Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 279640 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

I can only imagine how crashy it would be with a vermin animal as a civ. I would say that it at least demands a good try eventually, but no promises on actually getting it to work. It will definitely have to wait until the next fortress though.

Edit: I can' tcommit to starting a new test fort tonight, but I genned the world and it looks fine. Here are all the neighbors I plan to piss off with our shrieks of pain as we burn to death within the first couple of seasons.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:08:36 pm by MottledPetrel »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, everything seems to be fine, but I need a little help wrapping my head around this one...

Actually, everything isn't all right. Some of the animal prices are down to one when they shouldn't be and some civ forming creatures are available. No idea why.

Okay, everyone burned to death literally minutes after I started. We spawned right on top of a group of gillmen. The koopas imeadiately spat lava at all of them, missing most. This ignited all the animals around them, who ran around spreading the fire. As you would expect, this didn't end well. I'm going to remove the lava spitting purely on the basis that I've had way more innocents killed with it than enemies.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 06:53:17 pm by MottledPetrel »

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile

I can only imagine how crashy it would be with a vermin animal as a civ. I would say that it at least demands a good try eventually, but no promises on actually getting it to work. It will definitely have to wait until the next fortress though.

Edit: I can' tcommit to starting a new test fort tonight, but I genned the world and it looks fine. Here are all the neighbors I plan to piss off with our shrieks of pain as we burn to death within the first couple of seasons.

How do these ''politicians'' behave in game, I would be amused if they were rer-skinned vampires or Tick Men.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They kinda act like a less effective but more interesting and evil form of humans. Having them act like tick men would have been hysterical though.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

The forgotten beast thing is probably still duped raws, just a less severe case of it.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will have to take a look at it then, I knew it was too good to be true.

My initial look found no more duped raws, is there someway I could do a quick search or something instead of manually sifting?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 06:30:45 am by MottledPetrel »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Man what the hell, how did you manage to embark near 4 of the halloween invaders?

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile

Also what on earth is a necrothreader in game ???

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

Pretty much necromancers as a civ. They are from Teh Lolmod. I forget if they had anything else. Oh wait, I believe they breathe fire. Or maybe that was just the FPS gamers...
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Necrothreaders can breath fire, I had a brief trial run with them as an adventurer a while ago. The only problem was that everything I reanimated turned on me, so it kinda defeated the point. And let me tell you, I have the worst best luck with settling next to everyone dangerous. But then the game starts and I never fucking see them. Or I get swarmed with their bards, and usually never any mercenaries. I really hope that isn't the case for this fortress, but I'm going to die of laughter if we get one of the giant skeleton monsters as a bard.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

Isn't there a way to prevent bards from certain civs, by removing instruments, and other stuff they would do?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But that takes the FUN out of having a bard with, say, NECROSIS CAUSING POWDER FALLING OFF OF HIM come and visit your fort. And I'm not sure if the instrument thing would work, couldn't they still come as dancers, poets, and singers? I haven't experimented much with bards, I just know I get some pretty damn exotic ones every time I play.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't recall, is there anything stopping you from putting bards in the military?

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uhh, I can't remember, but I think bards can't do any work at all, including military. Travelers coming to join the military are mercenaries, and they can only be put into military. I like to have one or two bards around for entertainment, but after a while I just use them for trap testing. I'm hoping they could be used as good potential story seeds though, but other than that they tend to be extra mouths to feed that don't really contribute to society.

Just so you all know, because everyone burned to death 10 seconds in on my last attempt at a test fort I have created a new world. For this I will only document the funny things, the broken things, and the things that should be implemented in future forts. Somehow I managed to buy some awakened basalt at the start, so that's pretty neat. Apparently awakened stones can haul and do basic tasks, who would've known?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 06:48:17 pm by MottledPetrel »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

How do these ''politicians'' behave in game
They kinda act like a less effective but more interesting and evil form of humans.
Realism?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 100