Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 283538 times)

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Shokmug Onor will never die
    • View Profile
Re: The Beginning of Modded Hell (Finally Started)
« Reply #690 on: January 13, 2018, 07:28:36 pm »

I know you were being rhetorical but...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The dwarven atom is made of !!TURKEY GOBLER!! remains

no one can deny this

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 13, 2018, 07:59:32 pm »

Did you use my xenomorphs? They seem like good pit monsters to me.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 13, 2018, 08:04:38 pm »

I was not being rhetorical when I said I wanted you guys to make some visitor trap plans, I'd like to dispose of the visitor menace in the most creative and brutal way.

I thought you made xenomorphs into a civ, but if we manage to get our hands on any I will definitely use them as pit monsters.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 13, 2018, 08:08:43 pm »

Xenomorphs aren't a civ, just permanently murderous animals.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

EPM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 14, 2018, 02:36:08 am »

If we go back to the OG SMB manual, I recall backstory being given about Bowser imprisoning all the Toads into bricks, and that's why Mario gets coins (gratitute) out of them when they break, which frees the Toads. So clearly some kind of conversion of migrants into building materials is ideal. We have the technology. We can rebuild them. Fastened to the floor. Stronger. Better for making some kind of stupid art project.

Bones being what they are, it's best to severely and thoroughly mangle those involved. Plastering the vicinity in migrant-salsa is the goal then. Since they can't be assigned labors or simply drafted, if I interpret the reports correctly, burrows and stationing won't work either.

I would love to make a deathtrap properly, but being unable to shepherd them like unwanted dwarves usually could be is a wrench in the gears. I actually drew up schematics for a lever and pressure plate hallway fork, relying on pathfinding exploitation plus an attached drawbridge, to fling the migrants up into the air in order to go splat. Another idea was simply a giant thresher made of impulse ramps in a circle with a door on either side, and use of burrowing could send all unwanted slobs into the lead-minecart-carrying-boulders meatgrinder.

I think the thresher idea will work if you designate a tavern on the other end of it and keep all the actual productive members of society locked inside in a burrow, so all outsiders would march into the minecart murder donut on their way towards The Baited Idiot's Bar & Gulag. I'll happily design deathtraps, but I need to know how these wonky broken migrants work.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 14, 2018, 04:53:27 am »

Just build everything out of food and lock us underground. We'll die fat and happy.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #696 on: January 14, 2018, 05:43:17 pm »

Good news, 05's out so we don't have to make the dilemma anymore.

Also means no senseless bloodshed - instead we can spill blood purposefully, for the glory of the elder ones.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 14, 2018, 05:49:23 pm »

Well that solves one problem, but that doesn't mean we still can't have an emergency 'blender' switch for the tavern. Are there any other problems with the current version that we should be aware of?

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 14, 2018, 05:56:19 pm »

Well that solves one problem, but that doesn't mean we still can't have an emergency 'blender' switch for the tavern. Are there any other problems with the current version that we should be aware of?
Nothing in particular comes to mind. There are some outstanding issues with the raiding system, but those won't be an issue so long as you don't send everyone abroad.

EDIT: Come to think of it, it might be worse than that. Having soldiers captured by the enemy will prevent the fortress from falling, even when there's no one left on-site. But that's not too big an impediment. You can always select "Abandon Fortress" if that happens.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 05:58:57 pm by Urlance Woolsbane »
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #699 on: January 14, 2018, 05:57:26 pm »

I don't think so, seems like most of the irritating 44 bugs have been fixed - could be wrong though.

EPM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 14, 2018, 07:04:27 pm »

Just build rollers pointing at the tavern and attached to a lever. "In case of insufficient work ethic, pull."

Urist cancels...wait, Urist cancels make Urist cancels joke: Koopa nomenclature uncertain.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 14, 2018, 08:03:42 pm »

Koopa names are a lot different than dwarven names, the most common names I see are 'Nopooki' and 'Poonoki" or some variance of them.

EPM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 14, 2018, 09:05:57 pm »

Poonoki cancels joke: interrupted by swear filter.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #703 on: January 15, 2018, 04:58:27 am »

Poonoki cancels joke: interrupted by swear filter.
I can't tell you how many times I had to alter language files for some of my modded races, because it so happened that a generated word for something in their language was "Ass", "Dick" or "Anal" - either only those or as part of another word which would look awkward on last names and such.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 15, 2018, 10:52:35 am »

I haven't seen anything inherently bad in the koopa names, so I don't think it's that big of a deal. Also, I started the next update and I thought I might as well share the over abundance of seeds we have:

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 100