

Meanwhile you've been hearing some shuffling around and movement on the flakes but you're not sure exactly what it means.

The Scene by the Mushroom

Remembering the helmeted man's earlier question, the scruffy wrench-man replies with "Yeah, they're dead.", before glancing around at the assembled group: A bushy man with a big ol' wrench (that being himself), a huge, scary man with cut up hands, an old man with a burnt face and a bloody left hand (which doesn't really match the rest of his skintone), a small man with a spear, and a tall, pale man with a helmet and a sturdy pipe as a staff all stand over a discarded spear and two pale, almost-naked bodies; one lying on his back in a pool of blood, the other's head turned into a pool of blood.
He coughs awkwardly and, after a pause, says "So look, there looks ta be plenty here to kill us, even if we don't polish each other of firs', so how 'bout we call a ceasefire? I don't know any of you lot, but you're at leas' not tryna kill me... " he trails off, squinting at the huge man who had punched him in the jaw earlier, before continuing with  "Least not at the current moment. An' it sounds like at least some of us got a common goal"
The small man pipes up: apologies for running you over earlier. A ceasefire would be a good idea as I gather we all want to kill the mayor? My name is Steeve. Pleasure to meet you
The helmeted man also voices his agreement: "Yes, yes the mayor must..must perish."

Meanwhile, the large man has been ripping strips from his shirt and [DEX: 5] wrapping them around his hands. Not too immobilising, and the blood flow seems to have mostly stopped as a result. He's also moved securely into place in the circle of people. The old man has been active too, searching the bodies of the fallen assailants. The one whose skull is no longer structurally sound had nothing on him but his scraps of bone and cloth clothing, while the other one, who appears to have bled out through his thigh, was wearing a metal mask over the bottom half of his face and had a pouch under his clothing on his side containing small bones. He also had an anklet that seemed to be made of human ears.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2017, 03:04:30 am »

Hank:

Stay low, creep towards the glow.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

LugeTheHuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2017, 08:10:12 am »

Bobross:

Look around the circle, trying to get an idea of everyone's faces.
Why are we killing the mayor?

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2017, 01:08:07 pm »

Eddie Bard
Observe the insects closely and try to understand why the insects are so interested in the mushroom.
Insert witty signature here

FunVake

• Bay Watcher
  • Adam kom Eerste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2017, 04:35:48 pm »

Tablerace.

He is the mayor. The mayor must die. It is known.

It means...means. we need means. I heard unarmed fighting, we must strip the bodies.
Tablerace 0

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2017, 11:08:23 pm »

Corvald
Nod, wear the mask and take the pouch.

Monarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2017, 12:01:40 pm »

Scav:
Say to the large man: "Like Mr. Enforcer said, e's gotta die, an' thats enough fer me." Gesture to the helmeted man and say: "And 'es got a point. Sumthin deep down's tellin me we ain't gonna kill the mayor with sticks and scraps. Though... " Looks down at corpses "That seems te be all this lot was carryin." Stares at the corpses for a second " Oh and s'far as names go, I guess I'll need one, so you can all call me, uh, Scav.

DJDALA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2017, 11:10:48 am »

Steeve:

"Nice to meet you scav", "Does anyone know where we are, I can't remember anything before waking up:|"

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2017, 12:09:58 pm »

Hank:

Stay low, creep towards the glow.

[AGI: 4+1]
You creep quietly along, making slow progress towards the glow. Your breathing gradually gets back to normal as you go. You get to the first of the luminescent mushrooms, not seeing or hearing anything of note along the way. According to your previous estimate, you figure you're about one sixth of the way there.

Patrick:
[WIL: 3-1]

Your entire chest feels like it's on fire, a flaming brand struck through your heart. But, slowly, the pain gives way. You feel a sense of cool calmness embrace you, starting at your fingers and toes and slowly branching out. Eventually it reaches that hive of agony in your chest and washes it away, to be replaced by a comfortable cold. It's very comfortable here. you find yourself closing your eyes. It's alright, it's so comfortable now, you'll just have a nap and then you'll be alright, everything is good, you can sleep now, it's all...
fine...

You slip away into darkness.

Eddie Bard
Observe the insects closely and try to understand why the insects are so interested in the mushroom.

You stare intently at the insects, trying to ascertain the reasons for their behavior. They haven't chased you since you stopped attempting to chop down the mushroom, and now they're just milling around the mushroom again. You notice one of them seems to be carrying another insect as it flies into the gills. There are still a lot of them hanging around outside the mushroom, which they weren't doing before. You ponder it hard but you can't quite figure out what all this is for.

Bobross:

Look around the circle, trying to get an idea of everyone's faces.
Why are we killing the mayor?

You look around at the assembled group. To your left is the wild hedge. His matty, wild hair obscures his face slightly, but there's an intelligence to the glint of his eyes. His face is lined and craggy, but not particularly old. He seems to have had a hard life. To you right is the tall, pale, helmeted man. It's impossible to make out a face; his helmet doesn't reveal anything. The helmet is odd though. It's a very deep, matte black with no visible seams, and, notably, no slots or holes. There are no edges on it aside from at the base where his neck exits, and the shape is a simple, smooth ovoid roughly corresponding with the shape of a human head. You're not entirely sure what it's made of, but it looks sturdy. However, you wonder if he can even see out if it. Directly across from you in the rough circle is the small man with the spear; who called himself Steeve. You really can't see anything distinguishing about him aside from his height: he has average-looking features, average looking hair, and wears on expression of mild fear and confusion. Lastly is the old man sitting in the middle of the circle, next to the bodies of the assailants. His face is not a fun thing to look at. The skin is mottled and shiny, bumpy and purplish. It's clear that at some stage his face was badly burned; however, his eyes seem undamaged, and very keen: darting this way and that, resting on something, assessing it, resting on the next thing. If anything of his intentions is written on his face, it's written in a language you don't know, but his age is written in the wrinkles on his neck and shoulders.

((OOC: if anyone feels the description I gave them here is wrong, just make an ooc comment and I'll change it))

Tablerace.

He is the mayor. The mayor must die. It is known.

It means...means. we need means. I heard unarmed fighting, we must strip the bodies.

Corvald
Nod, wear the mask and take the pouch.

Scav:
Say to the large man: "Like Mr. Enforcer said, e's gotta die, an' thats enough fer me." Gesture to the helmeted man and say: "And 'es got a point. Sumthin deep down's tellin me we ain't gonna kill the mayor with sticks and scraps. Though... " Looks down at corpses "That seems te be all this lot was carryin." Stares at the corpses for a second " Oh and s'far as names go, I guess I'll need one, so you can all call me, uh, Scav.

Steeve:

"Nice to meet you scav", "Does anyone know where we are, I can't remember anything before waking up:|"

Tablerace:
Having got your bearings sorted, you dig your heels in and listen hard to the ensuing conversation. You can hear all the footsteps on the ground and movements in the flakes and think that you've got them all assigned to the right people. You can hear the subtle shifts of cloth and skin, and the direction in which each person is looking as they talk. You can also hear some movement out in the water behind you, about 40m away.
((OOC: you basically get the full picture of what's going on in the following conversation))

The Scene by the Mushroom

The big man looks around the circle, his gaze resting on each face in turn, before he asks Why are we killing the mayor?
The helmeted man responds: He is the mayor. The mayor must die. It is known. He pauses for a second. It means...means. we need means. I heard unarmed fighting, we must strip the bodies.
At this, the old man nods and begins taking items off of the body he's crouching over. He secures a pouch of bones to the rags around his waist and gets around his head the straps of the metal mask the one tribal was wearing. The lower half of the old man's face is now obscured by the mask.
Meanwhile, the hedge of a man also responds to the big man: "Like Mr. Enforcer said, e's gotta die, an' thats enough fer me." He then gestures to the helmeted man and says "And 'es got a point. Sumthin deep down's tellin me we ain't gonna kill the mayor with sticks and scraps. Though... " he pauses, looking at the corpses on the ground, "That seems te be all this lot was carryin." After thinking for a second more, he adds "oh and s'far as names go, I guess I'll need one, so you can all call me, uh, Scav."
"Nice to meet you scav" says the small man, before asking with a nonplussed expression "Does anyone know where we are, I can't remember anything before waking up".

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 04:58:31 pm by Skullsploder »
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2017, 03:43:46 pm »

Hank:

Keep on trucking, stealthily.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Monarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 10, 2017, 03:42:30 am »

Scav:
Say: "Nice ain't a word I'd use in these circumstances, but I guess it works. I don't got a name for where we are, but I seen enough to know it ain't safe, so we should probably get to moving sometime soon. Unless any o' you want to hang around and find out what else hang's out on the shoreline?"

LugeTheHuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2017, 03:05:13 pm »

Bobross:

Let's move. I don't like it here.
Point in the direction of the light, aassuming that's the right place to go.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 10, 2017, 04:06:43 pm »

Eddie Bard
Search around for a different mushroom. Check if there are insects on it. If so, observe them closely and try to distinguish any differences in behavior compared to the insects on the damaged mushroom. If there are no insects on it, then use a piece of metal to cut off a small part of mushroom cap and check if it's edible.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:28:29 pm by GigaGiant »
Insert witty signature here

FunVake

• Bay Watcher
  • Adam kom Eerste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 10, 2017, 05:25:57 pm »

Tablerace.

"My name is Tablerace. Sticks and stones may yet break bones, they have weapons, we need means...means. This place...is there light?"
Tablerace 0

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 10, 2017, 08:38:55 pm »

Corvald
Follow the light.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15