Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280348 times)

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile

Now you need bread to also be a construction material - make the foundation out of bread, a meat layer, then a roof layer for a building-sized bacon sandwich.

IndigoFenix's Dwarven Bread

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

Are you serious, the exact thing that was requested as a joke actually exists? Now all we need is lettuce, tomato, and mustard blocks. I'm not entirely sure how bread buildings will fit into the lore, but I'm definitely adding this. And I am also now considering desert as desirable, or maybe someone can make make fire extinguishers to go along with the lawnmowers. Or maybe just something that emits some kind of dust that puts out fire (if that's even possible) or that destroys grass around it to stop the fires from spreading. When the real fort starts there will definitely be more focus on fire safety "Smokey the Lawnmower says 'only you can be careful about breathing fire everywhere and burning us all to death'".

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

Are you serious, the exact thing that was requested as a joke actually exists? Now all we need is lettuce, tomato, and mustard blocks. I'm not entirely sure how bread buildings will fit into the lore, but I'm definitely adding this. And I am also now considering desert as desirable, or maybe someone can make make fire extinguishers to go along with the lawnmowers. Or maybe just something that emits some kind of dust that puts out fire (if that's even possible) or that destroys grass around it to stop the fires from spreading. When the real fort starts there will definitely be more focus on fire safety "Smokey the Lawnmower says 'only you can be careful about breathing fire everywhere and burning us all to death'".

So tempted to sig the same person twice in the same thread...

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could someone remind me how to disable "something has collapsed on surface" from dragging you to the site and pausing every time. It turns out that my game thinks that every detail of the entire map being consumed in a raging inferno is important.

The fire has also made it inside the main area, so we are straight fucked.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 07:04:16 pm by MottledPetrel »

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

RIP meat castle.

Oh yeah, and I guess that the innocents that died in the fire deserve pity too. Sorry you guys suffered and stuff.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

What are you talking about, the meat castle is fine. It's just the people in it that are having problems.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would also like to report that the fire has MELTED some of the rocks in the stone stockpile.

The meat castle never made it off the ground though, the fire started right as the meat castle was started.

VolcanoQueen

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a robot or something.
    • View Profile

Melting in a giant, bacon-smelling inferno caused by trying to build a castle out of giant chunks of meat. Overall, not the worst way to go. Certainly interesting.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Melting in a giant, bacon-smelling inferno caused by trying to build a castle out of giant chunks of meat. Overall, not the worst way to go.

Am sigging this. This thread is basically gonna be a signature/out of context quote farm.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:48:47 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

edit /data/init/announcements.txt

Not that it'd make things less burning. Lessons in fire safety, ITT: Do not fire flamethrowers in your home.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's good to see some submissions that don't breath fire and/or shoot necrosis causing syndromes fro once. At this point, mundane animals are like a whole new kind of exotic. In the process of adding and updating. And thanks for the reminder of where the notification settings are Fleeting Frames, I know it won't help with everything burning to the ground every couple of minutes but it will help me ignore them and pretend that we haven't turned the countryside into an ashen wasteland.

Also, wow, there are a lot of types of dolphins in this pack. I approve, but chances are people would probably frown upon us killing them like everything should in Dwarf Fortress.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 04:25:02 pm by MottledPetrel »

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I ended up getting annoyed there were no dolphins (besides orcas but unless you are a  taxonomist it doesn't really count) so I decided to add all of them, only to realize..... there are a lot of dolphin species, same thing with the cata

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could I request a Dolphin civ or something, if it doesn't ruin the vibe of "Mundane Creatures"? Or maybe a civ of sea creatures that breathe air with lots of casts that make them into different sea creatures so we can actually see some of these sea creatures inland? Also, I have just discovered ZM5's Spooky Halloween pack, as always it looks super good and is full of things that I should never hope we ever see for fear of instant annihilation. Who's ready to celebrate a late Halloween this year?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have added a dolphin civ, although for now it's mostly just a modified human civ
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 100