Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280433 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MottledPetrel said that if someone implemented the script that allows creatures to reproduce asexually he would use it.

That's what I'm doing right now.

Also, new question: would you like me to generate random genes for each new pregnancy or just copy the parent's genes? I don't know how to do the former, and so would have to research it. I'm pretty much done except for this.

EDIT: Here's the finished/almost finished code (depending on answer to above question):

Code: [Select]
local LAWNMOWER_NAME = 'LAWNMOWER'
local PREGNANCY_LENGTH = ?????
local PREGNANCY_CHANCE = ?????
local IMPREGNATION_REPEAT = ?????

local repeat_util = require 'repeat-util'

local rng = dfhack.random.new()

local function select_caste(race)
    local n = rng.random(99)
    local raws = df.global.world.raws.creatures.all[race]
    for i, chance in ipairs(raws.pop_ratio) do
        if n < chance then
            return i
        end
        n = n - chance
    end
end

--local function gen_random_genes(race, caste)
--end

local function impregnate_unit(unit)
    unit.pregnancy_timer = PREGNANCY_LENGTH
    unit.pregnancy_caste = select_caste()
    unit.pregnancy_genes = unit.appearance.genes --gen_random_genes(unit.race, unit.pregnancy_caste)
end

local function impregnate_lawnmowers()
    for i, unit in ipairs(df.global.world.units.all) do
        if df.global.world.raws.creatures.all[unit.race_id] == LAWNMOWER_NAME then
            if unit.pregnancy_timer == 0 then
                if generator.drandom() < PREGNANCY_CHANCE then
                    impregnate_unit(unit)
                end
            end
        end
    end
end

repeat_util.scheduleEvery('impregnate_lawnmowers()', IMPREGNATION_REPEAT, 'ticks', impregnate_lawnmowers)

(Note: it's compatible with multi-caste creatures since I implemented that before I got an answer to my question.)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 12:39:00 am by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

Pregnancies are usually 300k ~ roughly 9 months for sentients, and two thirds that for nonsentients. I don't know if your lawnmovers are intelligent; they're certainly different from the lawnmowers I'm used to.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

So! I heard you like conflicting mods that make everything hell!

Anyways this doesn't really conflict with anything, but I made a personal mod a little while back that allows you to turn meat into blocks, so you can build castles out of horse muscle. Since you said you wanted more mods... want me to share this?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Okay, that's not the weirdest thing to build magma cisterns from, though walls of sizzling bacon is still pretty up there.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

I'd love it if you could share the meat blocks mod! What could possibly be more intimidating than building a flesh fortress. It doesn't really have to conflict, we accept any mods, but conflicting is encouraged. And holy fuck bloop_bleep, it's beautiful. I didn't think someone was going to make it this quickly, or at all for that matter. And unless lawn mowers have any real distinguishing features it seems fine that they just get a copy of their parent's genes. That's really what asexual reproduction does, just makes a smaller copy of the parent. And yes, 9 months is usually for sentients, but 1 season is usually for live stock. I haven't even bothered to look at the lawn mower raws yet, are they sentient?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2 seasons for livestock. Otherwise you'd get your first doggos born in the summer :v

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Consider your meat needs satisfied ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Now that's not quite all you need for the mod. Put that into the raw folder, and then access the entity default files to find dwarf reactions. Searching the following will probably get you to where you need to go:
[PERMITTED_REACTION:ADAMANTINE_WAFERS]
After that, add this code directly underneath that line of code:
[PERMITTED_BUILDING:MEATHUT_DERPYDEV]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MEAT_BLOCKS_DERPYDEV]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MEAT_DOOR_DERPYDEV]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MEAT_TABLE_DERPYDEV]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MEAT_CHAIN_DERPYDEV]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MEAT_CHAIR_DERPYDEV]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MEAT_STATUE_DERPYDEV]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MEAT_BED_DERPYDEV]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MEAT_BARREL_DERPYDEV]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MEAT_CAGE_DERPYDEV]

After that, the world is your meaty oyster! Side note: You might have to do this for your currently existing world for this to work, and I dunno if you can add workshops to existing worlds that easily. Haven't tested it. Good luck though!

Also, mind dorfing me as well? Thanks :)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Glad to see another mod for the collection! And by the way, we're using modified koopas for this, look on the first page for roughly what I have done to them. I'll dorf koopa you, any preference for occupation or pets?

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Glad to see another mod for the collection! And by the way, we're using modified koopas for this, look on the first page for roughly what I have done to them. I'll dorf koopa you, any preference for occupation or pets?

Okay, I'll be koopaed.

Hmm... pets and occupation... if I could be the manager and have an office with a meat chair, table, and bed, I'm happy :D

Even if you can't do the meat thing, manager sounds good. Thanks!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meat furniture is definitely going to be a thing, but you might have to remind me to give you meat furniture specifically. I will admit though, that in my two years of playing dwarf fortress I have never used a manager, but you'll be it and I might bother to learn how to use him.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meat furniture is definitely going to be a thing, but you might have to remind me to give you meat furniture specifically. I will admit though, that in my two years of playing dwarf fortress I have never used a manager, but you'll be it and I might bother to learn how to use him.

Thanks!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would you mind if I set you as a farmer until we set up a manager, and once we get more than just the first 7 dwarves switch you out to manager? We're gonna need that extra food early game.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Lawnmowers are animals.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would you mind if I set you as a farmer until we set up a manager, and once we get more than just the first 7 dwarves switch you out to manager? We're gonna need that extra food early game.

Sure. No problem!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whatever they are, bloop_bleep the mechanic is hooking them up with a self replication chip before we leave the home  :P. At this point we have way more lore for these lawn mowers than anything else, when we start one of the first things I'm going to do is make a temple and fill it with statues of lawn mowers.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 11:13:27 am by MottledPetrel »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 100