Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clay Loam  (Read 1572 times)

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Clay Loam
« on: October 10, 2017, 12:15:37 pm »

Tried the new version now for the first time and after collecting some Clay Loam and building a Pottery + a Kiln it seems, like the Clay Loam won't be accepted by the former to shape greenware.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:20:31 pm by Jiamil »

joaodosgrao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clay Loam
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 07:30:15 pm »

There is a process on the potter's shop to depurate the loam/silt into pure clay/sand/etc

You can then use the pure clay for pottery :)

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 12:19:07 am »

Thanks you for replying. Sadly it won't work. The pottery has every reaction to clean those redded out. When looking at the reactions I got everything except the '...clay'.
Clay Loam isn't asked for in any of the reactions sadly.

joaodosgrao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 01:39:58 pm »

Given I'm using sandy clay, it is available and my potter has been sieving for a pretty long time already, because of the sand it produces so I can keep my glass industry going. But there is a clay loam option there.

You will need empty bags for most of those reactions, too.

However, I'm using the modified masterwork. It seems masterwork has lots of bugs and inconsistencies. Could be that.

Also make sure you are not giving the materials to another workshop.

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 02:23:15 pm »

Hm. Well in that case it really sounds like I need to use the modified version. I suppose it won't be compatible with my save, so again have to scrap a fort I played days (yeah, really not much freetime...).
Thank you for the hint :)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 06:20:46 am »

modified fixed the bugs in the clay industries and normalized it across the races where it was really messed up for some races in 1.23 ... I spent a week figuring out the errors in that.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal