Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 284733 times)

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
Re: The Beginning of Modded Hell (Finally Started)
« Reply #615 on: January 07, 2018, 02:40:15 pm »

Ooh! PTW

Can I be koopa'd as the fortress's animal caretaker? "Lawn Equipment Technician"

...I never thought an animal caretaker would be fixing heavy machinery

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 07, 2018, 02:47:02 pm »

Ha, I'm just waiting for someone to be inspired by all the attention we're giving lawnmowers to the point where they make an entire creature mod just full of sentient lawn care equipment. I'll put you down as animal caretaker and mechanic.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 07, 2018, 06:04:53 pm »

Always glad to see new people on board, I've got characters for the two of you already so it should go fine. Speciesunkn0wn, I'm sure what you mean by DelerKoopa, but I've got the rest your request worked out.

Deler is the dwarven word for Steel. SteelKoopa. Like how Stalin means 'Man of Steel'. And DelerKoopa would be their name if that's what you were confused about.
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 07, 2018, 06:12:57 pm »

Thank you for specifying, because I had no idea what you were trying to say. I'm just letting you know, koopas have their own language and dwarves have been replaced by forumites, so no one is going to have any idea what you're trying to get across. But then again, that might be no issue when in context with the backstory I gave you.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 06:16:45 pm by MottledPetrel »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #619 on: January 07, 2018, 06:23:52 pm »

Yeah, a few pages back we had a list of neighbors (which I presume to not be the full list of races in the entire world) to our fortress - oddly enough, of all things the regular old vanilla humans seem to be the one remaining vanilla race. Don't know if elves or the non-Warcraft goblins are a thing in our world.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 07, 2018, 06:33:03 pm »

Probably not the default elves. The LOLmod replaces them with hippies, and MottledPetral seems to be using its version of the vanilla races.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 07, 2018, 06:34:22 pm »

Always glad to see new people on board, I've got characters for the two of you already so it should go fine. Speciesunkn0wn, I'm sure what you mean by DelerKoopa, but I've got the rest your request worked out. Auzewasright, both of your requests would work fine and I have characters for both of them, so you can pick whichever you like. I'm glad to see people liked the update, I thought I might have put a little too much attention to detail into it, but it seems that the mini bunker that was the laser ceratosaurus pen was quite amusing.

Ironically, I seem to have a character for everyone except the three other members of the starting seven. bloop_bleep, Enemy post, and Gwolfski, do any of you have any preferences for character? Or can I just come up with something random?
"Hiding fugitive", please.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #622 on: January 07, 2018, 06:37:05 pm »

Probably not the default elves. The LOLmod replaces them with hippies, and MottledPetral seems to be using its version of the vanilla races.
Makes sense then.

Oh, might as well mention - you may want to put down ZM5 Koopa's profession as "Occultist".

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 07, 2018, 06:58:11 pm »

Elves are in fact hippies, but I don't think goblins have been touched. At one point I had dark moblins in, but apparently they needed some stuff from another mod to work so I just removed them. I'm sure that Koopa ZM5 saying that his profession is "occultist" will be fine and that everyone will respect his job decision.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 08, 2018, 10:01:43 am »

Then you can just put me as Comrade Unknown if you'd like. XD Still keeping the Champion of Communism part though
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #625 on: January 08, 2018, 11:46:09 am »

I'm sure that Koopa ZM5 saying that his profession is "occultist" will be fine and that everyone will respect his job decision.
Of course, nothing to see here. I certainly will not dissect grotesque creatures from the deep to find out their inner workings, and I certainly won't lead the fort, or even the entire world, to ruin with my studies.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 08, 2018, 04:06:40 pm »

There was no suspicion that you were even thinking about doing such things. Where'd you even get such an idea, he's working to help discover things to benefit the world as a whole.

Honestly, as long as koopa ZM5 isn't actively walking around drugging people and dragging them off for body modifications I don't think anyone will care what he does, or even notice with all the other fucked up stuff going on on a daily basis.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 08, 2018, 11:37:18 pm »

Since everyone else is picking profession names, I'd like mine to be, "The Bestest Comedian". Or just "Comedian" if that other one is too long.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #628 on: January 08, 2018, 11:44:17 pm »

Koopa me. Physician
May or my not actually help stress

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 09, 2018, 03:24:30 am »

If everyone gets a custom profession, I'd like to be an executive furnace technician. I may be only a coal-shoveling grunt, but having a prestigious title would make me feel better about myself.
Koopa me. Physician
May or my not actually help stress
Considering the Dankest Dungeon mod is in, stress relief may be rather helpful. DAMN YOU BONE COURTIER!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 100