Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 279700 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

How do these ''politicians'' behave in game
They kinda act like a less effective but more interesting and evil form of humans.
Realism?

I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile

They kinda act like a less effective but more interesting and evil form of humans.
Realism?

I so badly want to sig this, but I would be quoting myself and that feels pompous.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

I only now realize how incredibly accurate that statement was, and now I'm dying of laughter. Okay, someone needs to make a google sheet or something to save all of these incredible quotes.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 07:43:38 pm by MottledPetrel »

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Realism?

I so badly want to sig this, but I would be quoting myself and that feels pompous.
Well I'm taking it then

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile

Realism?

I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.
IDK, I think the term ''Warhawk'' comes to mind.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp, this world crashes consistently at around 2 minutes of playtime for no discernible reason, genning a new world now.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

If the duping becomes too much of a problem, most of the mods will update shortly after the new version comes out. I'm busy lately, but we could just rebuild the pack while being careful for duping symptoms. We'd get the mods' updates as well by doing that. I'd help if I get a chance.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sounds like a better idea than cut off the infected limbs of this ailing modpack in an attempt to save it. The only thing we would really need to save from this would be the Koopa's and their civ changes. For testing purposes of the universe we've created as a whole I'm going to continue to fuck around with what we have now to see if it's broken enough to require an entire remake.

I would also like to report that even without me assigning the Koopa civ most of the other civ's weapons, we have access to them. I forget where the christmas elves and such came from, but could someone describe to me how christmas lights are used as a weapon?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 02:45:17 pm by MottledPetrel »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

could someone describe to me how christmas lights are used as a weapon?
With great difficulty - I'm not sure who made the christmas mod tho.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sounds like a better idea than cut off the infected limbs of this ailing modpack in an attempt to save it. The only thing we would really need to save from this would be the Koopa's and their civ changes. For testing purposes of the universe we've created as a whole I'm going to continue to fuck around with what we have now to see if it's broken enough to require an entire remake.

I would also like to report that even without me assigning the Koopa civ most of the other civ's weapons, we have access to them. I forget where the christmas elves and such came from, but could someone describe to me how christmas lights are used as a weapon?
Presumably as a festive whip

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That would probably make the most sense. For a second I thought that electricity was invented just so that little festive lights could be there to bathe everything in a merry glow as the christmas elves strangled everyone to death.

Weirdness report: I got this alert, and then had my camera pulled all the way to the bottom of the world. I'm not sure if this guy is attacking from the magma sea or something, but I don't even know what a "dark knight from Vanda" is.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 04:28:31 pm by MottledPetrel »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Dark Knight of Vanda? I think thats Culex from Super Mario RPG.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I find it incredibly ironic that you sent me a link to a mod I was in the process of checking out. In my two seconds of googling I could not find a Dark Knight of Vanda (then again, I didn't look very hard), but that seems to be it. Any idea when the announcement came it dragged me to the bottom of the world, and then the knight just never appeared? This world also has a crash I can't seem to do anything about as well, so I don't know what's going on. While playing it I was reminded of another longstanding glitch in this modpack. It adds on to the current glitch of dwarves getting stuck up in trees, but when I try to cut down the tree to get the koopa to the ground he just floats in midair. And while he's floating in mid air he can walk around on the same z level no problem. He just mills about without a care in the world, I have to build a staircase up to him. Then when he finally gets down to the ground he immeadiately runs to the next closest tree and climbs it, restarting the cycle. It is EXTREMELY irritating because I have to pay attention and manually designate one more stair to be built on top of each one, only to have him run up another tree. He eventually either dies of thirst or just decides to stop being an idiot and goes back inside.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Thats a known problem with fliers, they're even worse about the "getting stuck" thing than regular dwarves, since they'll hang in mid-air.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 100