Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: ZE REICH's Imperial Thread  (Read 4238 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
ZE REICH's Imperial Thread
« on: October 12, 2017, 05:06:04 pm »

Please keep OOC chatter to the discussion thread, please and thank you~

The Emperor, by the will of God and the most blessed Electors, is August II Hehlollen of Drakenberg, inaugurated on 3rd Week of Spring, Year 431

The Electoral Council, by the will of God and the Imperial Diet of Winter, Year 439, is as follows:

1. King Günteight VII Xwedodah (Secheral), Kingdom of Aarg
2. King Ômedinae Mônpalothi (Tiruin), Kingdom of Cacameburg
3. Archbishop Soterios Göttliebe (Maximum Spin), Archbishopric of Aldivinia
4. King Melkor of Donuth (melkor), Kingdom of Donuth
5. King Konrad Bluhburg-Meskanier (Deidei), Kingdom of Bluhburg
6. Grandmaster Imic Greymane (Imic), Monastic Order of Paladinia
7. Archbishop Bernhard Abfell (Tawa), Archbishopric of Waifenberg

The next Imperial Diet shall assemble per usual: 3rd Week of Spring 440.

Year 440, Spring, Week 1

A new year, a new season has begun - and thus, new Decisions ought to be made by all who care about them!

Spoiler: Book of Numbers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 11:07:29 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ZE REICH's Imperial Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 06:49:24 pm »

Arguest Zettenerger sat within his study, looking at the map of the empire in all it's Glorious Glory. Rubbing one hand over the map in contemplation, he turned his attention to the final letter he had penned, a series of missives that he would be sending to the electors wishing them of good health. The letter to each elector was as follows:

Dearest Friend, I hope this letter finds you well. With a new year and new challenges sure to face the empire, I just wished to take time out of my work to wish my friends across the empire well wishes for the future. And to remind any that the Zettenerger family stands with the empire if any assistance is required.

Your loyal friend and servant: Arguest Zettenerger of Zetten

Content that his final letter was finished appropriately, Arguest called for a servant to send them off to be delivered.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 08:03:44 am by Criptfeind »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 07:34:07 pm »

-My Chancellor You are taking too long to visit again the poorest, they need to love you
-Chancellor our nation will only prosper when you...

"My dearest people..."

And silence was made, he (Or it's a she? Can be his twin working for him again, hard to know) liked to observe a lot and sometimes only answered others in reports or the action being already made, it was sometimes annoying to talk to him without knowing if he is listening or daydreaming in his books and paperwork.

"... You have to stop looking inside our borders, there is no emperor right now and in 3 weeks they gonna choose someone, our nation is still small and can be easily forgotten by the council, the memberstates everywhere is getting their old rulers dead and new faces will control the destiny of the empire, I am not going to do the same error of my ancestors blessed they be, the people will love me when they see the luxury becoming an everyday life we need to seek opportunities abroad, one third of our wealth (2 wealth) is already being allocated, and scholars are going to all corners of our empire, to get better knowledge than what we already have, their mission is to see where resources are scarce and where they are abundant, the objective is to make us spend less on our seasonal expenses with imports, and make our caravans export the resources for the best price,this way we will have the budget wisdom to reformulate our country, I along with my family will make us shine, and I promise, every country will see us as an example, and we will be prepared for anything"

Edit: So, haspen said there is no province improvements for now, so i will change the action, I will still act as they are scholars getting better trade deals but the truth is that The deal is to spend 2 wealth and 2 prestige on my spymaster to have access to influence the events that happens in our neighboors, a merchant shows up? convince him to come to our country, peasant revolt being planed, we can either support it or accuse them to their masters
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 07:10:03 am by omada »
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 08:15:35 pm »

Upon the arrival of certain papers from Zetten, an open letter is distributed amongst the Electors and sent to King Arguest:
Attn: all Electors of the Council

To the esteemed M. Zettenerger,
Respectfully, your implication that members of this Council are so self-interested that they cannot bear honourably the burdens of choosing an Emperor and preserving the interests of the people of the Empire while the possibility of election to the Imperial seat resides among them is strenuously refuted. Furthermore, one's credulity is stretched to imagine your own motives in making this assertion are pure in their turn when your proposed alternative candidate is your own dynasty. Please hold yourself assured that, while I am sure that any of us among the Council would be humbly grateful for the opportunity to serve the Empire in such a way if Providence wills it — as I know I would be myself — we are certainly more than capable of setting aside anything so petty and worldly as vain ambition in order to come to the most right decision and avoid the 'gridlock' you fear. If that decision should chance to elevate you or your own, may you be blessed for it; but it will not be your letter, I must insist, that will make it so.

Yours by Providence, Archbishop Soterios Göttliebe

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 11:34:18 pm »

((Woo!...now what do we do?
I WANT TO DECLARE WAR ON THE NPCS! But I have no Casus Belli u_u))

Cacameburg would like to trade their Manpower for Wealth, at a 1:1 ratio (1 unit max), with any states (maximum of 3) who would like this to occur.

Cacameburg is also interested in alliances with [everyone/all the other electors], with the interest of focus and niches in any event that would collaterally affect at least both states involved.
(Because personal events are personal and is why we won't intervene or expect others to intervene for us unless asked?)

...Err, Cacameburg also tries to improve its own Manpower ratio by spending 2 Prestige? This is emphasis for this season for Cacameburg--provincial improvements.

Also spend at least 1 prestige to a max of 3, in finding single-state states that I can attack can find if they have problems with other states nearby (or have a bad history with)

To Zetten:
[...]
> We would have agreed, until we read the self-vetting; we suggest you getting to know your neighbors and will be reconsidered in the next season. Otherwise we are favorably disposed to this request (although we understand proposing self-interest due to wariness of power)
In a letter to Zetten, privacy was made.

The season for vetting and agreement for an Emperor is not yet at hand, we are aware of the need of such an overseeing state; we are however pleased at seeing this breadth of eloquence and consideration--while other electors may assume threat to their pride, we see caution and consideration in noticing the importance, and yet blinding danger, of power as listed in your missive.

As of now, we would be supportive--of all those who can show that they can lead and aid in the small things inasmuch as the large scale; being Emperor will be a burden, but it will also give access to great feats. Cacameburg wishes to see which of those non-electorate nations wishes to aspire to that, and notices qualities present from your ink.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 02:09:45 am by Tiruin »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 11:39:40 pm »

Cacameburg would like to trade their Manpower for Wealth, at a 1:1 ratio (1 unit max), with any states (maximum of 3) who would like this to occur.
I will do this. Aldivinia spurns worldly things, so send a unit of gold to Cacameburg in exchange for a unit of slavesworshippers.

Furthermore, a more private letter is drafted and dispatched to Zetten alongside the open one.
Monsieur Zettenerger, I might add that you may find your petition more favourably received if you were to offer some consideration to one or more Electors in order to demonstrate that you have in mind more than a mere power grab. It has surely escaped none of us that Providence has invested you with more than an entirely ordinary quantity of material resource.
Respectfully, Archbishop Soterios Göttliebe
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 11:54:35 pm by Maximum Spin »

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 01:03:31 am »

The letter found the VII slumped in his throne, gazing at the state flag with a thoughtful look. The messenger prepared to annouce the contents of the letter. But he could not utter a single word, for he was beaten to it.
"They're goats, aren't they?"
"...Excuse me, sir?"
"The flags," he indicated with a pale hand "they're full of goats. They say they're supposed to be some kind of mythical creatures but We know the truth."
Before the messenger could recover from this unexpected revelation, he went on "At first We were just like you, - yes, imagine that, a king and peasant equal in their ignorance - but then We locked ourselves in a barn without food and water for three days. And then We saw the light."
He looked at the throne with sadness and regret in his eyes "Our ancestors were wise. They have seen that time brings desolation and the only way to stop it is motion. And so I contemplated the choice of goats. And this is the wisdom that We have gleamed from the flag," and suddenly he was on his feet "the goats shall be Our new Thrones! Their sharp horns, bone-crushing hooves and regal bearing shall strike terror into enemy hearts before they even see the ruler atop them! The enemy will never know our location and even if they do," grabbing the messenger by his shoulders "We can lock Ourselves in a room and feed on the goat in an emergency! Pass on Our orders! Invest a third of Our wealth into goats! No, wait, the wrinkly grapes will never allow it. Ah, yes, division! Invest a third into agriculture and half of that third into goats specifically! Selectively breed them and bring in the strongest, wisest, most loyal and most majestic of the generation as Our new Thrones! Wait, what's that in your hands?"
"A lette-"
"Burn it. It looks long so it's probably not important. And while you're doing that We'll go and pass on Our orders."
With a spring to his steps the VII exits the throne room in order to find the guy in charge of finances.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:05:52 am by Secheral »

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 01:08:34 am »

Though unqualified to vote for the exalted position of Emperor, the House of Taxanieger would like to express it's Tacit support to the House of Donut should it choose to pursue the Throne, us, Fellow monarchs, must say united afterall.

Closer to Home, the King, Hasso Taxanieger, aware of the relatively small size of his holdings, order report on his neighbors to be brought to him, in the hope of finding some lands for possible expansion, if those lands happen to currently not be Imperial land, all the better.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 01:13:23 am »

I am really not at all sure where this talk of new Emperors is coming from when Providence has not yet deigned to dispose us of our current one. Of course, a case could always be brought to depose his August Majesty, but it does not seem that anyone has considered this?

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 01:40:41 am »

The council was quiet as they listens to the messenger, the king's fist trembled with anger as the messenger finished. As the messenger finished the king did not wasted any time, Johannes, said the king: burn that letter. Immediately Johannes threw the piece of paper in the fire that lit the smal room and quickly readied paper and inkt. write a letter to that fool of Zetten and to the other electors.

Arguest Zettenberger king of Zetten, lord of Zetten, Sturmia, Gotchen and Sasseburg.
Do you believe I fear you? your threats of your military might will fall on deaf ears.
I Melkor of Donuth, king of donuth, lord of Donuth, Gaven and Myrdwynberg will never relinquish the rights and powers invested in me by god and the former emperor.
The Electoral Council shall keep their power and i will fight to keep it that way.
I will not vote on you not now or ever

to the electoral council
I hope that the letter of Arguest Zettenberger king of Zetten, lord of Zetten, Sturmia, Gotchen and Sasseburg did not intimidate you lords.
For we where in trusted in the power to vote for the emperor and any limitations is a insult to the empire and our holy god
Of course i will put forward on of my own for the throne of the emperor, if he where to pass on, but he will not limit the electoral council power.
Instead he wants to expand the empire border to bring the heathen sheep at our border into the gaurding hands of our lord.
I ask we prepare for a holy war, one of the likes the world has never seen.

-King Melkor of Donuth

As Johannes written down the 2 letters a soldier walk into the room.
A letter from Taxanieger my lord, Johannes read the letter to his lord and perpared another letter.

To king Hasso Taxanieger, lord of Taxana my you reign long and prosper
I thank you for your support my we aid each other in these troubling times.

-King Melkor of Donuth

as the letters where send Melkor now looked at matters of his own country.
After some debate it was decided that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:43:09 am by melkor »
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 01:53:27 am »

I should like to remind M. Melkor that, if he is indeed so offended, he might choose to propose sanctions upon the source of his offense. If he so desires.

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 02:11:27 am »

I should like to remind M. Melkor that, if he is indeed so offended, he might choose to propose sanctions upon the source of his offense. If he so desires.

ooh yeah i can do stuff with the emperor.
Lets not though cause directly crippeling a player over a letter is kinda dickish.
or if it goes wrong i lose a lot at the start of the game and i am not that confident in that i could beat him
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 04:28:49 am »

Imic Greymane sat in his study, inside a large building to one side of the Monastery that made up the administrative seat of Paladinia. Outside it's walls, a brightly coloured city spread out, with many church spires, sqares, and eventual stone walls around it. In his room, gothic arches rising above him, Imic sighed.
In front of him, he had lain out a series of letters as you would cards in a game of solitaire. Imic was a nice enough man, very accepting of other faiths and of new ideas, but he was not stupid. All of the electors were doing nothing but to argue and make new alliances over new and random things. And then there was Melkor of Donuth, and his holy war. He sighed again. It was tempting, but he would not act until he was sure that everyone else had finished up with their own plans. He sat back in his chair, and began to think...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 07:27:05 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 07:16:25 am »

After hours of deliberation (making up the first halfweek of the season...), Cacameburg issues a public missive

Noted for Year 440, the third week of Spring (or anywhere thereof, presuming Cacameburg is in good straits).

To all Electors and other states, leaders of provinces of men and women:
I, King Ômedinae of Cacameburg, wish to present a public missive.

In future need, for position of the next Emperor, and with what I...presume are much interest in vying for the Emperor--as one who has held four provinces with stability, I would like to ask to be the first Emperor. An alliance will be proposed to all player (how do I say this :V) provinces, and the bonus resources will be given in return to all those in need. Lands will be distributed to the needs of the nobles with the least holdings, but also under respect of the needs of its people.

I promise to be a stern Emperor, because we cannot do provincial improvements and probably since there are no game mechanics thereof keep both our lands safe, and regain other lands which would benefit us all more mutually; barren or otherwise at our borders.

The rest of the message continues with notes of diplomatic treaties to other, external nobles owning lands not of the general lineage at present, and outside of the current borders of all known states, and that Cacameburg will aim to provide for all states as best as they could, only holding its 4 provinces unless situations, by themselves, demand otherwise (and not by demand of the Emperor). That Cacameburg will not thereby become an Emperor in the future--and its standings based on merits.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 08:24:00 am by Tiruin »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 07:50:34 am »

[Out of Character] Following a discussion in the OOC thread, we realised that the Emperor is still in power, and we aren't actually electing a new one, since he stays in power till he dies. What a wonderful start to the game.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4