Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280408 times)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile

I tried making mermaids amphibious once, given that failed to maken a civ functional I take it it its more complicated than most modding in this game is ???

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Could I request a Dolphin civ or something, if it doesn't ruin the vibe of "Mundane Creatures"? Or maybe a civ of sea creatures that breathe air with lots of casts that make them into different sea creatures so we can actually see some of these sea creatures inland? Also, I have just discovered ZM5's Spooky Halloween pack, as always it looks super good and is full of things that I should never hope we ever see for fear of instant annihilation. Who's ready to celebrate a late Halloween this year?
Shouldn't be too bad unless you embark on an evil biome or dig too early into the third layer, hee hee.

Or unless the skeleton or circus armies invade.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

Knowing my luck I'll get all of them as soon as conceivably possible I'm sure it will be fine, it'll be their funeral trying to get through all the fire that I can only imagine will always be at the fort. I'm going to tamper with it a little to give the Koopas the anchors, because they're really cool and I want to see how a small six armed creature handles an overly huge multi grasp weapon. Also, I think I might spend the time to turn the dolphin civ into their own fully fledged thing. No promises though, and my expertise is fucking with existing raws, so I'm not all too sure how well I'm going to be able to make something from scratch.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I give you full permission to modify the dolphin civ to your liking, but not the (in the newest update to the mod should be working) neanderthal civ, which I plan to exploit the upcoming expansion to domestication with

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

I forgot 'bout this. Saw a dwarf and pet section, so I'd like a dorf and a lolcat as a pet
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can do. Any specific profession, lore, or personality you want me to try to go with? I'm going to try to AT LEAST set up a really in detail lore base, but knowing how the test fort went in just the first year I'm sure it will soon devolve into feverish drunken rantings of a communist turtle who cares about nothing and gives no fucks when he orders the Bomb-omb squadrons to go out and nuke the area to cleanse it of all life, enemy or otherwise. Then it will get all peaceful for two seconds and he'll come out from under his desk and try to say something philosophical sounding, soon to interrupted by the allied "everyone against Modded Hell" federation, soon to be smitten down by the power that is within the mighty meat fortress.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

Can do. Any specific profession, lore, or personality you want me to try to go with? I'm going to try to AT LEAST set up a really in detail lore base, but knowing how the test fort went in just the first year I'm sure it will soon devolve into feverish drunken rantings of a communist turtle who cares about nothing and gives no fucks when he orders the Bomb-omb squadrons to go out and nuke the area to cleanse it of all life, enemy or otherwise. Then it will get all peaceful for two seconds and he'll come out from under his desk and try to say something philosophical sounding, soon to interrupted by the allied "everyone against Modded Hell" federation, soon to be smitten down by the power that is within the mighty meat fortress.

I feel like someone could just sig this entire paragraph.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I'm just going to hoard all the desks into one room and label it "Panic Room". As much as I want my Koopa to be head lawnmower rancher I feel like that would cause him to be the first in the line of fire when everything in the fort spots a fly and shoots flames at it. I've got some seriously good lore already thought up that I'm hoping to implement, but me just saying these incredibly long broken english sentences professising the smoldering, meat lined hole in the ground that will soon be our fort tells me that my Koopa is gonna be constantly doing keg stands to cover for these moods I get in when I'm just like "fuck periods, all ideas can be grouped into the ultimate sentence".

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile

How did I miss this? I knew the moment I saw Birdemic birds, all sorts of !!FUN!! was going to be had.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn, can't believe I've missed this. I was just recently messing around with the old MixMod for 31.25. PTW, may post more once I read all this stuff.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

Yess, this is the ideal end result of all modular mods.

Fortal Kombat could fit in here.

I think it's funny that you're still calling your playable abominations Koopas.

Also, any plans of taking a short adventure mode romp through this wacky world?

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will make an attempt at adding the fortal combat mod in a few days. And the extreme Koopa nationalism is kinda the only thing keeping them together as the Koopa civ I'd say. That and I have no idea what we would be calling them otherwise. I have taken a brief poke around in adventure mode that I haven't posted about yet, and it's been something special. For the most part this world is infested with Shy Guy bandits, which I have been killing ruthlessly. I also took on a tower, a tower that was apparently built by worshipers of the carp god. I got the ability to accept the carp god the moment I got there, but still killed everyone in search of necromantic books. I didn't find any, but I gained the ability to raise body parts as crabs or squids. Then after a day or so I gained like 7 other abilities that i haven't even taken a look at yet. But if there's one thing I love/hate about it, it's being asked to go slay a local Godzilla that has a couple hundred kills. Everyone sais they have no idea where to find it, yeah right, like one of the biggest things possibly in the game is hiding under a pile of leaves or something. I'm happy to see we had a lot more people discover this, maybe I'll try to make more of a post on the adventure.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

For the purpose of the thread, I'd volunteer to go through a short trip in adv mode once MottledPetrel finalizes the world and all the included mods.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Once I have genned the world that we are going to use for the real fort and I play it for one update I will send you the save file. It would definitely help to get an adventurerer's perspective of the surrounding areas and neighbors.

I'm genning another world right now (because I'm bored and l like it) and I'm noticing three things: the world is PACKED with cites (no real surprise, but it's cool to see), most of the site's I looked at have a name in the Shy Guy language for some reason, and there is a disproportionately large amount of towers. I counted 7 in just a quick look at the main continent, not even the entire map.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 05:56:51 pm by MottledPetrel »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 100