Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280421 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

What have we got in this version?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

Anything on the front page that has [Updated] next to it.

For clarification, that would be:
Dwarvemon
ZM5's Spooky Halloween Mod
What Lurks Below
Teh Lol Mod
Enemy Post's Creature Pack
Scourge's extinct animals
Scourge's mundane animals
Asin's Wee Folk Mod
Fluffyshambler's caverns of peace, friendship, and fun mod
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 12:11:09 am by MottledPetrel »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Any mod from 43.05 that doesn't have entity files should work fine in this version. Even the ones that do should work, it's just a matter of being careful about duping. They probably just won't use a lot of the new features. If you want to convert something to the new version yourself, all you have to do is add the new bits of raws from the file_changes.txt file to the entities as needed.

Of the list from the prior version, I think Black Powder Firearms, Mostly Mythical Monsters, Saur Fortress, Stal's Armory, Dwarven Bread, and possibly Procedural Decoration Legends should all work fine in the current version.

I haven't tested this stuff, however.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tomorrow is going to be testing day, I'm going to make a copy of what I have now and cautiously insert new stuff into there. I'll see how that goes, and for now I'm just giving all the reactions and buildings to the dwarves. And I've had some problems with the armory pack in the past. For whatever reason it was made to replace the normal weapon, armor (etc) files while only having like half the original stuff. My attempts at trying to combine the two of them was likely part of the problem with my last attempt at dumping everything in. Oh, and I'm going to try for the meat block mod as well.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, so I spent most of my free time today trying to implement the fantastic races mod. For the most part, it works. There's some body type duplication that I have to weed out, and for whatever reason it causes the game to crash a lot. This mostly happen when loading history for some reason. It has made it so I mostly can't gen a world over 125, which I wasn't really anyways, but oh well. I'm working on making it more stable, but other than the duplication problems I'm not really sure what's wrong. Oh, and Scourge, I'm getting a lot of this in the error log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Those aren't too hard to fix. You just need to correct the token GREY in the dolphin raws to GRAY. Archaeopteryx's derivatives should also easy enough, it just needs its horn tissue added in. Look at goats to see how it's supposed to be done. I'm not sure why they're using horns at all, Archaeopteryx didn't have them.
My mods and forum games.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, I hadn't considered the American and English word differences being a problem. There are quite a few things saying that they're missing tissues, so I'll fix those. I'm also finding that ZM5's stuff and the dwarvemon mod share a LOT of bodies. This may have been the duplication problem in the last attempt. For example, they both have their own 5HEAD_HORN, but the only real difference is that one describes the horns as horn1, horn2, horn3 while the other has FLhorn, FRhorn etc. For these I'm just making my best guess as to what to get rid of, I'm sure there will be PLENTY of unforeseen consequences because of it, but oh well. This is also coming up, and as far as I know NODRINK is still a legitimate tag.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Whoops. It's supposed to be NO_DRINK, apparently. I'll fix that when I get a chance.
My mods and forum games.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, so I went through the files and changed every grey to gray, and found that there was some problems with that in the normal DF files. Such as a gray squirrel being described as a grey rodent. Not really a big problem, just thought it was interesting that me bumbling around the raws in my attempt to get this monstrosity to work might have found a problem in the actual game. I also added the billdads back into this version, because they were on my mind and I felt like it.

Oh, and I updated the Teh Lol mod and the rail gun and similar stuff still doesn't work. Well I haven't tried to see if it works, so it could, but there's a lot of stuff coming up in the error log about it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 08:21:08 pm by MottledPetrel »

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. I knew about the grey/gray issue, but was procrastinating on fixing it (I have this problem as well)
2. I also knew about the horn issue but see above
3. They have it because IIRC it's in the body plan the dinosaurs use, and I guess I took it out for t-rex but not Archaeopteryx, and Allosaurus was the first one I did (the Ballad of Big Al movie is responsible for cementing Allosaurus as a special dinosaur for me)

Should probably fix those at some point.... I'll be back...

EDIT: After looking at the raws for the dinosaurs, I made the horns(and teeth) a separate thing from the rest of the theropod body plan, presumably for ease of editing, and I had it using [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HORN:HORN_TEMPLATE] for both materials and tissues instead of using [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:HORN:HORN_TEMPLATE]

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

MottledPetral, it looks like you're missing TehLOLmod's buildings. Maybe you deleted by accident or it's missing from the download, but here are the buildings.

My mods and forum games.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github

You'll need to either wait for every mod to be (hopefully) updated, or wait for the wiki to be updated with the new tags and manually update hundreds of creatures and entities yourself... I mean there's a *possibility* you could try to just dump the old raws in but it would likely not work.
Hehe I told you ;)
But you're doing some hard work it seems, glad to see you're making progress and keeping this going!
'ere the Chias get hungry...

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't really expect it to work that well either, it just would have been really convenient. Besides me hopefully getting this to work, all this effort is also turning up some actual problems with some of the mods I have, so in the end I guess it's for the greater good that it didn't just work the first time. Most of the rest of the problems seem to be creatures missing tissues, but there also seems to be some serious issues with some of the races from the fantastic races mod, which I'll probably talk to the creator about to see what they say about it.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

We still have meat building, right?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

I found that there were some problems with the current version of TehLOLmod, but this should work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibvvsf25ton41s6/Teh%20LOLmod%201.7.6.zip?dl=0
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 100