Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 279666 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: The Aggression of Modded Hell (Beginning of Off-site Raids)
« Reply #1020 on: April 10, 2018, 05:13:47 am »

I know there's a lot of [DOES_NOT_EXIST] creatures that have been added, I could easily change the name of one of them without there being much of a problem. This would give us a 'communism' creature that can only be engraved or added to artistic stuff. Should we do that? I think I'm going to add a poll because the last one has been obsolete for a while. Also
A golden, dinosaur, jet figurine of koopas murdering capitalists? This is definitely going in the museum.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm putting this in the quotes section.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1021 on: April 10, 2018, 05:44:23 am »

Should definitely add a few more fanciful ones besides those for propaganda engraving purposes so the koopas have to suffer through cringy government "entertainment" - there's three fanciful creatures by default, yeah? We could replace the other two with "freedom" and "capitalism" or something.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: April 10, 2018, 09:27:21 am »

May I ask that Dionysus, Greek God of Wine and Madness, be koopa'd like Set was?

Also, Is it possible the lack of razing is due to DFhack, or maybe even not using 44.09, the latest version?

And, lastly, you could build floors over the venom, and then it would go away, or hope the recent cleaning changes are enough and have a cleaning-only jobbed person.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 09:41:51 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1023 on: April 10, 2018, 11:37:50 am »

May I ask that Dionysus, Greek God of Wine and Madness, be koopa'd like Set was?
Might as well pitch in - we should have YHWH as a legendary carpenter koopa.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: April 10, 2018, 02:55:42 pm »

I'm pretty sure that a few more fanciful creatures were added, so we could do more renaming if we decided to. In addition to that, I tried to implement the secrets of communism and capitalism, but they never really worked so I have no idea if they actually did anything.

I don't have Dfhack in this (gee I wish I did) and the game is of the most recent version. Unfortunately, I think part of the problem might be that the world was genned in something like 44.03 because I was basically ready to start and wanted to get the ball rolling. At this point I'm not sure if we could really get it to work short of a patch to fix it (effectivity of such a patch on this particular game is questionable), so unless I'm just doing it wrong we might have to live with just raids. And yes, Dionysus can be in the next migrant wave.

I'm not sure if this is what you're going for, but Google says YHWH is the biblical god of Hebrew Israel, unless you're referring to the fact that Jesus was allegedly a carpenter I'm not sure what you're going for, but yes, I'll do it.

Also, I'm going to be doing one more short update this weekend, posting the save for personal use and alternate reality Modded Hell's, and then I'm going to be off the forums for around 2 weeks for RL reasons. Feel free to keep the thread going with your own accounts in my temporary absence.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1025 on: April 10, 2018, 03:46:11 pm »

I'm not sure if this is what you're going for, but Google says YHWH is the biblical god of Hebrew Israel, unless you're referring to the fact that Jesus was allegedly a carpenter I'm not sure what you're going for, but yes, I'll do it.
That is what I was going for, yes. Figured it'd make sense...atleast, thematically, to the idea of various gods coming in to look at our monster of a fortress.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: April 10, 2018, 06:58:24 pm »

Oh it totally fits the theme, I was just caught off guard a little because I had never heard that particular god referred by that name before and I just wanted to make sure. It's going to be weird when people start dying though, the gods coming back makes sense, and I've got a few tricks up my sleeve for bringing back reoccurring characters, but those caves aren't going to invade themselves...

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: April 11, 2018, 02:57:17 am »

We could also have Ares, (Greek God of War), and Mars, (Roman God of War and Agriculture, so also a farmer?)
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: April 11, 2018, 10:12:48 am »

Is it just the exploding vultures that burn down trees, or all of them?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: April 11, 2018, 10:26:46 am »

I thought we were supposed to only be having gods of insanity, and chaos?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1030 on: April 11, 2018, 11:18:26 am »

Must have missed that. Don't think it'd be unfitting for non-chaos gods to visit though - Modded Hell could be like a tourist attraction for various deities.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: April 11, 2018, 11:42:39 am »

If the pools of venom are outside the fort, the dwarves won't clean it up, but a nice hardwood deck around the entrance will certainly make the place look more inviting and cover up all the toxic pools, but is that really a problem?

Actually, the recent update allowed dwarves to clean the surface as well.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 11, 2018, 12:12:11 pm »

Alternatively, we could coat our weapons with the venom.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: April 11, 2018, 03:07:07 pm »

I had no idea that the birdemic vultures set things on fire, so that's at least one of the hundreds of cases of random fires being started accounted for. Any idea what specifically is causing it? I sorta knew about the VULNERABILITY thing, but I had no idea what it would correct to, now I can fix it in the tomtenisse and Speecho the Trust Worm. Honestly, at this point random pools of venom and dream ale are kinda just a part of Modded Hell, it's only the expedition leader's problem because he is apparently the only one who forgot to bring shoes. I will, however, probably make a front porch or something to at least act as a fire break, last thing I want is for one of the many forest fires (that surprisingly hasn't shown up yet) to go right into the animals and then the fort. I'll make the changes if anyone has any idea if I'll fuck anything up that isn't already destroyed (We've already had one instance of the complete dissolution of the laws of time, how much worse can it get?).

As for the gods, all gods are welcome and at this point I'm just taking names because it's a lot easier to keep a personality attached to a character that has a unique name, and not just 'Nuku McUnskilledKoopa'. I believe that the original idea was that the gods of chaos wanted to get here first to get a front row seat to the chaos in addition to spreading it, but other gods could totally come to either try to stabilize the world at the source of the problem or to have some fun fucking around in the affairs of mortals with little consequence because they've taken on the form of a normal fleshy koopa.

I don't doubt that the recent updates added surface cleaning, but at this point I have my doubts if that code has made its way into Modded Hell despite being on the most recent version. At this point most of the surface around the fort's entrance is a caustic mix of spoiled alcohol, blood, and venom of all kinds. Most of the fort desperately tries to pick their way around the puddles that would likely eat a hole through their foot, but when they're forced to step through the mire they're immediately rushed to the hospital with feet swollen larger than their heads for all but five seconds. It's really fucking confusing, because currently at least some of every barrel in the fort, no matter if it's obviously incredibly undrinkable, has somehow been spilled everywhere and anywhere. At this point we might as well be borderline creating a new biome or terraforming the surface into something that no creature in their right mind should be living in. So in short, I don't think the cute little mops Toady just added are going to clean up our bio-hazard of a surface.

Knowing our luck, I'd actually manage to successfully coat a weapon in venom and have one of the guys tasked with cleaning the surface clean the venom off of it instead. Then they'd somehow cut themselves on the weapon while they were cleaning it and have their eyeballs explode or something. But yes, if someone devises a reasonable way for me to coat a weapon in one of our numerous barrels of mystery poison, I'll try to do it.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: April 11, 2018, 03:14:08 pm »

Make ninji-sized shoes with 'D'etails, for the broker.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 03:15:44 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 100