Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280397 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Lawnmowers already bleed gasoline from their engines, that might useful somehow.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lawnmowers already bleed gasoline from their engines, that might useful somehow.

Woah.  That's like next level cold fusion.  A self-replicating entity that bleeds fuel to keep it going.   Not only that, it can function as guard for the a thriving civilization that spread it's value through propaganda.  Now if said entity can produce itself to sustain the citizens via food and drink intakes, then this is the key for world domination. 

The civilization's enemies will also have inherent fear because their remains will serve as building materials to grow it ever large.  Borgs will know fear.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

There are so many hidden layers we can dig into for this world. Because modded hell is like ogres. Ogres, have, LAYERS. It's good to see that our stars the lawnmowers are still getting so much attention. And it only takes you half a minute to load the creatures? HA. It takes me upward of three to load all of these. possibly test fortress this weekend, if I feel like it. But I'd like to see how fucked adventure mode is sometime, so I might try that eventually.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 05:18:29 pm by MottledPetrel »

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile

What do you get if you milk the lawnmowers???
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe the plan is to milk motor oil from them, which could be used as oil for soap. And since the Koopas are made of metal it might make sense to say that they do that to keep all their metal joints limber. Or something, this is truly just people making nonsensical things more nonsensical. And I love it.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have another suggestion for something to add. I am currently working on a script that makes items dropped on top of minecarts go into the minecarts; it's not quite finished, but when it is, could we include it? It would allow for some really interesting fully automated transport systems, since the other two parts of minecart transportation (moving & dumping) can already be automated in the base game.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

Hm. Are we talking projectiles, or are we talking any item sharing a tile with minecart?

The second might have some unexpected consequences, but the first one requires track stops dumping into cart to be on different z-levels.

Also, yay, something on my list that I don't have to code.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dumping from above only, which means water can't push items into minecarts from the side. It also means dumping from track stops won't work so well, either, but I could make an exception for that specific case.
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you make it, and it works, I'll put it in. I have little experience with mine carts though, so I'm not sure how much use that particular script will get.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So Minecart #12 on stockpile #A at z-1.  At z+0, garbage zone over #A. 
Item X flagged for dump.  Urist dumps item X, and item X goes inside Minecart #12?   

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Item X flagged for dump.  Urist dumps item X, and item X goes inside Minecart #12?
If there is no floor above the minecart, then yes, it will go in.

EDIT: I realize that I didn't make this entirely clear. Dumping is not required for the items to go into the minecart; any items falling from above into the minecart will go in. So you can have a water system on the level above to push all the items in the area onto a hatch, which can then open to place the items within the minecart.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 01:46:14 pm by bloop_bleep »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

So, you can more easily fill mine carts with junk, then throw them at your enemies?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: I realize that I didn't make this entirely clear. Dumping is not required for the items to go into the minecart; any items falling from above into the minecart will go in. So you can have a water system on the level above to push all the items in the area onto a hatch, which can then open to place the items within the minecart.

I just wanted to make that clear, because the above example can be applied to a generic container.

So Container #12 on stockpile #A at z-1.  At z+0, dump zone over #A. 
Item X flagged for dump.  Urist dumps item X, and item X goes inside Container #12?

Now replace Container #12 with Minecart, Barrel, Bucket, Jug, Netherwood Cup, Obsidian Mugs, or Platinum Goblets. 

Next, replace Item X with Magma. 

Here, have a drink of Magma [833].

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, you can more easily fill mine carts with junk, then throw them at your enemies?
Yes, with a little ingenuity one can design a system where the corpses and loot from the previous run of a piledriver could automatically be gathered up and placed into minecarts to be shot at enemies next time. Perhaps some loot could be removed from the system on-demand so it could be used elsewhere in the fortress.

EDIT:

I just wanted to make that clear, because the above example can be applied to a generic container.

So Container #12 on stockpile #A at z-1.  At z+0, dump zone over #A. 
Item X flagged for dump.  Urist dumps item X, and item X goes inside Container #12?

Now replace Container #12 with Minecart, Barrel, Bucket, Jug, Netherwood Cup, Obsidian Mugs, or Platinum Goblets. 

Next, replace Item X with Magma. 

Here, have a drink of Magma [833].

I could do both those things if you wanted me to, but I'd better finish what I'm doing currently before going on to that.

Also, I'm not sure if ingesting magma would do what you would think. Magma may or may not have an ingestion syndrome attached to it. If it doesn't, perhaps we could mod one in, but I'm skeptical about that as well.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 02:05:34 pm by bloop_bleep »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean, the Koopas currently spit magma. So how much damage could it possibly do on the way in instead of out? But just think about it, we could serve magma drinks to all the useless bards that will inevitably fill up the tavern.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 100