Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Castle party (updet)  (Read 3548 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Castle party (updet)
« on: October 11, 2017, 09:07:27 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The world is tiny. At the southernmost edge, it is an open plane of about 1 square kilometer. A few trees dot the edges of the landscape. It leads up to a rocky cliff face. The middle 500 meters of the cliff stop halfway up and end in stone castle walls. The ends continue to twice the height. A staircase runs diagonally from the left side of the cliff to a gatehouse on the right side of the cliff. There is no gate at the gatehouse. It is simply a large stone room that you must pass through.
On the top of the cliff, the stone extends a few feet behind the wall top before giving way to soft dirt, only 2 feet lower than the wall. Rows of furrowed earth run between the green grass of the canyon to the north, and a shallow river pours out of the cliff side, running off north out of sight.

Minimum 4 players wanted.

Name:
Aspect:
Starting location: high/low (Even distribution please)

This is an open SG like game. Effectiveness of action is determined by rolls. Objects may be handed out according to aspect for completing goals, doing cool things, or as incentive.
The goal is to be the last man standing.

Charecter sheets please, but no actions until the game has started.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 04:48:59 pm by helmacon »
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
Re: Castle party
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 10:20:15 pm »

Name: Jeeves the Mighty
Description: A tall man clad in light armor, holding a sword and shield. The armor and shield has an insignia resembling an eagle wing. Jeeves is known throughout the land for his bravery.
Aspect: Heroics
Starting location: high

(Based on Dictionary.com, I figured that Aspect referred to a description of your character. If I misunderstood what Aspect means, just let me know)

EDIT:
Changed old "Aspect" into Description and added a more appropriate Aspect.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:36:33 pm by GigaGiant »
Insert witty signature here

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 10:30:38 pm »

Aspect - a particular part or feature of something.

Basically something your character is built around. For example, a character with fire aspect would receive a fire theme for items received and a bonus to fire related actions. You might get a flaming sword, or if you try to breath flames, you would be more likely to succeed. Other example aspects might be iron, pestilence, rage, life, plants, strength, ect, ect... 

In terms of description, everyone starts with light armor, and mundane weapons. Other than that, anything is fine.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 10:37:10 pm »

Ok, I understand now. I've updated my character sheet.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 01:25:29 am »

Name: Mariner
Aspect: Ocean
Starting location: Low
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 01:33:38 am »

Name: Un
Aspect: Void

An apparently totally normal youngish humanoid. No particularly obvious distinguishing features. Blank expression.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 02:44:17 am »

Name: Imic
Aspect: Holiness
Start: high
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 03:17:14 am »

Ok, thats 4 people. Let's get this started.
Since we need an even split, a dice roll determines than Un will start at the low alongside Mariner.

Starting on the castle walls are Imic and Jeeves, embodiment of holy heroics, divine fury. They each wear light armor painted red. Jeeves has the emblem of a blazing eagles wing on his armor. He carries a short sword and a wooden shield. Imic carries a heavy staff with a cross at one end. They each command 5 men. Jeeves men each carry a short sword, but they are unarmored. They wear cotton cloths. Imics men carry heavy maces, and wear scarlet robes instead of traditional clothing.

Starting in the field below with the ocean to thier backs are Mariner and Un, the inevitable tide, vanguard of oblivion. They each wear light armor painted blue. Mariner carries a curved sword and a blunderbuss is strapped to his side. Un carries a sword which seems to be a cross between a longsword and a short sword. Some might call it a bastard sword. They each command 7 men. Mariner's men are armed with curved swords and dressed as sailors. They have hats. A boat has been drug onto the shore behind them. Un's men are covered head to toe in black robes with blue veils, with nothing but thier hands visible. They are armed with short swords.

Incentive: The first person to attack another player will receive an item.

Make use of the land around you and the men at your command. The only objective at the moment is to be the last man standing.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 03:26:15 am by helmacon »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 03:27:36 am »

Command my men to assault the walls and attack Jeeves and his army. I want my high ground back!

Mariner, we have the clear numerical advantage against the higher ones. I recommend we both head up there before fighting one another... of course, you may disagree.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 03:31:05 am by Maximum Spin »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 03:59:08 am »

Have 4 of my soldiers stand at the gates and defend against the oncoming mariners. Have the remaining soldier pray.
Give an inspirational speech.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 06:42:54 am »

"Well, so this is how they greet us. You, Un, you must be ready for a surprise attack, in case they wish to bring us down without getting to knOW US!"
Launch a simple, training attack on Un during those last two syllables, to make sure he is prepared for ambush. Only aim to scratch him at best, since he will likely be an ally.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 06:47:28 am »

Attempt to ally with Jeeves.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 06:52:53 am »

I did suspect I may have to defend myself against you. I admit that I was not expecting it to be on apparently friendly terms. You are correct that it is for the best, though.
Sidestep the strike. Proceed to continue attacking Jeeves.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2017, 12:18:41 pm »

Ally with Imic.

Have 3 of my soldiers join Imic's soldiers and defend the gates, and have my other 2 soldiers search the castle for ranged weaponry. I personally will join the defending soldiers and take the lead in combat! If any one of my soldiers or Imac's soldiers receive an injury, I will rescue the injured soldier by dragging him back into the castle.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2017, 05:20:25 pm »

After a brief moment of confusion, the contestants are off.
(2vs5)
Without hesitation Un gives the order for his men to attack, and with nothing else to do he decided to join in with them. Mariner waves his sword around maniacally after he leaves. What an odd man. Un and his men begin to climb the staircase to the gatehouse. It is an extremely exposed position, but nothing attacks them from above. They will arrive at the gatehouse at the beginning of next turn. Mariner and his men are content to stay put and watch Un charge his men into battle.

Upon the top of the wall, Imic and Jeeves quickly agree to an alliance. Imic sends his men to the empty gatehouse, and has one begin to pray. For himself, he gives a rousing speech about honor and dignity and other such high ideals.
(5)
It is a truly inspiring speech. His experience as an orator is on full display here. His men are inspired and ready to die for him, but nothing supernatural happens. His peon praying has no effect. Probably because he's just a peon. He thinks that having them pray alongside of him might help his own prayers however.
In hindsight, it may have been better for the Holy player to be praying and the heroic player to give the heroic speech, but it happened as it did. Oh well.

Jeeves splits his men in two. The larger group reinforces Imics men at the gatehouse, and the other two scavenge for weapons. There is no castle for them to search, but they check along the sides of the wall and inside the gatehouse.
(5)
Good news! Your men have found a number of crossbows laid against the side of the wall. There is even a bucket of oil! They both arm themselves with crossbows, and there are 2 crossbows left.
Jeeves joins his men at the gatehouse, ready to spring into action. No one has arrived yet however.

As no one has really been attacked yet, the initial incentive still stands.

New Objective! Kill an enemy peon! You will be rewarded with an item!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4