Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280340 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

It was an effort on google docs some time ago that some people - like Japa, to name one I recall - worked on. More correct colours, also, I think?

I saved the raws after it was complete but forgot where I saved the text file (looked earlier but couldn't find it, but I do recall I placed it somewhere weird).

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

It would probably be possible to make it so we can brew a drink from their meat or something we get from butchering them, but at that point we would be introducing the transformation meat to the fortress. And I'm not quite sure what the new trees proper density raws are, but I'll try to look into it.
It would probably be possible to make it so we can brew a drink from their meat or something we get from butchering them, but at that point we would be introducing the transformation meat to the fortress. And I'm not quite sure what the new trees proper density raws are, but I'll try to look into it.
brew a drink from their meat

I'll start working on meat wine.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

The things people decide to make for this is amazing. I think to do it you have to make the butchered meat classified as plant or something. But the real question is, would it really be wine? Or would it be an ale or something different? I smell another useless poll that makes everyone who stumbles upon it question their existence. Keep up the good work.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Screw it, just add all the mods.

All of them. Every last one.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Surely nothing can go wrong with this.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess caution will be thrown to the wind, and I'll dump it in. I was resisting it because someone said that it was really outdated and it might cause problems. But I'll try it. If anything seems to be broken I'm going to pull the plug and take out all of it, because I don't feel like testing all of it.

Nothing could possibly go wrong though...

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

I said it was outdated, but I meant that the pack itself has old versions of the mods. The current versions of the various mods should be fine, barring duping issues and the sheer number of mods.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well in that case, lets dump them in. I fear we may be approaching the point of "this is just too much for dwarf fortress to handle" but until then everything is fair game. I'm in the process of adding the lawnmower reproduction script at the moment, so that will be next.

Edit: quick question, do I just dump all the lua's a find into the dfhack scripts folder? As well as I'm finding some .diff, .insert, and .init files I've never seen, any idea where those should be put?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 06:19:37 pm by MottledPetrel »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile

I tried to make my own megamix quite a while back. It ain't too much until you start running into Impoverished Word Selectors and the creatures alone take half a minute to load.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

I tried to make my own megamix quite a while back. It ain't too much until you start running into Impoverished Word Selectors and the creatures alone take half a minute to load.

Only half a minute?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile

I just want to see a test run of this.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There already was a test run of this a while back. I loaded the world, and after I discerned that evreything was working I sent the koopas to go kill the giant psychic squid monsters that were on the map. They actually did an okay job of fending him off, but one of the bomb-ombs I brought blew itself up and killed everyone. I'm going to have to do another test run when I add in the borechanced mods anyways, so I'll just post the results here. Should I try to actually go a season or two, or just turn everyone loose on whatever happens to wander by?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, meat constructing, communist turtles, lawnmower ranchers. 

With some focus in something edible that turns the eater to that something edible. 
But visitors do not eat; so the focus switch to something drinkable to make the drinker turn to that something. 

Which spawns the idea for meat booze of sort? 
How about something to make those useless barrels of blood or barrel of venom into booze?

How about, milking the lawnmower to gain lawnmower oil, and having that oil use-able in making soap? 

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

Huh, changing barrels of venom into barrels of booze? Now that's appealing, for some reason.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 100