Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280398 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I heard you can have an animal trapper in vanilla that can butcher vermins for meat?

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile

Can we mix blood and motor oil together into a fermented drink though ???

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

The motor oil hasn't been implemented yet, it wouldn't be that hard to do but no one has gotten to it. The blood drink I think is going to be done by Derpy Dev who is making the meat wine. No word from him on the progress of this potential item. If we get the two things working we could totally make a combination drink, and it would kinda make sense for the metal koopas to be drinking a drink that both helps their metal parts and their organic parts.

Edit: I can confirm that the sleeping forever bug has been fixed. We are also under attack by a swarm of birddemic birds and the Goombas are already attacking. It just turned summer.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 07:49:46 pm by MottledPetrel »

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

Yo!

So, over the past couple of days I've been working on meat brew, and... I dunno what I'm doing wrong. If nobody catches what probably obvious mistake I made, I'll move this to its own thread in the modding section, but... here's the reaction code so far:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MEAT_BREW_DERPYDEV]
[NAME:Make Meaty Brew]
[BUILDING:MEATHUT_DERPYDEV:CUSTOM_R]
[REAGENT:M:1:MEAT:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[UNROTTEN]
[REAGENT:C:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY]
[FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:DRINK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:M:DRINK_MAT]
[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:C]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:BUTCHER]

I've tried a dozen minor variations of that, and every time the result is one of these two:
They take the mountain goat meat and the barrel to the workshop and come out with an empty barrel.
They take the mountain goat meat and the barrel to the workshop and come out with a barrel full of n/a.

Neither of these are acceptable.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think DRINK_MAT is defined for meat. You would have to add that to the replicating creature raws.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think DRINK_MAT is defined for meat. You would have to add that to the replicating creature raws.

And I did think of that. I replaced DRINK_MAT with NONE like I did with all the other meat items and inside the barrels was n/a, but this way the barrels are empty.

Either way this sucks, but I did try that.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe try changing the meat of a test animal to have DRINK_MAT?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

check the old Brewing Meat meat wine and this bloodwine
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 01:22:09 am by Sanctume »

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

check the old Brewing Meat meat wine and this bloodwine

Okay that's exactly what I need. I'll finish up the code today! Thanks for the help!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Update for test fort tonight (probably). I'm not sure what we did to it, I was expecting the game to get more unstable with all of these mods, but for some reason it has become incredibly more stable. It now only take 2-5 attempts to successfully load instead of the 15-20 tries it took when we started. There have also been minimal crashes, except sometimes when I "V" over a koopa it crashes. Other than that things seem to be doing well, except that this is the first fort I have ever played where I have been attacked during the first season. It was only one Goomba and he ran off when some passerby shot lightning at him, but this is surely just a precursor to the insane amount of armies that are going to try to crush us for being in the middle of this war zone. The meat building goes slow, but we're getting there. Good luck with the meat drinks Derpy Dev, I'm looking forward to using them in the real fort. Even without them in it's given me a lot of story ideas for the lore I'm going to spin for the real fort. I am now accepting names for the fort and funny/stupid names for the koopas, seeing as how we have had little takers for dorfing.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

Post to Modded Hell
Here is the billdad. I have not tested it much in its non-D4FS form, so it may not work.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Additional idea: cultists, who have an interaction to induct other cultists. It is up to you whether they are actually dangerous, able to summon Cthulu, or simply a nuisance.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp, I guess I'll add them when I get a chance. They could prove handy for some elaborate traps of some kind (not sure traps for who because I'm a bit iffy on what you can feed meat by just having it in their vicinity, but we'll figure it out as we go). And the capitalists we have function like your idea for cultists, the slowly bring loyal communists over to their side and once they grow big enough they can decide to rebel. I'm sure we could probably weasel in a few more things like that though (I realize now that we have a lot of impending calamities on our hands by just having these things exist in the raws, but hopefully it'll make for an entertaining spectacle).

I started up the world again. I designated a hallway dug into the hill with a big room at the end.

There's a hole in the ceiling over part of it, I have decided that it's going to become a meat tower if I take this game far enough to build one. Farms have been set up, and one of the naga men is climbing trees and jumping off of them. He's still alive, but he's got like two punctured lungs and is running around in the farm fields.

Even with two punctured lungs, he's REALLY fast. He keeps bumping into people, but no fighting has been done. Someone dropped a tree on one of our biddybugs, I guess more meat for the meat tower? Speaking of which, we are dangerously low on meat, the beta males only eat meat (or at least heavily prefer it) so this could get bad.

Workshops were placed, new pokemon came onto the map. Nothing was getting done and we were starting to run out of food so I activated autolabor. For those who don't know, beta males, gremlins, and fallen picori's can only do hauling unless autolabor is enabled. I'm probably going to disable it once we are established better, but for now we need to set up shop before we starve or are attacked.

Speaking of which, we have our first assailant. IT ISN'T EVEN SUMMER FOR FUCK'S SAKE. He ran after he was discovered, but come on, the first season and we're already being attacked. This doesn't bode well for the longevity of our people.

After the goomba left a swarm of killer birdemic birds came onto the map. Everyone who doesn't have to be aboveground is now underground. A vertical shaft has been dug down, hematite and lignite are being mined in hopes to arm ourselves before we get slaughtered by something on the horizon. The caravan has come and migrants have come. I saved when that happened, but most likely most of the money is going to be spent on meat. The nagini is still running around with two punctured lungs and a bruised stomach, I'm not sure what to do about it.

Also, any idea how to make my pictures less gigantic?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 03:51:58 pm by MottledPetrel »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Make the posted image show a certain width and the user can click on it to enlarge it to full size: add "width=400" after the img in the first tag. 
Code: [Select]
[img width=400]http_link_to_image_file[/img]

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you, images have been made less gigantic.

I would also like to mention that we are being well dressed gentlemen during this fort.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 04:22:49 pm by MottledPetrel »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Fly, my Birdemic! Swarm forth, on .gif wings!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 100