Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280370 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Hahaha, thieves already? Shaping up to be fun.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

This test fort is really shaping out to be something. I got a Great weaponsmith who makes 3/6 mastercraft weapons on the first try, another goomba thief in summer, two more giant flocks of birds have come in, and a bard comes literally a day after I open the tavern.

I can only imagine how bad this is going to be for the real fort when we start sending war parties out to everyone.

Edit: make that 3 bards. Come on, where are the mercenaries.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 07:01:33 pm by MottledPetrel »

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

So... awkward story... but you know how sometimes you agree to do something today, forget for two days like an idiot, and then get sick out of your gomn dad mind and can't finish the mod because you are to sick to even understand what you're looking at?

...might take a tad longer than it should.

Here's what I've got so far though. The new reaction code:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MEAT_BREW_DERPYDEV]
[NAME:Make Meaty Brew]
[BUILDING:MEATHUT_DERPYDEV:CUSTOM_R]
[REAGENT:M:1:MEAT:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[UNROTTEN]
[REAGENT:C:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY]
[FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:DRINK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:M:BREW_MAT]
[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:C]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:BUTCHER]

And in the material_template_default file I added this:

[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BREW_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD]

Now this does currently just make you get barrels full of goat blood... but I'm getting there. I'll get back to work on it again when I can think straight. Sorry for the delay!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... awkward story... but you know how sometimes you agree to do something today, forget for two days like an idiot, and then get sick out of your gomn dad mind and can't finish the mod because you are to sick to even understand what you're looking at?
Erm.... that happened to me too. Minus the sick part.

Gotta get working on that minecart thing again....
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile

Humans are intelligent, unless you change that, so you can't do any reactions with their corpse.

You could set the visitor limit to the highest number you are okay with.

[sorry FOR BUTTING IN HERE WHILST NOT HAVING READ THE LAST FEW PAGES]

Or, you could modify the koopas ethics ever-so-slightly so that they would be okay with butchering sapients.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not sure what kind of ripple effect such a change would make on the Koopa empire as a whole, but that is something I might actually do. Is it just a tag, or do I have to change some ethic from "unthinkable" to "acceptable". Take as long as you need on the meat drink Derpy Dev, as long as it's complete by the time we are ready to start the real fort. Toady One claims to only have 4 more things to do before the new version is out, so that should be soon. We might have to wait until dfhack has been updated to the new version and we figure out what files we need to slap into the existing Dwarf Fortress folder to get all of our stuff into the new version. I predict maybe like mid-November we'll start, but as things come up that estimate will probably change.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah I think you just need to set tags/tokens related to eating and making trophies out of sapients to either ''Acceptable'' or ''Personal Matter''

https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/q8wmj/how_can_i_butcher_humans/?st=j9gypcrs&sh=4eacf772][This] https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/q8wmj/how_can_i_butcher_humans/?st=j9gypcrs&sh=4eacf772 reddit thread has a nice summary

[Sorry for not knowing how to format these links nicely :-\ ]

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile

Eating sapients is currently bugged. Might be fixed in the next release.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eating sapients may be bugged... but is building castles with them?

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...and sigged.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...and sigged.

I'm okay with this :D

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This thread has created a ton of great quotes, it's amazing.

Edit: update tonight (maybe, if not today then tomorrow)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 03:04:39 pm by MottledPetrel »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As much as I hate to admit it, this fort is doing incredibly well for the situation it is in. The thieves attacking us already alludes to this all going downhill pretty soon though, but we'll see how long I actually care to keep this going before I dfhack something stupid in to end it all.

Anyways, migrants and the caravan are here. The migrants only turned out to be a great bookbinder and a guy with pretty good glass making and mechanic skills. They were both put into the military because it seems that death is on every horizon, along with the stray yoshi, yoshi's suck. I don't know who here has ever played with the Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom mod, but yoshis will literally pick up an item in an attempt to haul it and then hold it for a few days, until they have to drink, but then they pick up another item and hold it. I have no idea how this will affect his military performance, but at least he should work as a distraction. A minimal amount of meat was bought from the caravan, didn't have much to barter with nor did the caravan have anything really of value on it.

Dug out a smelting room 5 urists down from the main hall, next to a magnetite vein and coal. Birdemic birds left the map without causing any trouble (unfortunately) and were replaced with staravias (more birds). A Carnivine starved to death, it was a grazer and died because it was incubating its egg for too long. It's a shame we lost her, if the baby doesn't turn out to be a girl we won't have a breading pair. A carnivine is basically a giant venus flytrap with a mess of vines that it uses to walk, seems like a potentially really useful war animal.

Dug out hospital, stockpile area, dining room, bookkeeper's study, underground farm, and training area. I was going to lable them, but you can probably figure it out from the picture.

We were attacked by another goomba theif, made an attempt at having the military chase him down, with no luck. Some cage traps were set out in the field in front of the entrance, and almost immediately we caught a biddybug. This is pretty convenient, considering we dropped a tree on the last one we had. She tamed instantly, so more meat for the meat fortress. Speaking of which, I built an entrance bridge out of charizard brain. I would have preferred to make it out of hte meat of our enemies, but until we actually have some meat for that we need defense. I'll replace it when viable. Caught another biddybug, tamed and pastured.

Many babies were born at the same time, then some migrants arive: novice farmer, cottonee (owned), great metal smith, great trapper, great engraver, great weapon smith, great fisherkoopa.

The weapon smith literally makes two masterworks in like 5 seconds of being in the fort. I don't know if anyone has any experience with this, but even though the Koopas have six arms they weild all their weapons with the same hand. I give them six swords and it's all in the same hand, and yet they can still use each individual sword effectively. I can only imagine that this is a detriment to their combat effectiveness, any ideas on how to fix this?

Dug out tavern, library, and temple, and get three bards maybe the day after it is opened. I would normally never open a tavern this early, but for the sake of testing I wanted to see what we'd get. And it seems to be a Squeek bard and two white tiger women bards. I quit for the night a few days after I opened the tavern, so hopefully we'll get some useful mercenaries. Caught another biddybug, despite them being decent livestock, this is not really an animal that I care to waste cages on. Despite the impending invasions and bard-pocalypse, this is going pretty well, hopefully it will still be working fine when we decide ot make real fort. Any news on the progress of the meat drink?

Edit: making an attempt to add that script for butchering sapient animals, stay tuned.
Edit Again: In adventure mode I found that Koopa's in adventure mode have an "Unidentified Interaction" or something where the communist greeting should be, I'm not sure what I did wrong.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 12:16:11 pm by MottledPetrel »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Is the communist stuff in a folder beginning with [OBJECT:INTERACTION]?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 100