Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 284728 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: The Coupe of Modded Hell (Things are about to get real around here)
« Reply #1395 on: August 10, 2018, 08:53:48 pm »

So it turns out coupe with an 'e' is a type of small car, but at this point I don't feel like changing it.

I was wondering why the fortress hellhole had a car, but chalked it up to mod weirdness.

I wouldn't put it past the koopas to purchase a stylish new four-seater, but it really didn't cross my mind that I should probably google how to spell 'coup' before I titled the thread.

The technical problem has been fixed, update should be up within the next few days. Current list of koopa tyromancers to be are:
Scourge
Urist Mc Dwarf
The cheese magic should start in full this episode if everything goes well, which it probably won't.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Coupe of Modded Hell (Things are about to get real around here)
« Reply #1396 on: August 14, 2018, 05:19:41 pm »

Another day dawns upon a now reasonably well established koopa fortress. The sunlight is lost within the large cloud of miasma that is currently flooding this fortress's main entrance.
---
      After days of cluelessly removing corpses from the main ramp way, the koopas finally remove the particular one that was causing the miasma cloud. Only to have a different corpse start emitting miasma.

'Well, that's a first' Mottled Petrel remarked to himself, as he saw one of the trolls who had been hauling dead bodies for the past year break out into tears. 'I guess I should have seen this coming, with all of the trolls complaining about being horrified every time they try to work'. Mottled Petrel tried to cheer the troll up by changing him from corpse hauling duty to hauling the unnecessarily large amount of personal items to the demon king's new room, but the troll wouldn't have any of it.

For a long time, the capnaps and the helmet snakes had been breeding faster than they could be butchered, leaving the koopas with more meat than they knew what to do with. Now that it was finished, Mottled Petrel began marking unwanted animals to be dropped from a lethal height into the corpse pit (the one that still wasn't being used for dumping).

A particularly mischievous ghost decided to waltz right OVER the cage traps set in the caves to maul the capnaps who had been chained there. After killing all but one horribly damaged and mentally scarred capnap, it wandered back into the darkness.

"*sigh* Who's trying to invade us this time? Actually, you know what, let me look at the civilizations we are currently at war with, it can't be that many-"

"...Huh. I could've sworn it was more than that. Oh well, not like we really have a chance of fighting any of them off anyway". It was the forumites again, bringing an army that could have sieged a real city with hundreds of inhabitants, which was complete overkill for the tiny fort that they were at. Either they were still mad about the 7 plump helmet men that the koopas had killed a few years ago, or they had realized that there was now a demon king in the fort. Or they were just bored, it happened to war lords a lot more than you would think. Either way, they would have to go through the incineroar who was encased in lead.

Having hardly crested the hill, one of the forumite's electrodes self destructs right in the middle of their ranks. This only causes more nearby war electrodes to combust, setting a poor plump helmet man soldier on fire.

They were hardly ten seconds into the invasion, and already they had sparked a forest fire, their animals were terrified, and they were losing soldiers, they hadn't even made it to the incineroar yet. The bob-ombs did surprisingly little to ward off the invaders, but at that point the forumites looked pretty desperate to get away from their own catastrophe behind them.

It didn't look like the forumites were going to make it very far.

While that was happening up on the hill, a group of 5 forumites decided to flee the scene and chase down an also fleeing baby bob-omb. The military intervened once it became obvious that the bob-omb intended to run directly into the fort. The first forumite was killed with only a minor wound to one of the new recruits, but the forumite behind him entered a martial trance. The forumite killed one of the recruits after cutting off almost all of his arms, but lord_lemonpie broke his neck not soon after, paralyzing most of his body before he could do anymore damage. The next forumite similarly had his neck broken, but while this was happening the first paralyzed forumite bit lord_lemonpie's back and shook, tearing apart his lower spine's nervous tissue.

The koopas moved in to finish the paralyzed forumites, while the shadow gnome got his shoulders destroyed by the remaining able bodied forumite. Still in a martial trance, one of the paralyzed forumites bit the hell out of one of the recruits. After a long scuffle, the recruit died, but lord_lemonpie managed to kill the remaining forumites. The koopas were told to return inside and hope that the fire would ward off the rest of the invasion.

Before they could get inside, a forumite axemite descended upon lord_lemonpie. Unable to stand up because both of his ankles were broken, lord_lemonpie had to fend off both a plump helmet man soldier and a trained axemite from the ground. With a few lucky shots, lord_lemonpie managed to level the playing field by bringing both of his opponents to the ground as well. After another long scuffle, she managed to kill the axemite without further injury, but had more trouble with the plump helmet man.

For her bravery on the field of combat, she was awarded the title 'Lord_lemonpie Helmssea the Future Magma'. As far as titles went, it wasn't that bad.

Not even ten feet away, a visiting togriq crossbowman showed similar merit on his way to the tavern.

Still wallowing in his own blood and the viscera of the axemite he had just killed, lord_lemonpie was set upon by a forumite marksmite and two more plump helmet man soldiers. Expecting an easy kill, the forumite walked up to lord_lemonpie with the intent to finish him off with the butt of his crossbow.

Instead, lord_lemonpie sucker punched him so hard that the forumite's cheek was reduced to pulp. While stunned, the forumite had his ankle rended to a horrible angle, before having his chest cavity caved in by a bash from one of lord_lemonpie's mini-chomps. The plump helmet men were next, and despite being unarmored they were pretty resistant to damage, as they had no real internal organs. After yet another long scuffle, both plump helmet men were killed, and the rest of the military arrived to lend future assistance. Not that it really mattered though, it looked like most of the forumites had decided to flee.

Of course, that would have been too convenient though. A forumite axemite in a martial trance got the jump on KoopaUnknown and broke his knee, only to have his face filled with a steel trident. At that point the siege was mostly broken, except a for a squad of mixed forumite fighters who seemed content to sit up on the northern ridge. Deciding it wasn't worth the effort of trying to root them out of their hiding spot while not being able to walk, KoopaUnknown and Lord_lemonpie began to drag themselves inside. They didn't get very far before a madwoman was heard screeching from a nearby hill.

Sprinting across the fields, she slipped by the two injured koopas and the frogogs by the meat tower in an attempt to run straight into the fort. After yelling at a few lazer-ceratosauruses by the entrance, she high-tailed it back the way she came, only to circle back around for another pass.

A visiting ninja caravan had the pleasure of watching the whole thing from a distance. TheRedWolfII was able to knock the madwoman unconscious and finish her off before she could yell anymore stressful things. With that, the caravans of the various friendly empires started pouring into the fort, thankfully out of range of the 8 forumites still on their hill.
---
Sorry for the delay, my computer's getting low framerates with just the fort's everyday life, the seige brought me down to 3-4 frames and it took quite some time.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Continued Besiegement of Modded Hell (Everyone wants us dead)
« Reply #1398 on: August 14, 2018, 06:33:04 pm »

Hey, you might want to delete the MEANDERER tag from the laser dinosaurs. I found out it can break war and hunting animals.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: August 14, 2018, 06:46:40 pm »

You know, that would explain why the laser-ceratosaurs never follow anyone around...

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: August 15, 2018, 10:51:23 am »

Trolls sure are sensitive for monsters that regularly go out of their way to kill and devour people. Maybe that's why goblins use them as expendable cannon fodder instead of decking them in full armor and giving them weapons?
The real question is: can you shear a depressed troll?

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: August 15, 2018, 11:34:13 am »

The real question is: can you shear a depressed troll?
The real answer: Yes, the farmers will drag the troll they are shearing to a workshop whether they want to go or not.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: August 15, 2018, 12:28:15 pm »

What is it with lemonpie's characters and becoming paralyzed?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: August 15, 2018, 01:47:49 pm »

He's fine, koopas don't have nerves, I was just to lazy to remove the nervous tissue from their spines.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: August 17, 2018, 04:17:56 am »

I just started reading this. It is awesome and full of Koopas.

Also, what mod adds the ak-47s made of wood? I think it would be fun to make an infinite bullet gun myself. For testing.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: August 17, 2018, 07:05:02 am »

This one. You can't actually make an infinite-ammo gun, however.  All ranged weapons are hardcoded to draw ammo from a quiver.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 11:22:16 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: August 17, 2018, 09:25:29 pm »

This one. You can't actually make an infinite-ammo gun, however.  All ranged weapons are hardcoded to draw ammo from a quiver.

Thank you. I wonder if I could make an infinite quiver then.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: August 17, 2018, 10:31:18 pm »

You could probably make a reaction that gives a large stack of ammo for free at will.
My mods and forum games.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: August 20, 2018, 11:40:12 pm »

You could probably make a reaction that gives a large stack of ammo for free at will.

what is an idea. Thank you. I also like this fort here.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 01:37:00 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 100