Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280368 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

I put the interactions in a text document named interaction_capitalism in the objects folder, and the speech in the speech folder called communist_greeting.

Also, there was a bit of a mishap...

This in itself isn't that much of a problem, but the houndors got to them first...

They used something like flamethrower, and took out half the fort in seconds. The sheer amount of things being killed at once crashed my game. Houndors will now be pastured underground.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 01:07:09 pm by MottledPetrel »

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

I put the interactions in a text document named interaction_capitalism in the objects folder, and the speech in the speech folder called communist_greeting.

Also, there was a bit of a mishap...

This in itself isn't that much of a problem, but the houndors got to them first...

They used something like flamethrower, and took out half the fort in seconds. The sheer amount of things being killed at once crashed my game. Houndors will now be pastured underground.

Better idea, just pave over the grass with meat so the entire fort smells like bacon when it catches fire.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's on my list. I will at least make some firebreaks out in the fields, a complete floor might take a while though. I have also discovered that Yoshis can't have armor fitted to them, they are even more useless than I thought.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Are the Yoshis pack animals? That'd explain why they pick up stuff but never drop it - I had the same issue with my eliminators and gorecyclopes at first as well.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They are pack animals, now that I think about it that makes a lot of sense. I only ever get any at the start because they are pack animals, I'm not sure if I want to stop them from being pack animals though as they are used as them a lot. I'll leave it to the thread to decide if it should be changed, but at the very least I'm going to make it so that they can wear armor.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

Next time, maybe embark in no-vegetation desert with perhaps few aboveground caper berries.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, maybe. I don't know, rolling forest fires that are constantly destroying everything on the surface have kinda become an icon for this mod pack I've assembled. If I had a dime for every time a caravan came onto the map and immediately burst into flames for no reason I would have at least a few dollars. As long as some fire breaks in the form of a 1 wide floor blocking the areas that matter from fire are made the fire tends to not be that much of a problem. And even if we do embark in a no vegetation desert, the amount of things that just breath fire for no good reason would probably negate the benefits of not having the fire spread. The real decider as to where we settle is probably going to be the area with the most feudal warring states, necromancer towers, and savage beasts we can find. If that happens to be desert then so be it, but the Koopas demand a challenge.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile

Hmm, maybe. I don't know, rolling forest fires that are constantly destroying everything on the surface have kinda become an icon for this mod pack I've assembled. If I had a dime for every time a caravan came onto the map and immediately burst into flames for no reason I would have at least a few dollars. As long as some fire breaks in the form of a 1 wide floor blocking the areas that matter from fire are made the fire tends to not be that much of a problem. And even if we do embark in a no vegetation desert, the amount of things that just breath fire for no good reason would probably negate the benefits of not having the fire spread. The real decider as to where we settle is probably going to be the area with the most feudal warring states, necromancer towers, and savage beasts we can find. If that happens to be desert then so be it, but the Koopas demand a challenge.
I am torn between sigging your entire post here or just the hilarious highlights.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just throw the whole damn thing in there, there's probably a lot more to come. I'm hoping to REALLY get into the story telling of this fort, while still having a lot of those "oh fuck there's a giant fire breathing T-Rex that just decided to show up. If you need me I'll be in a fetal position under my desk. What's that? There's a giant psychic squid that shoots lazers that's shown up as well? Right in front of a necromancer and an army of undead groudons? Who decided to bring along their friends, and by friends you mean every civilization in the area has decided to try to invade us? Could you lock the door when you leave, and make sure the lawn mowers stay safe, I'm going to need something to take my frustration out on when I wake up from this entire keg of blood wine I'm about to drink to take my mind off how much I fucking hate our neighbors."

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

Could you lock the door when you leave, and make sure the lawn mowers stay safe?
The tradition of awesome sigs continues, and this particular part stood out to me.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh fuck there's a giant fire breathing T-Rex that just decided to show up. If you need me I'll be in a fetal position under my desk.

I'm giving in to instinct. Sigged.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm considering making a quotes section, but I fear that it will fill up faster than the corpse pile we're going to have right outside the front gate. Have I mentioned that I have a bad habit of stockpiling all the corpses of the enemies right next to the main route outside, and then forgetting how to get rid of a stockpile. It's usually a decent repellent for all things sane. Oh, and any luck on the meat wine Derpy Dev?

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, and any luck on the meat wine Derpy Dev?

Mostly just researching and procrastinating at the moment... I haven't just sat down and looked into this as much as I should have, and for that I am sorry.

So I'm working on making some material templates for blood wine, so it will be different and separate. Question though: is there a way to add a material to every creature with blood in the game without manually going through them all? Because that's not something I can do in this situation.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't worry about it, you can take your time with this there's a ton of stuff I've been wanting to mess with in the files that I haven't gotten around to yet either. I was just wondering if you had made any progress. And you should, in theory, be able to change blood to what you want the creature to have. Or you might be able to change the body detail plans to include the thing you want them to have.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

Well, you could add them dynamically on the fly as the game runs by editing df.global.world.raws.all, I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 100