Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Kill the Mayor - Exposition!  (Read 30343 times)

Monarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill the Mayor - Dystopian Future roll to dodge/die
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2017, 05:11:57 am »

I get up and ready my wrench

FunVake

• Bay Watcher
  • Adam kom Eerste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2017, 05:41:23 am »

Name-  Tablerace

skills
Perception  +2
Charisma - 1
Intelligence - 1

Perks
Spatial awareness acute - good balance.

Item, balanced by perk
Strong motorcycle helmet,  no eye hole.
Staff made of lead piping
Rags

Appearance.
Tall and lean. Pale.

Condition.
 Blinded
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 05:45:55 am by FunVake »
Tablerace 0

DJDALA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 05:54:46 am »

Upon seeing it is a human, apologise profusely

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Slime

Skills:
Willpower +1
Charisma -1

Perks:
+1 dodge

Appearance:
Short. Large beard. Permanent scowl. Hard eyes that have seen the depths of hell and despair.

Condition:
Normal

Inventory:
Rags, Wooden serrated dagger

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Get a move on, try and search for any light source, or manmade structure. Best chance of finding the Mayor.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: The Red Bear
Skills:
Physique: -2
Dexterity: -2
Agility: -2
Charisma: +10
Perception: -2
Intelligence: 0
Willpower: -2
Perks:
Can be somehow be understood by anyone/everyone, despite being a bear.
Appearance:
A friggin' bear.
Condition:
Bear-y good
Inventory:
Rags
Megaphone (I considered taking the Communist Manifesto, but then I realized that the Red Bear has it memorized by heart)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks for any indication of land and swims towards it.

You get bored of blowing ninja bubbles and try to spy out land. Being a couple dozen meters from land, this is not too difficult. You begin swimming through the chest high water towards the shore.
1-1, crit 6-1
You splash around a bunch and get a mouthful of disgusting water. After your ineffectual dog paddling gets you nowhere you very slowly wade your way to the land, picking flecks of shit out of your teeth as you go. You make it to the beach, and see to your left a standoff between a hobo and a small, boring-looking man. To your right you see a man with a very purposeful-looking cross scarred across his face

I get up and ready my wrench
You scrabble around for your wrench, regain your bearings, and get to your feet. You brandish the wrench menacingly as a small, plain looking man snickers and snarkily apologises.

Name-  Tablerace

skills
Perception  +2
Charisma - 1
Intelligence - 1

Perks
Spatial awareness acute - good balance.

Item, balanced by perk
Strong motorcycle helmet,  no eye hole.
Staff made of lead piping
Rags

Appearance.
Tall and lean. Pale.

Condition.
 Blinded

You see nothing. You cannot breathe. But you feel your way upwards to the air. As you break the surface you struggle to fill your lungs through the dripping trappings of your helmet. You see nothing. You feel grime, an oily layer of waste stuck to your skin. You feel heavy air against your limbs as you cast about. You feel ripples in the water and you hear, in the near distance, the sounds of violence.
There are more ripples coming from the direction of the noise than any other. And you think you can hear a voice.

Upon seeing it is a human, apologise profusely
3-1
You stammer out something that sounds like it what a naughty child would say upon being found scribbling on a wall. It doesn't sound very sincerely apologetic. The person you bowled over gets up and menacingly brandishes a very large piece of metal with a nasty spike on it. He looks almost feral, like a cross between a mangy dog and an unkempt hedge.

Name: Slime

Skills:
Willpower +1
Charisma -1

Perks:
+1 dodge

Appearance:
Short. Large beard. Permanent scowl. Hard eyes that have seen the depths of hell and despair.

Condition:
Normal

Inventory:
Rags, Wooden serrated dagger

You break the surface of the water and, after seeing land, begin heading towards it. You effortlessly step around all the nasty floating things you come across and deftly jump away from the jaws of a small snapping fish as you alight upon the shore. You find what appears to be a wooden dagger shoved into your loincloth. It's finely serrated, and the tips of the serrations are well-tapered and look fire-hardened. Unfortunately being soaked has reduced its hardness somewhat but hopefully when dry it should make a passable, if not terribly durable, weapon. To your left you see a man standing and staring. At you. On his greyish face is a cross. You and he are both distracted by a very bulky man noisily and violently splashing his way to land further along the shore, and you notice a standoff between a man with a big weapon and a smaller man without any weapon further along.

Get a move on, try and search for any light source, or manmade structure. Best chance of finding the Mayor.

Gazing intently inland you see a few increasingly faint light sources, distinctly similar to the light given off by the mushroom you're standing under. In addition there is a very distant glow, past all the others, that looks very different to that of the mushroom. To your right you see... somebody watching you. Maybe 30 meters away. He is short and scowling, with a large beard and a murderer's eyes. Your gaze is torn away to your left by the sound of violent splashing and a very large man wading to shore nearby. He's missing an eye, and looks like he stomps on small fluffy animals for fun. Brown teeth. Past him, you distinctly manage to make out two bodies. They look distracted by each other, and the one is wielding what looks like a large, nasty-looking pick.

((OOC: not sure which direction you would begin moving here, there's stuff to look at in all directions. You rolled very very high for perception so you basically got a full picture of everything. Lemme know your preferred course and I'll write it into this update so as to account for your "get a move on action." Hope you slept well by the way!))
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: The Red Bear
Skills:
Physique: -2
Dexterity: -2
Agility: -2
Charisma: +10
Perception: -2
Intelligence: 0
Willpower: -2
Perks:
Can be somehow be understood by anyone/everyone, despite being a bear.
Appearance:
A friggin' bear.
Condition:
Bear-y good
Inventory:
Rags
Megaphone (I considered taking the Communist Manifesto, but then I realized that the Red Bear has it memorized by heart)

Heh, gave me a chuckle, but have to flip it slightly to keep with the theme: I will allow a character that thinks he is a bear but is not actually a bear. But he can totally try to convince people he's a bear, and with a ton of charisma he may even succeed. But you have to tone down the charisma: max/min for any stat is +4/-4.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Attack the guy to my right with my brass knuckles.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Attack the guy to my right with my brass knuckles.

You begin running towards the guy to your right, readying your fists for a spot of ultra-violence

Slime:
The cross-faced man begins running towards you, brandishing his fists. They glint reflectively in the gloom. He does not look friendly.

LugeTheHuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eargerly anticipating conflict, walks towards the standoff to see what's going on.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Patrick

Phys: +1
Dex: +1
Char: -3
Per: +1
Int: +1
Will: -1

Perk: +1 to rolls during fights

Appearance: Man with a brown beard and short brown hair. Wears jeans and a white tank-top.
Inv: Rolling pin
Condition: Has mild heart problems.

((If I can still join.))

Monarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Scowl and wave wrench at the small man
I ask him, as intimidatingly as I can: Who’re you an’ where’s here?

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Glare at the man trying to punch me and walk towards him with grim determination. If he still attempts to punch me, dodge, trip him and run past him with grim determination. If not, just try to look around.

Monarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(OOC/Misc.Banter) But do you look around with grim determination though?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15