Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280350 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

I'm probably going to do a full update today or tomorrow, but there is something that's sticking out as potentially broke. I've had the caverns open for about a season and they have been completely devoid of animal life. There's even a hole leading to the next cavern layer, but I have yet to see anything other than plants. Regarding the caverns, I also noticed that most of the Caves Revamped creatures have some kind of necrosis causing attack. How does necrosis affect a creature made out of metal?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm probably going to do a full update today or tomorrow, but there is something that's sticking out as potentially broke. I've had the caverns open for about a season and they have been completely devoid of animal life. There's even a hole leading to the next cavern layer, but I have yet to see anything other than plants. Regarding the caverns, I also noticed that most of the Caves Revamped creatures have some kind of necrosis causing attack. How does necrosis affect a creature made out of metal?
Do Koopas have the GENERAL_POISON class? If so, yes, the syndrome will affect them.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

Do Koopas have the GENERAL_POISON class? If so, yes, the syndrome will affect them.
If creatures made of metal get Necrosis, let's just call it Corrosion instead. That sounds cooler.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe that they do have GENERAL_POISON class (I couldn't find it, but I don't think I fucked with it so it should be there). And something along the lines of corrosion would definitely make a lot more sense, so I'll use that in the write ups for when all of our noble warriors get cheap shotted with syndromes and die a not valiant death in the hospital.

Edit: work on the meat tower has begun. It is a mix of muscle and organs, but the point of "we will kill you and use your corpses to expand our glorious fort" is still shown pretty well with it. Soon all will tremble in fear before the mighty meat castle.
Edit again: it has also come to my attention that flygons can breath dragon fire. One goomba theif has been incinerated at the cost of basically half the map being reduced to ash
Edit again 2: all right, I know I should stop editing this, but there was another thief. It was a troll, and after the military killed him the Yoshi ATE HIM WHOLE.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 02:50:01 pm by MottledPetrel »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit again 2: all right, I know I should stop editing this, but there was another thief. It was a troll, and after the military killed him the Yoshi ATE HIM WHOLE.

Wait, how can it do that? Does it have an interaction which targets re-animatable bodies and transforms them into creatures which somehow make themselves disappear?
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know man, it's an interaction is about all I can tell you. It's a pretty METAL reaction though, sucks that we couldn't butcher him instead the giant forest fire that is now destroying the map would've destroyed his body anyways.

All right, giant update because I was lazy and held off on making two smaller updates. That, and shit hit the fan really quickly and I wanted to be thorough in my retelling of it.

First thing I did was dig a staircase to the caverns to see if I could find any of the cool new creatures.

At the time, and for a long time after, there were no creatures in sight.

While that was happening I caught  six zebsrtikas on the surface. Zebstrikas are basically electric zebras with giant spiky hair. Right after that we were attacked by another goomba theif. I'm not sure if I want to take a picture just every thief that comes by, but I will if you guys want me too. The huge amount of thieves first year is making them lose their luster a little. I designated temple from one of the rooms already dug out on the main hallway. This was the point where the houndors killed half the fortress with flamethrower and crashed my game, so when I loaded it up again I designated houndors to be pastured underground.

I sent out the military to go kill a miccino because they needed the live training, and I felt like it. Bumpty caravan then arrived, basically big, blue, sentient penguins.

They brought a LOT of blood barels. Basically a quarter of their trade good were blood barrels. More meat was bought though, as well as a dugtrio and some paper. A koopa dies of thirst, no idea where or how, but most likely in some tree (I later found him in a tree when they were all collapsing from the fire). Because of this, I began digging out tomb. Usually I make it so that there is a custom engraving at the foot of each coffin telling how the Koopa died, but I'm not going to bother for Test Fort. More meat blocks were set to be made for the rise of the meat tower. Piloswines were spotted in the caverns, they are also an above ground creature so not sure why they're down there. I'm hoping to see some Caves Revamped creatures before I decide to dump this fort.

Many nipper spores were born, soon to grow into piranha plants. I tend to place piranha plants along main hallways and important entrances because they are immobile and act as good sentries. Cottonee starved to death after trying to incubate infertile egg deep underground in the houndor area, not really surprised, most grass type pokemon just end up dying because of that.

Beginning of meat tower. For reference, it is being erected through the hole in the ceiling of the main entrance hallway. Most of the blocks ended up being lung tissue, but I'm considering any organ as valid meat at this point.

Troll theif and goomba theif arrive, signaling the beginning of the end of all the peace and candy canes our fort was enjoying until now.

Before the military can make it outside to intervene the pokemon pastured outside get to them first.

The flygons shoots dragon fire and instantly melt everything in front of them, including the goomba theif and two buzzers. The Troll was farther back, and decides to run away from the inferno and legions of pokemon shooting every move under the sun. Then has the gall to turn around and try to steal something again. The troll is then killed by military with little difficulty, but then it gets weird.

I notice that instead of there being a troll corpse there is just a puddle of saliva. Apparently, the Yoshi ate the Troll's corpse whole. If I cared to role play it, I would have given him an instant promotion, and then taken it away because Yoshi's suck. Then the fire begins to spread, and consumes the whole map via spreading through tree tops. An infinite amount of "something has collapsed on surface" spam brings a halt to work. The collapsing debris breaks holes in the ceiling. Ironically, I found the dead farmer because of this.

This picture is kind of redundant because it doesn't show where that particular tree was, but it was right next to where the meat tower was starting. Work on the meat tower will probably be suspended for a long time.

Holes in the cieling continue to show up. Eventually,  the debris falls through the existing holes and break holes in the floor. All the brown squares with a white dot in the middle are impassible holes in the floor.

Finally, the dining room has caught on fire some how. Presumably because still on fire debris fell and ignited all the cave moss. An unfortunate Fallen Picori hunter burns to death inside while eating. With the doors blocked, the fire shouldn't spread to the rest of the fort. But I'm going to take a quick breather and see if anyone has any suggestions on how to not burn to death. The fire is still spreading outside and is about to reach the pastured pokemon and the front entrance, and debris is still falling and breaking apart the fort. If you need me, I'll be in a fetal position under my desk.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

The Yoshis have an interaction that reanimate a corpse, and turns it into a creature that almost instantly evaporates. The interaction also gives the Yoshis the ability to spit out corpse chunks as a projectile for a while.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Reminds me of Boredchance - fires were an issue too - I don't recall the collapses of trees and so on causing massive gaps in the ceiling though.

Also those fucking boar things killing most fort members, I don't remember what they were called - think they were from the MH mod.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Yoshis have an interaction that reanimate a corpse, and turns it into a creature that almost instantly evaporates. The interaction also gives the Yoshis the ability to spit out corpse chunks as a projectile for a while.
Ha! So I did predict it correctly.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*vomits in disgust and mental agony*

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

in this, you can make walls out of meat, and also drink meat. Why do you mind the flesh chunks?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

Yeah, desert sounds good.

Or even just treeless grassland.

Underground, settle in stone/floor over soil.

Yoshi recruits might be best not used for single targets.

Lots of thieves is novel tho.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile

snip

Edit: work on the meat tower has begun. It is a mix of muscle and organs, but the point of "we will kill you and use your corpses to expand our glorious fort" is still shown pretty well with it. Soon all will tremble in fear before the mighty meat castle.

snip

Now you need bread to also be a construction material - make the foundation out of bread, a meat layer, then a roof layer for a building-sized bacon sandwich.

And then two arches made out gold....nah, nobody would buy that.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 09:13:27 pm by Darkening Kaos »
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

in this, you can make walls out of meat, and also drink meat. Why do you mind the flesh chunks?

I mean... to be fair, I did make that meat mod, so...

Yeah I'll shut up.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile

Reminds me of Boredchance - fires were an issue too - I don't recall the collapses of trees and so on causing massive gaps in the ceiling though.

Also those fucking boar things killing most fort members, I don't remember what they were called - think they were from the MH mod.
Bullfangoes the nicest cuddliest boars out their, or perhaps mosswines ??? 
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 100