Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Using DFHack (or other means) to make someone hostile/change affiliations

(1/2) > >>

Loam:
My situation is that I'd like to slay this vampire (Adventure Mode, of course), but since vampires don't attack once outed from .40+ I'd need to start hostilities - which would make me an enemy of the entire civilization.

So, does anyone know a DFHack way to make this guy hostile? Or barring that, is there perhaps a way to alter his civilization affiliations so that killing him won't make everyone hate me? I tried bodyswapping, but apparently that command no longer works.

pikachu17:
Wait, calling them a night creature no longer works?

Loam:
No; it still reveals them, and makes them show up as the red N, but they don't go hostile, nor does anyone else attack them.

pikachu17:
I think attacking vampires doesn't anger anyone who is not part of the cult.
You can just attack him with melee attacks other biting. Killing people such ways doesn't count as murder.

Loam:
No cult in this case: the vamp is a member of a performance troupe. The trouble is that when I attacked him unprovoked, that also caused me to go into combat with the rest of the troupe--cue my companion stabbing sleeping bards left and right while the vampire ran away.

By banging around on the gm-editor -- which I have NO CLUE how to use properly -- I managed to get villagers in a test save to become hostile by setting their "mood" to 7 (Berserk). Upon talking to them they immediately enter No Quarter combat with me, and apparently everyone else. So... that sort of works. Trouble is that, having slain the berserked villager, the rest of the villagers still consider me a murderer. Not unhinged, just a murderer; I guess that has something to do with their site/civilization ties?

Anyway, it's just a partial fix. If someone can suggest anything better I'm still very much open to suggestions.

EDIT: a little more banging produced these results: when I set a non-historical figure's civ_id, population_id, and cultural_id to -1, all of their former neighbors forget about them; thus, when I induce berserk-ness and kill them, no one cares. Doesn't seem to work on historical figures, though (why not?), so useless for my purposes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version