Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Kill the Mayor - Exposition!  (Read 30334 times)

DJDALA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As the hedge raises his spiked instrument, Jump backwards and shout, WAIT, I must still kill the mayor!

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(OOC/Misc.Banter) But do you look around with grim determination though?
(OOC) No. I look around with the eyes of a maiden in love. Because this is a game about love and friendship.

FunVake

• Bay Watcher
  • Adam kom Eerste.
    • View Profile

Ooc on phone.

Swim to couple dozen meters left of commotion noise
Tablerace 0

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Patrick

Phys: +1
Dex: +1
Char: -3
Per: +1
Int: +1
Will: -1

Perk: +1 to rolls during fights

Appearance: Man with a brown beard and short brown hair. Wears jeans and a white tank-top.
Inv: Rolling pin
Condition: Has mild heart problems.

((If I can still join.))

((No problem! Gonna make it so your heart problems can manifest with varying intensity with failed will rolls, because +1 to all melee rolls is a pretty huge bonus.))

Spluttering and clutching at your chest, you make your way from the stinking water to the stinking shore. You appear to be alone. Huge, solitary mushrooms glow eerily in all directions.

Scowl and wave wrench at the small man
I ask him, as intimidatingly as I can: Who’re you an’ where’s here?

2-2, crit 3-1
You contort your face into a wide variety of idiotic expressions and wave your wrench at the small man, spluttering incomprehensibly. A trained medic would probably think you were having a stroke. He jumps backwards and...

As the hedge raises his spiked instrument, Jump backwards and shout, WAIT, I must still kill the mayor!

4+1
You jump backwards and shout
5-1
WAIT, I must still kill the mayor!

Eargerly anticipating conflict, walks towards the standoff to see what's going on.

You walk up to the standoff to see what's going on, eagerly fingering your knife as you go. Upon closer inspection it appears that the one that looks like unkempt topiary is incapable of normal speech. Then the smaller one jumps back and shouts

Ooc on phone.

Swim to couple dozen meters left of commotion noise
You pick your way through the sewerage, feeling your way along the bottom with your feet and following the ripples. You feel your feet on dry(ish) ground and hear a man to your right shout

Glare at the man trying to punch me and walk towards him with grim determination. If he still attempts to punch me, dodge, trip him and run past him with grim determination. If not, just try to look around.

You glare at the man
2-1, crit 6
With a look of mild discomfort and fear. He is not dissuaded. You walk towards him as he runs towards you.

Attack the guy to my right with my brass knuckles.

((Assuming this action stands for this round))

He walks to close the distance. It's on

COMBAT
Hank: 6+1+1; Slime: 2+1; Crit for Hank: 5
As Hank sprints towards Slime, Hank begins to swing with his left arm. Seeing this, Slime dodges left, but it was a feint. Hank's brass right fist connects squarely with Slime's temple, and doesn't stop. With the momentum of a large man running at full speed into another man jumping at full speed, the metal only ceases its sickening progress once it reaches the other temple. With the weight of a life leaving a body, Slime slams to the ground. Hank's fist drips blood and grey matter.

As you stand triumphant, the smell of blood mixing with the smell of filth, you hear behind you a man shout

((Even I didn't expect a death so soon! Sorry Secheral, better luck next time! You're welcome to start a new character immediately if you like.))
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nevermind, then.

Have fun with your game, y'all, and feel free to reuse my character concept.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Monarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lower wrench and squint at small man
Speaking slowly and enunciating carefully: Issat so? And why you gotta kill the mayor eh?

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile

Name:
Eddie Bard
Skills:
None
Perks:
Extreme Luck - For all rolls, roll an extra dice and flip a coin. If the coin is heads, use the higher roll between the two dice. If tails, use the smaller roll.
Appearance:
Looks like a bearded homeless man, but dressed in an expensive looking suit. The suit is actually made of cheap materials.
Condition:
Missing two fingers on his left hand. Missing pinky toe on right foot. Colorblind. Illiterate.
Inventory:
Rags.
$2000 in counterfeit cash. (Easily identified as counterfeit by merchants and others who handle money often)

Edit: Tried to make my character more balanced.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 11:27:46 pm by GigaGiant »
Insert witty signature here

LugeTheHuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hearing what was said, I realise that it might be worth overcoming my urge to fight for the sake of killing the mayor.
Intelligently weigh up my options.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Corvald

Skills:
Charisma -4
Perception +2
Dexterity +2

Perk:
+1 to surviving damage to the head

Appearance:
An old man. His face bears the remains of a fire , but oddly enough, his eyes are perfectly undamaged.

Condition:
Torched face

Item:
Rags, metal cane

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Kill the Mayor - Dystopian Future roll to dodge/die
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2017, 12:28:49 am »

Kill the one who said they must kill the mayor. I WILL KILL THE MAYOR.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

DJDALA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2017, 01:43:33 am »

I... I do not know. I cannot remember anything before this moment. All I know is that the mayor must not live.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2017, 02:37:58 am »

Just waiting for Patrick and Tablerace's actions to post the next update.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2017, 03:14:42 am »

"Where the hell am I?"

Inspect the surroundings.

FunVake

• Bay Watcher
  • Adam kom Eerste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2017, 04:46:58 am »

Shout in the affirmative. Listen for quick movement,  move slowly toward commotion with guard up.
Tablerace 0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2017, 05:11:36 am »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15