Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Castle party (updet)  (Read 3499 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle party
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2017, 06:19:05 pm »

Posting to watch. Not sure if I'm allowed to join in at this point, but watching anyway, it looks interesting.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2017, 06:33:27 pm »

PTW.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2017, 07:36:51 pm »

Ill add another pair, if someone else want to join.Go ahead and post a character sheet.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2017, 07:40:43 pm »

Ooh! Ooh!
Name: Just refer to me as "bloop_bleep."
Aspect: Mechanics and engineering
Starting Location: High

Will add description later if I feel like it.

Description: A tall man with broad shoulders. He has brown messy hair and long legs. He is draped in normal peasant clothing, covered in lubricating oil He is wearing light armor, covered in lubricating oil. He carries a bag over his shoulder filled with all sorts of tools and gadgets for constructing mechanical contraptions. He has a bag of aforementioned oil strapped to his belt.

A request: Can the soldiers I am in command of be my assistant mechanics instead? Thanks.

Action: Ally with Jeeves and Imic. Have my mechanics start to chop down any nearby trees and build a trebuchet.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:54:30 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2017, 07:50:37 pm »

Attack in the gatehouse. Aim for the praying one first.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2017, 08:16:53 pm »

Name: Malk Nisio, the gnoll
Description: A former human transformed in a gnoll, now he worship the mad god of chaos, luck, games and madness(duh). He has an uncertain goal in mind, he wears leather armor made of monkey butts a blond hair falling in front of his maniacal face, has a shield with an clover and a mace in format of a dice.
Aspect: Madness
Starting location: Low, but he is certainly going to get high quickly (sorry)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 09:06:24 pm »

Attack whoever spawns low this turn. If that's not viable, just shoot an enemy peon from range.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2017, 01:25:26 am »

Have my 2 soldiers with crossbows position themselves where they can do the most damage to invaders from a distance. Have 2 of my soldiers from the gate go join my crossbow team and use the extra crossbows. The remaining soldier continues defending along with Imac's soldiers. I will continue to personally assist the defending soldiers and take the lead in combat! If any one of my soldiers or Imac's soldiers receive an injury, I will rescue the injured soldier by dragging him to safety.
Insert witty signature here

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2017, 02:52:28 am »

Join my soldier and pray somewhere inside the castle where no attackers can interrupt.
Tell my troops to defend against anything coming.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2017, 03:00:46 am »

Join my soldier and pray somewhere inside the castle where no attackers can interrupt.
If I'm interpreting correctly, I don't think there is an "inside the castle". Just some walls, and then dirt.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2017, 03:41:18 am »

If I'm interpreting correctly, I don't think there is an "inside the castle". Just some walls, and then dirt.
In the middle of the castle, then.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2017, 05:07:39 am »

me yesterday: Better get to bed early, nothing else to do. Hopefully I'll have an answer on if I can join that game.

two slots open an hour after I go to sleep. Then fill within just as much time.

Me, awake early: I should probably check, get my sheet in early before any new slots are tak- oh
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 05:46:26 am by Failbird105 »

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 05:45:45 am »

Name: Niko Lightforger
Description; A tall, somewhat but not overly muscular humanoid being with html grey skin, and shoulder-length canary yellow hair. his arms and legs from the elbow and knee down are reminiscent of an eagles legs and feet, his fingers and toes, as well as the surrounding hands and feet, fade into an off-white color. His nose has a tall bridge and is slightly long for his face, his eyes are of average size, round and his irises are a pale gray. His mouth and chin are fairly unremarkable with somewhat thin lips and a rounded chin. His ears are short and round. He is dressed in a pale grey business suit and has two vestigial again type wings upon his back.
Aspect: Lightning
Starting location: low, near the edge of the world.

[Sorry, if I got carried away]

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2017, 04:45:41 pm »

The first thing to happen this turn is that two new players appear seemingly out of nowhere.

Malk Nisio, the gnoll, appears in a flash of light on the bottom plain. He is, in fact, a gnoll. He has light hair and light leather armor painted blue. While he does not have a shield, he carries a hand axe, and could likely make good use of his teeth and claws in combat. Seven men appear with him, clad in fur and carrying axes. 
(4vs3)
Without hesitation Mariner strikes out with his curved sword, aiming for the gnolls heart. Malk manages to throw up his off hand to take the force of the blow. Malk is bleeding profusely from the wound and has likely lost some function in his off hand/arm.

Mariner has completed the first incentive! You may choose to receive either the Baywater blunderbuss, or the Backstabbers blunderbuss as a reward. You will not know the exact function of the item until after you receive it. 

Malk must have been a bit confused by the attack, and he takes no action this turn.

At the top of the wall, the side of one of the cliffs breaks open to reveal a mechanical digging machine. The hatch opens and a number of engineers clad in red leather aprons clamber out armed with wrenches and screwdrivers. A large man with messy hair known only as Bloop bleep appears and begins barking orders! He carries a knife wrench as his weapon of choice.
(2+1)
There is little to work with, but he is a master engineer! Within seconds they have broken down the digging machine into a variety of saws and other tools. Within minutes they have begun to fell some of the smaller trees that litter the canyon. Bloop Bleep calls out a greeting to the other two players on the wall, but they ignore him.   

Us's soldiers reach the top of the stairs, and begin to form up outside the gatehouse. When Un reaches them, they push forward together!

Inside the gatehouse is 4 of Imics priests armed with heavy maces. They look like they would be quite effective against armor, but they have a shorter reach that the short swords that Un's men wield. There is also Jeeves and 3 of his soldiers there as well. Jeeves barks an order and two of his men scurry back to the wall making it 8 on 6. Truly, the man seeks glory!

With a great cry, Un launches himself forward and his men follow behind him. Jeeves echos his warcry and the red forces surge forward as well! The two forces meet in the middle with a mighty crash and the ringing of steel! Un makes to break the lines and attack a soldier praying in the back with imic, but he is intercepted by Jeeves!
Spoiler: Many rolls (click to show/hide)
Jeeves and Un enter glorious battle, trading blows with incredible speed and ferocity! Un has a longer reach with his bastard sword, but Jeeves makes good use of his shield as the defender, timing his actions well and conserving motion in deadly efficiency.
Around them the peons clash with much more deadly effect. The reach on the maces may be shorter, but with the echos of Imics speech ringing in thier ears they close the distance recklessly and fight up close where is doesn't matter. Nonetheless, the first casualty is one of imics men who left his guard open during his charge, and a veiled soldier buries his sword in his throat. A Peon has been the first to kill a peon, and will receive a reward!  The battle rages, and another man has his veil smashed to a bloody pulp by a heavy mace, showering blood on the nearby peons. Un has the numbers though, and they quickly begin to overwhelm the defenders. Another priest dies, and another has his arm lopped off by a particularly powerful stroke.
With the first non-fatal injury Jeeves attempts to break off his combat to rescue him.
(6+1)
In an act of glorious heroics he shoves Un back with his shield, knocking his sword out of his hands. He then leaps over the fighting peons, strikes down the man's attacker, and hauls him back outside the gatehouse, leaving him on the ground beside Imic and the praying peon. What action! Such Hero!

Jeeves own soldier does well for himself as well, killing one of the attackers who was attempting to flank.

The gatehouse is a bloody mess. A single priest and soldier stand back to back in the center, and 4 veiled enemy surround them. Un is disarmed at the moment, with his sword on the ground.

Outside the gatehouse is Jeeves and Imic. One priest is praying alongside Imic, and another lays screaming on the ground as his stump spurts blood everywhere. Good thing that armor is already red.   

Imics prayer seems to be answered too. (4+2) He begins to radiate a brilliant golden light as he fills with holy power! He would be wise to use this power in some holy act before it overwhelms him.

At the wall Jeeves men have armed themselves with the crossbows, and are looking for targets. The staircase, wide open as it is, is now empty, so they begin taking potshots at the forces hanging around down on the field, despite it being slightly out of range.
(2-1,3-1,6-1,5-1)
Two shots land hopelessly short, but the third manages to peg one of Mariners sailors right between the eyes, and another punches through the leg of one of Malk's axe men.

One of Un's peons has transformed into a champion! She stands with her sword in front, dressed in black cloths with a strip of black cloth over her eyes, and her hair tied back behind her head. Wait, are all Un's peons women? It's hard to tell with those veils they have on. They could be anything... ???
[/i]

((For my sake, please include your character name when you post an action. I might add more spots when we get to phase 2, which is when everybody is dead, but for now i'm going to leave it at 6 cause this update ended up being pretty long as it is.))
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Castle party (updet)
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2017, 04:57:55 pm »

Malk looks surprised, he point his hands at the direction of the Mariner and say,

"Such unpredictable attack, i think i am fallin in love, but now, you should die, peons, ATTACK"

And so 5 of the peons goes in the direction of the mariner, but when they look ready to strike the mariner's troops they rush in the direction of the gates completely ignoring the mariner, taking cover from a trees and laughing maniacally

Malk catch them slowly, walking with two trying to bandage his wounds and with a maniacal laughter that echoes on the field, striking fear in the enemies heart.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4