Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280299 times)

Aurum System

• Bay Watcher
  • (Gai, and others) (They/Them collectively)
    • View Profile

It isn't Modded Hell if there isn't at least one thing that doesn't make sense.

Seems like you had some fun down there, the caverns probably will have all sorts of more fun.

Madd was excited, he had all kinds of ideas for things to design, but first he had to learn and talk to Imic. As he walks down the hall his mind raced with images of guard towers, of tunnel networks, of bridges of grandiose defenses with walls stretching tall, of great forges fueled by the fires of the earth, and of menacing spikes of meat.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile

I had an uncle, in another fort, and he was installing cage traps in the caverns shortly after they were breeched.  Still doing the first one he was attacked by an undead cave crocodile which ripped off one of his arms.  Uncle said he didn't remember much about the next few minutes, but others said he went berserk, ripped the cave crocodile apart and stomped on its head, then fell over faint.  A few minutes later he woke, shook off the dust and finished the cage trap before reporting to the hospital.
     Must be a family tradition........
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

Oh, I forgot to ask:
A. Scourge do you want a new koopa sometime
B. Anyone have any idea what kind of ammo a wagon gun takes?

Also, Enemy Post is still alive. He's become more of a fisher/doctor than hunter though, I'm thinking I might get him to give up fishing so he can focus on hunting, because there's about 11 giant magpies flying around that could be made integrated into the tower.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile

Try looking through the weapon RAWs.   Also, I am so relieved that I made something useful.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

I wouldn't mind giving up WEAK and UNIMPORTANT jobs to do more hunting.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

Should DFhack be used so that SetII is married to Eris once again?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Aurum System

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

According to the raws in the save, it's grapeshot cartridges.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yes, Freedom from this Hell at LAST.... What do you mean I have to go BACK!? That whole --------- is near the point of collapse, yeah yeah spread the glory -- -------- so you can reclaim --- --- -----, but I'm getting really sick of being carted through ---------- and would like to return to ------.... FIIIINE

((Yes I would like a new koopa))

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now, to see if the koopa's can even make grapeshot...

Aurum System

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They should be able to from what I saw, but that doesn't mean it works and you can.

It should be in the forge list, but that's about a mile long probably. :V

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to have to look back into the black powder armory mod, because my experience with that is that anything gunpowder based is reaaaally complicated to make. As far as I know now, to make a gunpowder based ammunition you have to get the three components of gunpowder (charcoal, sulfur, and saltpeter) in whatever form they most closely exist in dwarf fortress, smelt that, refine the resulting product into a bag, make a casing of some kind, forge the actual bullet, and then slap those all together to get maybe a handful of shots. Of course, I'd never be able to make that enough grapeshot for active wagon gun training, but I could give TheRedWolf enough ammo to carry around that when he gets into an actual fight he can use it.

Also, there will most likely be an update this weekend, but I thought I might try something extra. I was thinking about making an artistic portrayal of one scene or more in the fort that I've particularly enjoyed, would any of you be interested in a shorter update to allow for such a picture to be made? If so, I'm open to suggestions on exactly what to make, but if not I'll focus on making a long update or two and then save the pictures for the eventual interactive illustrated koopa story I'm going to pull after the fort falls.

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Shokmug Onor will never die
    • View Profile

Sounds interesting, I'm all for whatever you want to draw.
The dwarven atom is made of !!TURKEY GOBLER!! remains

no one can deny this

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thought I'd give a little bit of a sneak peak:

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Update tomorrow.

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
  • I bring hell (aka eternal PUNishment)
    • View Profile

oh god plz let me be alive
everything is fine
 everything is on fire
I see no difference between these two phrases.
only at modded hell does this make sense
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 100