Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280444 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Hell: a hectic collection of conflicting mods (Almost ready to start)
« Reply #450 on: December 21, 2017, 11:34:56 pm »

I would like to be koopadorfed, please. No particular requirements, although something military might be fun. 

Perhaps I missed it in the thread, but who constructs meatblocks?  Butchers?  Masons?  Butchermasons?

Uh, butchers. I set it to use the butchery skill.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Hell: a hectic collection of conflicting mods (Almost ready to start)
« Reply #451 on: December 22, 2017, 12:02:18 am »

Should the regular pigs be removed?

I don't think so, Angry Birds pigs are significantly different.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 22, 2017, 06:31:52 am »

Silverlock has been koopa'd, and I'm probably going to give my dedicated butcher the title of "buthermason" because of that. Yeah, I see no reason to get rid of normal pigs, even if we had normal pigs and the ones that can just randomly turn themselves into hungry heads I'd leave the two in so I can mix them up and accidentally get everyone chewed to death. I made an attempt at adding Orichalcum, but the amount of effort and careful moving of individual items between files it would require to move it from a not raws only version to modded hell is staggering. That, and chances are I'm going to miss a thing or two and break everything, so that one's been postponed, possibly to never return, but we'll see.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 22, 2017, 03:07:57 pm »

I would like to inform everyone that I have found, and intend to add, Speecho the Trust Worm. I'm not going to explain it, but here's the link.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163737.0

Also, it still crashes about a year in, no idea what caused it. I've removed the dwarfsday holiday mod again because I believe it might have been the gift giver's coming to trade and breaking the game with the mod's items.
Error Log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

new error log after some changes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Trying out an evil biome, this is going to go terribly.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 04:52:38 pm by MottledPetrel »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 22, 2017, 05:24:45 pm »

You can fix at least some of those problems by replacing NO_STUN, NO_FEAR, NO_PAIN with NOSTUN, NOFEAR, NOPAIN respectively (though you may want to remove those if you don't want Speecho to be too OP, since he can also breathe fire) and lowering Speecho's tooth count to at most 32. Also, I don't think VULNERABILITY is a valid attribute.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 22, 2017, 05:41:37 pm »

The problem isn't Speecho's teeth, I think it's in the theropod raws from Scourge's dinosaurs. It looks like a pretty easy fix, it just needs the teeth in that file lowered to 32.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 22, 2017, 05:52:51 pm »

The teeth isn't that much of a problem, even with the teeth being too many it still automatically lowers it to 32. Getting rid of the underscores in [NO_PAIN] is something I gotta change though. I somehow fixed the save that was broken, I sent the squad out to go take some random artifact and they immediately came back, somehow fixing the thing that was causing the game to crash.

I have succesfully fought off my first doom invasion. I opened the caverns for five seconds and 5 imps come rushing in with a few trolls. These caverns are definitely something.

Okay, things are getting dicey, everyone refuses to build the wall that will close off the caverns and a bunch of pinkeys came and fucked up half the fort.

WHAT THE FUCK, WHERE DID THIS COME FROM! I DIDN'T GET AN ANNOUNCEMENT OR ANYTHING!
He's in the caverns, what the fuck is this thing.
SOMEBODY BUILD THE WALL, HE'S FUCKING RUNNING FOR THE STAIRWELL!

Alright, so a fight is raging, and some random planter decides to get a mood. I can't wait for the 50 spies in my fort to immediately steal it after everyone is dead and/or a fucking mega cavern weresalamander.

He takes two leather and an uncut gem, this better be good.

Okay, despite only one soldier having a weapon and the whole populace being unarmed the koopas are very good at not dying. Even with all these thins coming out of the caverns only one citizen has died, and that's because he dropped a burned up tree on himself. However, 95% of the fort is now in the hospital with varying degrees of cuts all over their bodies and one guy who got both sides of his hip utterly destroyed. This is going to be a fucking good game when I actually start it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 10:49:56 am by MottledPetrel »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 23, 2017, 08:56:54 pm »

So, uh, I'm not sure what I did, but somehow I accidentally made it so that the koopas can spit fat as a projectile. This fat can then apparently be scraped off the ground and used as normal fat to make tallow or use for other fat related reactions. I think I want to try to remove whatever I did, but what do you guys think, do you want it to be a feature?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 23, 2017, 10:34:06 pm »

So, uh, I'm not sure what I did, but somehow I accidentally made it so that the koopas can spit fat as a projectile. This fat can then apparently be scraped off the ground and used as normal fat to make tallow or use for other fat related reactions. I think I want to try to remove whatever I did, but what do you guys think, do you want it to be a feature?
This should stay as a symbol for what we have managed to achieve here

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #459 on: December 24, 2017, 01:34:31 am »

I think their "spit" may have an incorrect/nonexistent material defined, you should look into that - early on in my modding I removed the nagas "spit" material by accident and they spat "naga grease". So liquid fat.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 24, 2017, 08:34:33 am »

I think it might have been me trying to give them the thunder attack from the dwarfmon mod, that and I gave them helmet snake vemon (because I felt like it and helmet snakes are best snakes). I didn't really look at it and just pasted it in because previously I could do that nd it worked fine. But I recall the mod being updated to change the attacks, my guess is that thunder now uses a specified creature material that the koopas don't have and it just used fat instead. I have to admit though, it is quite funny, it does almost no damage but I can imagine the enemies being like "what the hell is this, ewwwwww, I'm going somewhere else this invasion isn't worth it anymore". That, and if we abuse it we have an infinite supply of food in the form of fat. I wonder if that counts as cannibalism, eating the fat spit from another of your species.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 08:37:12 am by MottledPetrel »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #461 on: December 24, 2017, 08:46:37 am »

Bit reminiscent of a special attack I have for Saber Shamans from the raw travesties - it causes a fever and also the affected creature spews out a trail of cat grease every once in a while.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 24, 2017, 08:49:00 am »

But can the fat spatter really be used in reactions to make tallow etc? Doubtful, but if so, you might've just discovered something new.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #463 on: December 24, 2017, 08:54:04 am »

I dont remember if spatters can be used at all, no matter what they are.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 24, 2017, 10:50:35 am »

It doesn't come out as a spatter, it comes out as a solid glob. This glob can then be picked up like normal fat from a butcher's table. I had a caravan come in while a large flock of pokemon were above them. What resulted was the entirety of the caravan acting like an anti air installment. everyone fired a few volleys of fat at the pokemon, doing little to no damage but scaring them off. I now have half the fort hauling the fat that was spit to the food stock pile, I haven't had anyone refine it into tallow yet because no one seems to want to build the kitchen, but considering they can haul it and it's been hauled to the stock pile I can say that they will most likely be able to make it into tallow. I'll try to get a screenshot of it later today when I'm playing the test fort again.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 100