Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280445 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Hell: a hectic collection of conflicting mods and modifications
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2017, 10:59:24 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2017, 02:09:09 am »

Regarding the Koopa's NOSTUN, perhaps you could mod it so they only have the tag while awake via invisible self-interaction used every two days or somthing?

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2017, 03:03:00 am »

Just use dwarves? It really is just copying over the permitted reactions and buildings to the dwarf entity.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2017, 10:14:10 am »

But where's the fun in using dwarves when there is so many other options? And I think I'll just go without the NO_STUN for the sake of effort saving.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2017, 11:37:00 am »

Upon further consideration I think I might actually try to do that, we could do with more over complicated things that could go wrong :P. No promises that I'll get it anywhere near correct though.

Edit: I'm almost done putting in the mods that have been supplied so far, and will be trying a test fort to see if I broke anything important. I'm also thinking of adding the amalgamation of mods that have turned up in "Glory to Mother Mountain Home".
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 05:51:44 pm by MottledPetrel »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 11:46:06 am »

ooh nice
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2017, 12:57:35 pm »

Q: How did you mod fortress defence?

Asking because I've been contemplating modding it to make the civs lil unique with Lucelle's 173 weapons and armour and unique start locations rather than appearing all over the place for easier worldgen manipulation.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2017, 02:45:40 pm »

I haven't done a whole lot to it, I gave them access to a few more weapons and failed at changing their world gen locations. If you want to give them some more flair I would be grateful. I'm also in the process of trying to give the other civs I have some Lucelle weapons, so I'll skip fortress defense for now. Also, I think I know how to fix the zelda mod's civs, but no promises. Other pending mods just need to be slapped into the raws, in theory. Test fortress after these things have been resolved.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2017, 04:01:26 pm »

Don't hold your breath too much, I haven't even started with making a wiki for her incredibly terse work.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2017, 04:47:45 pm »

That's fine, I'll just go back to adding the weapons around. Anyone care to be dorfed and reserve a spot? Not for the test fortress, the real one. But I could throw in some people to the test fortress for lel's. After I decide if everything is working or not I'm just going to send everyone to kill the biggest thing on the map. Should be gruesome, so don't get too attached to your temporary characters.

Edit: Just tried to fix Zelda civs, they still crash the game after PLACING CIVILIZATIONS reaches 0. No idea why, any thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:04:36 pm by MottledPetrel »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2017, 06:47:36 pm »

Could be something hair related. has 'Nam flashbacks

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2017, 07:14:23 pm »

I'm not sure why hair would mess with the civ, but I'll look to see if there's anything weird with the hair. Thank you. And I got bored so I went ahead and did the test fort. It took me upwards of 30 tries to load it, but once it was going everything seemed to be working. I can't vouch for everything that has been added recently is working, but it seemed to mostly be. It all ended in fire because I forgot that the koopas spit lava. Update tomorrow.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2017, 07:33:38 pm »

I'm a bit too busy lately to try fixing it myself, but try loading the Zelda civs one at a time. That should zero in on which one is causing the problem. Also, you've checked for duped raws, right? That'll be the main problem in a mod compilation like this.

demon haiiiir...
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2017, 06:00:02 pm »

I'll get on that. But first, the test fort.

Soooo. The game works, all we really needed to confirm. I couldn't get images to work, but I have them in case someone explains to me how to actually upload images. It took me about 30 tries to load the world, but once loaded it did fine. Everything seemed to be in place. There were some seeds that turned up on embark that I didn't recognize. Enemy Post's creature pack is working, the birdemic birds were available to our civ. I have NO clue how they work, so I don't know if they'd be a good animal to take along with us. The one weird thing I noticed was that the only cave animal that was available was spore wings, from the caves revamped mod. I don't know if this is coincidence or if the cave animals from the different mods had a war that wiped them out? Or the large amount of animals is causing some to be restricted to only some areas? Doesn't really matter, no matter what the caves are going to kick the hell out of us.
     I confirmed the existence of most of the added civs, couldn't find them all because the world wasn't big enough to house them all. The world seemed to work fine, except that for some reason five or six remoraids fell dead out of the sky basically right on the wagon. With everything checked to be working for the most part I did what any good Dwarf Fortress player would do. I set  everyone against everything on the map. Mostly pokemon, but they happened to be mostly Malamar. For anyone who doesn't know, they are basically giant psychic squids. The Koopas actually held their own against the squids, but because they had so many fingers on their many hands they prioritized the use of dragon claw, which barely bruised the skin. I removed it, because I forgot how much that move sucked. In addition to that they breathed lightning and lava. The lightning was really effective, but the lava set fire to everything. The Malamar had no problem damaging the metal Koopas and began to rend and tear. Arms were torn off, metal flesh was dented to uselessness, and then one of the bomb-oms I brought blew up and it was all over.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 06:31:41 pm by MottledPetrel »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2017, 06:14:37 pm »

Those are album links, you need to use an image.png link.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 100