Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 279630 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

Okay, I'm freaking the fuck out right now. I think we actually broke it, or at least this world is FUCKED.

spook lights are vermin, !VERMIN! How the actual fuck did they become a civ. And I don't even fucking recognize a good half of that list. Turtwigs are an animal, WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY NOW A CIV.

There is no koopa civ in this world, but I have to investigate. I'm going to go look around the world to see what ELSE has magically become a civ.

Edit: I have found that the evolved versions of turtwig have their own civs as well. And this is the first time in my at I have ever seen a !FRIENDLY TOWER!
Edit2: I have also found that apparently this place holder civ I'm playing as is into fishercat woman trafficking, because for some reason the men aren't available.

Edit3: I'm sorry for cramming so much stuff into this one message, but this world is supremely fucked in ways I didn't even think were possible and it's giving me an ulcer. The animal prices area all over the fucking place, some gendered animals are  sold as gender neutral with some genders being only available as kids or not at all. Seriously, it keeps getting worse, WE CAN BRING A SENTIENT CREATURE FROM A CIV THAT SHOULD BE EXISTING AS A FARM ANIMAL.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 07:31:24 pm by MottledPetrel »

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

Okay, I'm freaking the fuck out right now. I think we actually broke it, or at least this world is FUCKED.

spook lights are vermin, !VERMIN! How the actual fuck did they become a civ. And I don't even fucking recognize a good half of that list. Turtwigs are an animal, WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY NOW A CIV.

There is no koopa civ in this world, but I have to investigate. I'm going to go look around the world to see what ELSE has magically become a civ.

Edit: I have found that the evolved versions of turtwig have their own civs as well. And this is the first time in my at I have ever seen a !FRIENDLY TOWER!
Edit2: I have also found that apparently this place holder civ I'm playing as is into fishercat woman trafficking, because for some reason the men aren't available.

Okay, question: what was the last thing you added? Go investigate and, if necessary, remove it.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was the halloween mod, but I literally genned up another world 20 minutes ago and it was fine. It kept crashing on embark so I genned this one. There were a few small ones added all, so I'll have a look at those. But I'm going to have some fun with this world, once I get bored with it I might post the save to see if anyone is interested in screwing around with the most broken thing I have ever seen.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

You duped raws. Something has the same name as something else, that makes the game go crazy.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You duped raws. Something has the same name as something else, that makes the game go crazy.

If that's the case... MottledPetrel, can you give me a link to this mod? I'll look through it and see if there's anything there that might share a name with something else.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If duped raws is the case I potentially might know what went wrong. There was some weirdness in one of the copy and pastings that I'm going to check out before I send it to outside help. Unfortunately, the game crashed, so I'm not sure if we can exploit this destroyed world.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Check the errorlog, sometimes it can see duped raws.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Errorlog is not an option, I looked and it literally sais that everything in the game is an error. I scrolled for a solid two minutes and the scroll bar hadn't even moved. I did find what potentially could have been the problem, for whatever reason when I tried to update Scourge's extinct creatures mod the short faced bear files weren't replaced with the new ones, leaving two under the same name. I will gen a new world and see how that goes. Sorry for freaking out everyone, but that REALLY took me by surprise.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for freaking out everyone, but that REALLY took me by surprise.

Hey, don't be sorry. This is something that we need cooperation and communication about to keep alive and functional, if you don't tell us stuff like this next time it happens (and it will happen again, even if the best DF coder in the world is working on it) the project will collapse. Did it freak us out? Of course! But that's a necessary evil for this project to work.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile

I for one am concerned about what a ''trollface'' is in game, as in I am terrified at the prospect of finding out.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Exactly what it sounds like. It's the meme, floating around in the air and biting people.
My mods and forum games.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile

Exactly what it sounds like. It's the meme, floating around in the air and biting people.

THATISEXACTLYWHATIFEARED.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I for one am concerned about what a ''trollface'' is in game, as in I am terrified at the prospect of finding out.

Oh I didn't even notice that...

Question: Can we keep those a civ? :P

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I feel like the next community fortress idea should be a duped raw world

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

I feel like the next community fortress idea should be a duped raw world

As great as that might seem, it should come at no surprise that duped raw worlds are quite prone to crashing.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 100