Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 284720 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: The Continuation of Modded Hell (The Caverns Have Been Breached)
« Reply #900 on: March 06, 2018, 04:14:54 pm »

Would you guys be interested in another lore update of the koopa mountainhome sometime in the near future? Or is everyone waiting to see the caverns and the first siege?
Either is fine for me.

May I suggest having a visitor tavern in the front most part of the fort, as a first line of defense, and a locals bar in the fort proper?

Does Pikalord have any animals now?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #901 on: March 06, 2018, 04:36:55 pm »

Tbh I'm more interested in what actually goes on at the fort itself - seeing a siege and what dwells in the caverns would still make for a cool update story-wise.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 07, 2018, 06:27:40 am »

Just wanted to put it out there as a possibility in case some people were dying to hear what the king was up to, but I guess I'll save that for if the fort goes through a dull period. Instead, I'm going to try to be super descriptive of the caverns and make the retelling of the first invasion brutally accurate. It's probably not that far off, we've got 22 koopas, a decent amount of wealth, and we're within spitting distance of a whole host of cannibals.

And no, Pikalord has no pets because I have yet to find anything that resembles a pikachu. With operation 'catch everything' in the works I'm sure we'll catch you something soon.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 12:56:12 pm by MottledPetrel »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 09, 2018, 09:52:53 pm »

So it seems that there is a new update that both adds content and fixes some supposed bugs. Anyone know if it would be safe to add to the existing Modded Hell save?

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #904 on: March 09, 2018, 10:16:47 pm »

Why not give it a test run (on a seperate copy, obviously)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 09, 2018, 10:25:49 pm »

I more wanted to know if there was going to be anything gamebreaking farther down the line that I wouldn't necessarily be able to determine on a test run. On top of that I have no idea how effectively the effects of a 44.02(ish) save being converted to a 44.06 have been documented, because the modded hell save is pretty old. But yes, I will test it tomorrow if no one knows any pertinent information.

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Shokmug Onor will never die
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 10, 2018, 06:11:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm sorry, but we need to clean up the goop. + none of the additions would add any crash-inducing features.
The dwarven atom is made of !!TURKEY GOBLER!! remains

no one can deny this

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 10, 2018, 06:13:40 pm »

All in favor of goop cleaning, raise your right hand (and place it on your mouse to go vote on the poll).

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 10, 2018, 09:09:16 pm »

So it seems that there is a new update that both adds content and fixes some supposed bugs. Anyone know if it would be safe to add to the existing Modded Hell save?
Can't get that much more likely to crash. Running this fort is like balancing a porcelain set on a ruler just off the top of the Willis tower, while we try to add bricks onto the load in an attempt to stabilize.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 10, 2018, 10:22:45 pm »

I think we should update because half the fun is MottledPetrel's continually escalating problems.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 11, 2018, 04:46:35 pm »

If anything ever explained Modded Hell, it would be these two comments. I came into this knowing that it would be a train wreck, but I guess I'll break another main support beam, and see how that goes for us.

It doesn't help that all I'm doing to switch versions is copy and pasting the data and raws folder into a newer copy It took almost ten minutes for me to copy and paste the entirety of the data and raws folders, it's going to be fine.

That and the new index file, apparently that's important.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 06:31:20 pm by MottledPetrel »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 11, 2018, 07:57:41 pm »

I haven't had that much time for update recently, but a giant snow storm is heading my way this week, so I'm going to try to bust out some more updates then.
---
     Two koopas stand at the bottom of a deep stairway, one with a pickaxe in their hand, and one with a small drawing of a lawnmower. They are both looking through a large hole in the wall that reveals expansive caverns beyond it.
---
     'What the fuck am I looking at, this place looks like a barber's hair disposal' Mottled Petrel thought as he tried to make heads or tails of the underground flora.

To give Mottled Petrel credit, the tree rising in front of him did look like a giant heap of hair held up by a log. "Say, you're a miner, do you have any idea what this pile of hair is" Mottled Petrel asked Derpy Dev, who was standing behind him. Derpy Dev thought for a moment "I think I've heard about this from one of the visitors, I believe that it's a beardwood tree. For some reason, it grows beard hair instead of leaves. I've also heard that if you find one, it can come to be a real life-shaver!" Derpy Dev said, giggling out the last line.

Mottled Petrel died inside a little at hearing that pun, but continued to look around to see if he could find something not covered in facial hair. From his position he couldn't see many more plants than the usual stenchblooms, underberries, and cave grapes, but the water below him seemed to be teeming with life.

And by life, he saw that it was absolutely filled with baby cheeps. 'This place is going to be a nightmare for everyone if those baby cheeps ever mature into full sized cheep cheeps, we don't need to have a repeat of the river massacre of 78' "Just, just cover up this hole when you get a chance. There's nothing down here of interest so far, but I don't want the interesting things climbing up here with spike covered tentacles when we're not looking." Mottled Petrel said to Derpy Dev as he turned to climb back up the staircase "Alright sir, I'll get to it in time, just bear-d with me!". Mottled Petrel was past the point of feeling emotion for the day, but if that wasn't the case he would have likely banged his head against the wall a few time.

Up on the surface a flock of birdemic birds were actively trying to kill a giant moth in an aerial duel, while Enemy Post ran beneath them with his wooden AK 47. Mottled Petrel walked up to him "Enemy Post, why aren't you using the new weapon I had made for you? And didn't I forbid that wooden weapon?" Enemy Post didn't look over, as he was too busy trying to 'get a good shot' at the winged beasts far above him "Can't, on active hunting duty, no time.". Mottled Petrel, with the steel cannon in his arms, blinked "Well then you're off active hunting duty". Enemy Post looked towards him with a look of a kid about to throw a tantrum "FINE, I didn't want to hunt anyways" he yelled as he threw his wooden AK 47 to the ground. "Hey, Enemy Post" Mottled Petrel called as Enemy Post started to storm away "You're back on active hunting duty". Enemy Post looked elated, and ran back to retrieve his fire arm that was on the ground. "You can't use that one, that one is forbidden" Mottled Petrel called, causing Enemy Post to stop halfway through his attempt to pick up his weapon "But how do I hunt without weapon?" asked Enemy Post. Mottled Petrel held out the cannon in his hands "Here, don't tell anyone I did this, but you can use this special 'chief' hunter's weapon". Enemy Post ran to Mottled Petrel and took the steel cannon from his hands as if he was being knighted, and then flipped through the various control buttons, firing latches, and the other obscene amount of complicated doodads attached to the piece of artillery with the ease of someone who had been making artillery all their life.

Mottled Petrel instantly regretted his decision, the amount of competency Enemy Post was showing with his new weapon was alarming at best, terrifying at worst. As if to further cement this fear, Enemy Post ran back over to the crowd of birdemic birds still trying to kill the giant moth. He hoisted the cannon over his shoulder, and flipped through the magnification lenses on his weapon until he found one that he liked. With an earth shattering 'boom', Enemy Post fired a high velocity bullet bill up into the heavens as if to smite the gods themselves. The bullet bill shrieked up into the sky, with an expression that said its limited consciousness was craving the blood of the birdemic birds quickly getting closer to it.

The shot missed, and continued flying straight into the sky, but the shock wave of the passing bullet bill alone was enough to send the flock staggering back, likely with internal bleeding and bursted ear drums. What had once been a feeding frenzy was now a mad scramble to see who could fly away the fastest. Enemy Post chose not to pursue them, instead opting to look over his shoulder towards Mottled Petrel with an idiotic grin, and then to hold up one of his unused hands to give a thumbs up. Mottled Petrel smiled and shook his head, then walked away.

(togriq)

At the entrance Mottled Petrel noticed a haxxor and a togriq asking Pikalord if he could direct them to the tavern. Pikalord did, and then asked the two if they had seen any pikachus on their travel. Both of them looked at each other, and then unanimously said no. Pikalord walked back into the fort as if they were no longer worth his time. The two scratched their heads, but eventually walked inside. Before they did so, the haxxor turned and called behind him "ALRIGHT GUYS! This is the place", causing a large crowd to emerge from behind the hills.

Among them was a forumite (Ironically, the sworn enemy of the haxxor), a pianta (An oddly colorful and oddly muscular humanoid with a tree growing out of its head), two pirates, a ninja, and another togriq. They all swarmed into the entrance and into the tavern for free meals and free alcohol.

Farther out in the trees a large, horribly rotted zombie stumbled towards the fort. A huge, perforated sack was where his stomach should be, said sack was still filled with corrosive stomach acid, evident by the little drips that were escaping it. Mottled Petrel was just about to call the alarm when the pianta turned around to see the zombie "AAAAYYYyyy! Sto! Glad you could make it buddy. Drinks are on me at this place, I've got to tell you about all the crazy shit I've seen around this place. I'm telling you man, this place is the spot..." the pianta said as he put his arm around the zombies shoulder, walking him inside.

The zombie made a toothy grin with what little was left of his lips and made a few friendly groans. 'Where the hell are all these nutbags coming from, there are well established koopa towns just up north that have seen less total visitors in their decades of existence than we get in an afternoon. I swear, some of these guys better decide that they want to stay or I'm moving the tavern to the caverns' Mottled Petrel thought, as he watched the zombie drip his stomach acid all over the entrance ramp that had just been cleaned.
---
Still no invasion, but the tavern is still being filled with colorful characters that I never even knew existed. I'm going to try to update more, but no promises.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 13, 2018, 03:35:18 pm »

Bump
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #913 on: March 13, 2018, 04:22:06 pm »

That's pretty awesome how amongst this already bizarre band of friends, we still manage to have one member of their group stand out as weirder than the rest.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 13, 2018, 04:37:32 pm »

No way but the dinosaur way. Also cannon way.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 100