Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 284801 times)

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Shokmug Onor will never die
    • View Profile
Re: The Refounding of Modded Hell (Hopefully Goes Smoothly)
« Reply #795 on: January 24, 2018, 05:24:24 pm »

Dream ale trap
The dwarven atom is made of !!TURKEY GOBLER!! remains

no one can deny this

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 24, 2018, 08:06:10 pm »

My personal vote is to keep doing what we're doing, but I'm open to a few lucky koopas being awarded a year of leading, plus I'll post the save for adventurers some time soon. Other than that, if we were to do a serious succession thing if people didn't respond within their time limit or if players stopped coming I'd take over again for that turn, I'd never let Modded Hell die prematurely over something like that. But it seems like at the moment the consensus is to keep it as is, I'll leave the poll up longer to see if this changes. Glad to see support is still strong for how it's going so far.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 24, 2018, 11:16:51 pm »

Did I escape the Dream Ale?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 25, 2018, 06:19:19 am »

The koopas currently unconscious are ZM5, Gwolfski, and Scourge. The ninji broker is also unconscious, but that's not that much of a problem. Also, I'd like to inform everyone that I will be taking my turn for a succession fort this weekend and will be unable to create a normal update, is there anything small you guys want me to do instead? An informational update on the fort? Maybe a legends mode discovery update? Maybe I could doodle something?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 25, 2018, 01:35:48 pm »

I think a legend mode discovery update would be cool also will you ever release the raws in like one big pack by any chance I would love to make my own Modded Hell world without having to go threw the trouble of making things mostly work lol

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #800 on: January 25, 2018, 01:54:48 pm »

I mostly would like the save, so for whenever you have to take a break people could write down stories of their explorations, perhaps find out more of the worlds "lore". Would love to try my hand at it again.

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 25, 2018, 02:46:47 pm »

PTW

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: January 25, 2018, 04:49:11 pm »

How about this, because I can't do an update I'll post the save this weekend so that anyone interested can fuck around with it and see how broken it is. Anyone can take it an do what they want with it, I just ask that you try to at least tell a little about your adventures here (And maybe see how Modded Hell is doing).

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 26, 2018, 06:04:14 pm »

The wait is over, I present you the current save file:

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13461

For everyone who wants to create their own adventurer, play a parallel universe Modded Hell, or just didn't believe that I was actually playing a game and was making the whole thing up, here it is. Do with it what you want, but please, chronicle your journeys here. Even if you don't feel like chronicling, I would appreciate it if you could at least tell us some of the stupid things that turn up. Go forth, run free, and revel in the brokenness.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: The Distributing of Modded Hell (Save file up for public playing)
« Reply #804 on: January 26, 2018, 09:00:41 pm »

Alright I decided to download it and give it a shot and at first it worked pretty good was able to retire the fort and get the legend data/look at legends mode so will report on anything interesting I come across also was able to get the world to work in legends viewer though the export was corrupted legends viewer was able to repair it crashes every time I try to launch in adv mode though going to edit this every time I find something interesting.

edit 1 alright first off here is a full world overview of the world atm https://imgur.com/a/rgoA2 as you can see currently there are a plethora of civilizations in this world coming up to a total of 67!!! currently living civilizations and 13 fallen or dead civilizations some notable ones including Koopalings, Hellacopters, Beans?, Cannibals, Bottlenose Dolphin Men, Zombies, and strangest of all 1 civ of 33 pedobears (wtf Mottled?!?) anyway going to go threw the megabeasts and see if I find anything interesting see you next edit.

edit 2 alright going to 1st talk about the well 1st megabeast that catched my eye his name is Arust Endsmiles the Defective Jailer and he has so far killed in his wrath 51 notable and 72 unnotable people and animals now whats really interesting about this guy is that he is nonother than drum roll please!!!! aaaaaaaaaa giant icosahedron yep he is literally a 20 sided sentient dice that has claimed the lifes of over 100 people and animals so far how does that work no idea but it seems to me this guy is like the literal embodiment of rng so I wouldn't try messing with him anyway on to the next megabeast that caught my eye Obje Luckblackade the Strategic Universes a female T Rex and the only one of its kind this lady here killed around 26 people and animals until the year 77 where her life was cut short by one of those strange bean creatures I mentioned earlier (seriously what are those?) anyway the bean that killed Obje went on to name the weapon it used to kill the T Rex Spellfinger which in my mind seems to be a pretty good name the bean never went on to do anything else interesting though and is still alive to this day. anyway I think thats all im going to talk about for today hope this helped enlighten you a bit.

BONUS Ok did one last look threw and had to include this one based just on what he was lol anyway here is a megabeast Glandfrothed the Feral Gut and this terrible horrible monstrous beast who has claimed the lifes of over 48 innocent lifes! was non other than a GOOBER BLOOBER!!!! DUN DUN DUNNN anyway other than being a goober bloober this beast isnt really that special and is still alive living in the oceans of prisons (nice name) also as a bit of extra trivia apparantly a goober bloober is a derpy giant squid boss from the mario franchise first appearing in super mario sunshine then being featured in 3 other games the more you know.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 09:51:57 pm by Fluffe9911 »

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Shokmug Onor will never die
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 26, 2018, 09:21:54 pm »

I downloaded it too, But, to make it extra difficult, I merged it with an already made world, and now I'm getting errors about missing the plant gloss cave moss.
The dwarven atom is made of !!TURKEY GOBLER!! remains

no one can deny this

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 26, 2018, 09:48:12 pm »

currently there are a plethora of civilizations in this world coming up to a total of 62!!!
I'd just like to point out that there might actually be more and that only 62 made it in because of the civilization cap. And the pedo bears aren't mine, but they are quite funny to come across. I'm not sure about adventure mode though, I'd say your problem might be the adventurer. There are definitely some sites that crash the game, so maybe try a different species or at least different site.

Gloss cave moss? Never heard of it. It shouldn't cause that much of a problem, but if it does you can always just go into the raws and remove it entirely.

Overall, this thing has a mind of its own, things break and start working again for no conceivable reason. The save works fine for me, so everyone is probably going to have to put their own unique fixes to it to get it to work for them.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 26, 2018, 09:51:26 pm »

There are actually around 80 civs its just 13 of them are fallen or dead atm (and I messed up my math lol) also I cant even do that cause it crashes before I even get a chance to choose a race (during the 1 week world gen thing) so no idea what to do there actually now I think about it its most likely because I dont got enough ram oh well also added a bit about some interesting megabeasts.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 10:26:22 pm by Fluffe9911 »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 26, 2018, 10:07:00 pm »

I've had problems similar to that before, my usual solution is to just keep loading it and if it still works it will run 1 out of 20 times. As for the potential problem, there's a utility you can use called LAA that ups the amount of computer resources set aside for Dwarf Fortress. I've applied it to my version, and it loads fine, maybe try that. I don't know where to download it, but I know in the utilities section of Masterwork there's an accessible version.

The insight into the megabeasts is pretty cool, and ironically I know a lot about the ones you found. The iscodecohedron has an ability to roll itself, and it unleashes a different catastrophic attack depending on which side it lands on. The beans are the beanie people from one of the mario games, they're literally a humanoid bean. They actually make a really good adventurer because they have a solid outer bean shell that heals a lot faster than bone. I'm a bit surprised that there was a T rex megabeast, because we have about five non megabeast T rexes in. And the gooper blooper is a much more dangerous form of blooper, and the ocean of prisons happens to be right next to the koopa mountain home... so we might have to look out for him in modded hell.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 26, 2018, 10:32:35 pm »

Glad you liked my megabeast talk will talk about some more world stuff and megabeasts tomorrow also going to see if I can get adventure mode working using your advice anyway about time I went to bed see you tomorrow lol
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 100