Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 284640 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: The Beginning of Modded Hell (Finally Started)
« Reply #645 on: January 10, 2018, 06:30:11 am »

Well now I'm thinking that King Ramses should be the king of whatever race invades first, and one of the koopas should be koopa Moses or something. I've got the next few updates planned out, so I'm probably going to not include any mention to this for a while, so you guys have time to work out a full plan for koopa Ramses and/or koopa Moses.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 10, 2018, 06:34:09 am »

Could I be Kooped? A mason or architect or both, "Fortressier" or some such proffession name.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 10, 2018, 03:58:18 pm »

I'm just going to warn you, requesting to be the architect will almost certainly lead to you being the main constructor of the meat tower and its non euclidean geometries. Because of that, butcher is probably in the job description as well.

EPM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Shokmug Onor will never die
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 10, 2018, 04:04:06 pm »

Loved it, the musical number about the plagues was great! 10/10 -ign
The dwarven atom is made of !!TURKEY GOBLER!! remains

no one can deny this

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 10, 2018, 04:43:59 pm »

That is a perfect rendition of what we were going for. So perfect in fact... that I may have just came up with an entirely new subplot... and some more bad koopa musical numbers... and for that ,EPM, you have earned the title of Koopa Ramsey, Lord of Sandshrew!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 04:48:12 pm by MottledPetrel »

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Shokmug Onor will never die
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 10, 2018, 06:54:00 pm »

there's gonna be a capnap man coming up to the fortress and demanding the release of all the capnaps, and my ridiculous amount of capnaps  will leave after ʧһՐⱺᵹҋΔⱤ the semi-megabeast of death kills Koopa Ramsey's firstborn son or something.
The dwarven atom is made of !!TURKEY GOBLER!! remains

no one can deny this

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 10, 2018, 07:54:14 pm »

My brain just had an awesome idea..... now lets see if I can't just write this well enough (there will most likely be less colors all at once after this, just an establishing thing)

Scourge didn't really know what was going on, he had only been half listening to the briefing he had been given, the voices in his head continuing to fight... SPACE SPACE SPACE, LET'S TO SPACE, LET'S GO TO SPACE SPACE, ATMOSPHERE Kill them, kill them all KILL THEM AND BOIL THEIR BONES AND DRINK THEIR MARROW, WEAR THEIR SKINS AS ☼KOOPA SKIN CLOTHES☼We used to BE someone, we had all the power we could ever want, and then we did grow proud and the star----- tore----- --- -- --dim--- here--- koopa You who I called brother, how could you have come to hate me so? and so on, thousands of them fighting for control, even for just a moment, their innane chattering a maelstrom of conflicting desires in his brain, but that laser, even at a glancing blow, it burned like hellfire, dark fire, now gypsy it's your turn! molten iron on his shell, it must have been atleast 3000 degrees kelvin 14908 °Urist or was that unreasonable... he didn't really know what was possible for his kind anymore, with the voices whispering dark secrets and the ones whispering lies...

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 10, 2018, 08:26:10 pm »

That... that was actually a really creative way to interpret how I made koopa Scourge, I applaud you. I was just going to have him be a little slow at making decisions and go from there, but this adds innumerable layers to him as a character. I don't quite know where you're going to take it, so for now I'm going to try to leave him as he is for a little while with only a few breaks from his normal character. After either I get an understanding of the main voices or you lay out a plan or something, I'll drop him into full blown multi-personality disorder, what remains of his mental fortitude will snap and it'll go from 0 to bat shit fucking crazy before anyone has any fucking idea what's happening.

Also, for reference, koopa shells are actually armor that they wear as clothes. The shells aren't actually a part of them like a real turtle's shell is.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:35:30 pm by MottledPetrel »

wags

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 10, 2018, 09:11:49 pm »

I thought the koopas were metal abominations. Did you change them?
Have a nice day!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 11, 2018, 06:28:47 am »

They're still abominations, but somewhere in my modding they accidentally were un-metaled somehow. I'm not going to try to fix it now that we already have the world, but eventually I'm going to fix it. I have also been made aware that a new version has come out, I'd like to migrate my save to it but I'm not sure what that would do to the stability of the save. I'd like to migrate because there were a few crashes that happened in some of the test forts that I'm concerned might show up in the real fort, and this update might have fixed them.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #656 on: January 11, 2018, 06:41:01 am »

They should be compatible, bugfix patches usually are. Would just have to move over data/save and data/speech.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 11, 2018, 07:52:41 am »

Being the butcher shouldnmt be that bad. As long as I can worship Wagonthulu, I'm fine.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

EPM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 11, 2018, 05:18:02 pm »

I look forward to this clusterf*** of mods inevitably ruining any and all attempts at something resembling a cohesive narrative. Godspeed, those of you somehow compelled to try writing stories.

And oh yeah I was cooking this up in Photoshop a few days ago but then it was mentioned that the Koopas aren't metal anymore, but oh heck might as well share:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #659 on: January 11, 2018, 05:28:02 pm »

Hah, thats awesome - MottledPetrel, do we have an art section in the opening posts? It could be added to that, along with any future contributions.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 100